if we trade out of 10

mead107

Dropping below 20 pretty much guarantees a second 1st next year & something nice this year....so yes, I'm down.

Extra picks in a deep draft this year plus a one in 2018? Where do I sign.

i like that

Its possible houston might look to jump up to 10 to have their pick at qb, especially if all of them are still on the board. Dropping down to 25 would likely get us their 2nd this year and 1st next year.

I would love this scenario. Still should be able to get a great player at 25 and now also 2 more probable starters or major contributers in the 2nd. And of course having 2 1st round picks next year is the real bonus

I'd like to see us drop down to the early 20's and pick up an extra 2nd rounder. We have so many holes to fill and the extra pick will really help fill some of those needs. The guy I'd look at in the early 20's is Jarrad Davis, LB from Florida.

Edited by Canuck204

Interesting information about the saints

People always talk about trading back but apparently teams are doing it differently. They won a Super Bowl in that span. I am NOT advocating trading up in this draft because I think that we need the picks. I wonder if there are other teams with trends this strong? Edited by Kirby Jackson

People always talk about trading back but apparently teams are doing it differently. They won a Super Bowl in that span. I am NOT advocating trading up in this draft because I think that we need the picks. I wonder if there are other teams with trends this strong?

Some might say that, coupled with the missing on free agents, is how they got to be .500 with a hall of fame qb though. Edited by NoSaint

Some might say that, coupled with the missing on free agents, is how they got to be .500 with a hall of fame qb though.

Oh, I'm not saying it worked. I just thought that it was interesting. Their drafts have been weird, full of stars and busts. They rarely draft a solid player it feels like.

Usually I am not a fan of trading back. In this draft though I think it would be a good move since they only have 6 picks and it's a deep draft. Won't be easy to get the value they want out of it though for those same reasons.

I would be fine with dropping below 20 if they got a second this year and a 4th, and a player.

Usually I am not a fan of trading back. In this draft though I think it would be a good move since they only have 6 picks and it's a deep draft. Won't be easy to get the value they want out of it though for those same reasons.

I would be fine with dropping below 20 if they got a second this year and a 4th, and a player.

I have been on board because I think that they need 4 starters still. An extra pick in the top 100 should be enough to get that done. I'd be all for going to 25 and getting a 3rd and next year's first (or something like that).

Don't know the statistics, but I would think teams with a new coach trade back a lot more than they trade up. If I were a new coach however, I'd be doing everything I could to get a QB if I didn't already have a franchise one. Would be really surprised if Bills don't draft a QB with one of their top 2 picks.

Its possible houston might look to jump up to 10 to have their pick at qb, especially if all of them are still on the board. Dropping down to 25 would likely get us their 2nd this year and 1st next year.

I would love this scenario. Still should be able to get a great player at 25 and now also 2 more probable starters or major contributers in the 2nd. And of course having 2 1st round picks next year is the real bonus

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

That's nonsense... The drop from #10 (1300) down to #25 (720) is 580pts which is the approximate value of the top of the 2nd round (#33) so maybe you get #25 and their 2nd rd pick this year - maybe something next year... certainly NOT their 1st next year... Just NOT going to happen...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

That's nonsense... The drop from #10 (1300) down to #25 (720) is 580pts which is the approximate value of the top of the 2nd round (#33) so maybe you get #25 and their 2nd rd pick this year - maybe something next year... certainly NOT their 1st next year... Just NOT going to happen...

Really? They say a 1st next year is the equivalent of a 2nd this year. The Bills elected to keep their 2nd in 2014 instead of their 1st in 2015. If the Bills went from 10 to 25 they would have a VERY good chance to land a 2018 1st.

Really? They say a 1st next year is the equivalent of a 2nd this year. The Bills elected to keep their 2nd in 2014 instead of their 1st in 2015. If the Bills went from 10 to 25 they would have a VERY good chance to land a 2018 1st.

Well, I guess that we will find out which of us is right very shortly... side bet? And who is this mysterious "THEY" you speak of?

And I don't believe that the Bills are any less needy at QB as any of these other teams that you might wanna mention... If it's in their interest to draft one of these QB's then isn't it also in the Bills interest to "stay put" and solve their own QB problem? If I was a new HC I'd be very leery about entrusting my coaching future to TT and/or Cardale jones...

Well, I guess that we will find out which of us is right very shortly... side bet? And who is this mysterious "THEY" you speak of?

And I don't believe that the Bills are any less needy at QB as any of these other teams that you might wanna mention... If it's in their interest to draft one of these QB's then isn't it also in the Bills interest to "stay put" and solve their own QB problem? If I was a new HC I'd be very leery about entrusting my coaching future to TT and/or Cardale jones...

You don't think that the Bills are less needy at QB than Houston or Cleveland? Their QB has 47 TDs and 12 TDs the last 2 years. That is WAY better than what those teams are getting. It's also ahead of Miami, KC, Baltimore (if you want to look at the numbers) amongst others.

