Bills sign CB Shareece Wright

Just want to reiterate, he might be, or at least in the conversation for, the absolute worst corner in the league.

But 21st in PFF's run defense category among all corners so that'll make some people happy, right? :D

Edited by Blokestradamus

Just want to reiterate, he might be, or at least in the conversation for, the absolute worst corner in the league.

You've made your expected point. Considering there are approximately 128 CB's League wide during the season and he's played in 67 games, has made 50+ tackles per in 3 of the last 4 seasons with 15 starts, I'm guessing you're incorrect. Again.

The cornerback who tops the list for most fantasy points allowed per snap (FP/Sn), and earns the dubious honor of being the easiest corner to pass on in the league is Shareece Wright.

That was 2013, Sherlock.

Here's a more recent PFF article...

"In fact, Pro Football Focus is willing to call him one as one of the league's better cornerbacks."

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2015/12/5/9853700/shareece-wright-is-surprisingly-the-ravens-best-cornerback

Edited by Wayne Arnold

That was 2013, Sherlock.

"In fact, Pro Football Focus is willing to call him one as one of the league's better cornerbacks."

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2015/12/5/9853700/shareece-wright-is-surprisingly-the-ravens-best-cornerback

Thanks Wayne. ALF - 4 years ago come on man! Fake news is a big enough problem.

Edited by horned dogs

I feel good about the depth chart at the cornerback position.

Darby
White
Seymour
Wright
Johnson
Cromartie

(Hyde will play nickel at times)

Now if they can just go get a veteran safety, I'll feel much better about things.

He was awful last year. Wouldn't get too excited. Team that cut him drafted CB at pick 1 and with other picks in the draft.

Wasn't awful against us, he single handedly won that game for them, he was all over the field

You've made your expected point. Considering there are approximately 128 CB's League wide during the season and he's played in 67 games, has made 50+ tackles per in 3 of the last 4 seasons with 15 starts, I'm guessing you're incorrect. Again.

Worst starting CB. He's awful. I'm sorry you don't watch more than just the Bills. He was Duke Williams bad in coverage last year and to add his one career INT, nothing to get too excited over.

Worst starting CB. He's awful. I'm sorry you don't watch more than just the Bills. He was Duke Williams bad in coverage last year and to add his one career INT, nothing to get too excited over.

Who was his position coach last year?

He's a solid vet CB.

The bottom line is that McD plays mostly zone coverage on defense. That's why you haven't seen him go out and get a shutdown man for man CB.

He needs CBs who can read the QB and make the tackle.

McD's system is completely different from what we saw from Rex Ryan's defense. We need to give it a chance.

That was 2013, Sherlock.

Dont ruin his clear bias against the new regime. Wright is a veteran corner who at worst will provide a body at camp for our corners to vew a veteran in their surroundings, and at best provides decent depth/starter potential. Edited by Bill_with_it

Dont ruin his clear bias against the new regime. Wright is a veteran corner who at worst will provide a body at camp for our corners to vew a veteran in their surroundings, and at best provides decent depth/starter potential.

Exactly. This team is desperate for help in the secondary. We have Darby (who was poor a year ago) and a rookie as starters, then Leonard Johnson as our nickel - who was graded terribly the last two seasons. We have no idea whether or not Kevon Seymour can actually play. Beggars can't be choosers.

You have to take all these corners and re look at them as how they have done in zone as opposed to press coverage

I dont know a thing about the guy so Im not gonna pretend I do......but if they were playing in defenses that did not suit their strengths in previous years you have to give benefit of the doubt

Um ... I have no dog in this fight, but a high number of tackles isn't necessarily a good indicator of a CB's quality. In fact, there's often an inverse relationship.

You have to take all these corners and re look at them as how they have done in zone as opposed to press coverage

I dont know a thing about the guy so Im not gonna pretend I do......but if they were playing in defenses that did not suit their strengths in previous years you have to give benefit of the doubt

That's what I was thinking. Look at Lorax for example.

Um ... I have no dog in this fight, but a high number of tackles isn't necessarily a good indicator of a CB's quality. In fact, there's often an inverse relationship.

Indeed. You give up a bunch of receptions in a game, you're likely to get credit for a few tackles after the reception.