I don't know if the Bills will get a 2018 1st not but if they go to 25 they will. That is the general rule of thumb. If you wait a year you gain a round. There are lots and lots and lots of examples of this.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Houston doesn't have a second this year (osweiler deal) but I'm all for finagling a 2nd first rounder for next year as well as an extra pick or two this year in a trade back. We shall see

i believe the 2nd they gave to Cleveland is for 2018. They did get a 2017 4th from Cleveland in that deal. Edited by YoloinOhio

We have so many holes to fill... (CB, LB, WR, OT & Possibly TE in Rick Dennison's offense)

Trading back would be the best case scenario... We only have 6 picks to begin with (no 4th rounder or 7th rounder), so if we can trade back and receive another pick or two, it could really help... This draft is so deep with Defensive Backs, which is a big need that we have. It's also very deep with big size WR's & TE's..

If we can trade back and grab one of the top CB's later in the 1st round, or TE such as David Njoku or OJ Howard who seems to be dropping in draft projections.. That adds another weapon for Tyrod Taylor. Both OJ Howard and David Njoku are WR's in TE's bodies.. in the 2nd and 3rd round we can still get a really good CB or LB, or if we go defense in the 1st round, we can still get a good WR in the 2nd or 3rd round, a WR with size and speed, there are a lot of them out there..

If anyone has watched tape on Rick Dennison's offense, he likes to line up with either 2 TE's or a FB and RB... that's why Patrick Dimarco and Mike Tolbert were both really good pick ups.. they can both line up in the back field, but can also line up in the slot which can cause confusion for defenses. It would spread out the defense and allow Shady to run wild... once Shady gets past the 1st level, he is so elusive, he can take the distance anytime the balls in his hands..

Personally I would love to trade back in the 1st round, grab a late round pick or picks and add depth to the areas in which we need.. Regardless of where we draft in the 1st round, I truly believe no matter where we draft in the 1st round, that pick will be a day 1 starter.. I also think with pick number 44 (2nd Round) we can also grab another day 1 starter. Anyone who thinks we should draft a QB in the 1st/2nd round is crazy in my opinion. We need someone with those 1st two picks to come in and start from day 1... a Rookie QB is not going to be the starter this year, unless Tyrod goes down in the preseason.

REPORT: Bills making calls to trade down & out of 10th spot ahead of draft

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/report-bills-making-calls-to-trade-down-out-of-10th-spot-ahead-of-draft

Why would anyone trade up into 10 BEFORE the draft? No one's going to make a move like that until they see who's still on the board. Maybe the Bills are just testing the water.

I said this in the shout box, but if the rumors are right that Carolina loves McCaffrey, that could push Fournette to 10. Teams know the Bills are not taking him, however, you know NO will if he is there. Teams like Philly (14th), Indy (15th), TB (19th) will for sure be calling to get ahead of NO, but also NO will be looking to move up 1 spot so these teams can't. I really think this is the only chance we have at moving down. I don't see any other player that teams will want to move up for.

...the monetary reason to trade down has been eliminated with rookie cap (last cashers were Bradford at $50 mil and Stafford at $41 mil).......so now it is solely positional strategy to land YOUR guy....makes finding partners a bit more difficult IMO....hard to envision yesteryear when draft was 17 rounds.........

Jmho but i dont get why teams dont trade down non stop. Id treat every draft like a recruiting class. ( guys are gone after 4 yrs now)

Id literally trade down as much as possible per every round

Id try to get close to 15 picks or more.

Id treat the 1st round as a tool to live in rds 2-5

My draft would b something like

I said this in the shout box, but if the rumors are right that Carolina loves McCaffrey, that could push Fournette to 10. Teams know the Bills are not taking him, however, you know NO will if he is there. Teams like Philly (14th), Indy (15th), TB (19th) will for sure be calling to get ahead of NO, but also NO will be looking to move up 1 spot so these teams can't. I really think this is the only chance we have at moving down. I don't see any other player that teams will want to move up for.

i want as many picks as possible. Screw the flash rb.

Jmho but i dont get why teams dont trade down non stop. Id treat every draft like a recruiting class. ( guys are gone after 4 yrs now)

Id literally trade down as much as possible per every round

Id try to get close to 15 picks or more.

Id treat the 1st round as a tool to live in rds 2-5

My draft would b something like

i want as many picks as possible. Screw the flash rb.

Two teams that have done this that stick out in my mind are Cleve and NE. Both have some of the worst drafting success. You need high picks. Just having picks doesn't guarantee anything.

REPORT: Bills making calls to trade down & out of 10th spot ahead of draft

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/report-bills-making-calls-to-trade-down-out-of-10th-spot-ahead-of-draft

If this is true, then it suggests that the Bills don't have a QB that they have high confidence in and want badly. Correct? Because if they did, they wouldn't trade out of that spot and gamble on missing him.