McCoach took 7 franchise greats out to dinner this week

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far McDermott is saying and doing all the right things. That was very classy of him to take the Bills legends out for dinner.

Partial credit. His truck still has its factory paint job and he hasn't altered any of his tattoos. Wake me up when he commits to this coaching thing.

Rex ate wings at Big Tree with Jim and Thurman for that SI article - that doesn't count?

Just kidding - he probably stuck them with the bill

Funny - I think that was a regional cover. I actually had my Dad go out and buy a copy in Buffalo and mail it to me. I noticed it laying in my house the other day and had to laugh. At the time I was thinking of framing it!

Funny - I think that was a regional cover. I actually had my Dad go out and buy a copy in Buffalo and mail it to me. I noticed it laying in my house the other day and had to laugh. At the time I was thinking of framing it!

As far as I know Big Tree still has it up, but they removed the R from the title so the cover reads 'The Ex Effect' :lol:

This is nice and all, but WINS.

Just sayin...

of. Course.

Not saying you are doing this, but I've seen a few posts that feel like they can't let themselves like what's going on now because they don't trust what's to come. I'm comfortable separating the two as far as being able to appreciate some things now that appear promising and understanding that ultimately real success will take place on the field. Doesn't mean I have to block out the good that is currently (imo, obviously) starting to implement in the offseason.

As far as I know Big Tree still has it up, but they removed the R from the title so the cover reads 'The Ex Effect' :lol:

i love this very much

Thats quite the group! I really feel like this is the best direction we've gone in many HC hires. Im loving it. Here's to hoping for the true culture change we've been searching for!

Good stuff, but when does OJ get his Derm dinner date? B-)

Maybe for his last meal??

of. Course.

Not saying you are doing this, but I've seen a few posts that feel like they can't let themselves like what's going on now because they don't trust what's to come. I'm comfortable separating the two as far as being able to appreciate some things now that appear promising and understanding that ultimately real success will take place on the field. Doesn't mean I have to block out the good that is currently (imo, obviously) starting to implement in the offseason.

i love this very much

C3hYrB_WAAAZx4F.jpg

So far McDermott is saying and doing all the right things. That was very classy of him to take the Bills legends out for dinner.

Exactly. What's he up to?

This guy looks more and more like a winner. All we do is win off-seasons.

I knew it was too good to be true. We're DOOOOOOOOMED!

I am so sick of the kissing up to these "Legends". Can we look into the future and leave the past behind?

Do other NFL teams act like this with their retired players?

Its hard to have a better tomorrow, if you don't stop dwelling on yesterday.

Imo

Can we wait for the season to begin at least?

I thought it just started? Isn't that what the NFL wants?

I'm pretty sure they do.

Edited by T-Bomb

I am so sick of the kissing up to these "Legends". Can we look into the future and leave the past behind?

Imo

aren't you !@#$ing deep.

I am so sick of the kissing up to these "Legends". Can we look into the future and leave the past behind?its not dwelling, its recognizing the efforts and achievements of former players. Ya know,like celebrating July 4th,the anniversaries of Pearl Harbor,etc,etc. Its Homage

Imo

of. Course.

i love this very much

I mean, I can appreciate it, I guess. But it means absolutely nothing until someone finally manages to prove it on the field.

The Bills have burned me too many times with offseason optimism. You know me, Im no pessimist, but I'm not getting high or low until I see some actual football played.

I mean, I can appreciate it, I guess. But it means absolutely nothing until someone finally manages to prove it on the field.

The Bills have burned me too many times with offseason optimism. You know me, Im no pessimist, but I'm not getting high or low until I see some actual football played.

Steve Tasker was recently on the John Murphy Show and said “Bills fans are made up of 90% scar tissue by now." We've all been burned way too many times by this team.

Imo

Yikes, Leroi, such negativity from you today.

I think you can honor the past and still have a good future.

In the army, when you get assigned to a new unit, part of the inprocessing typically involves reading the unit history and learning about its proud tradition.

Similarly, lots of Ivy League kids read up on the proud history of their institutions. This in no way hinders them in building their own futures. Respecting tradition, in fact, can help build better futures.

In this case, it's just dinner after all. It's not "dwelling." I don't think McD is watching old game tapes of the '66 AFL Championship game, wondering how we might have won that game. I'm sure his focus is entirely on making the Bills winners this year.

Steve Tasker was recently on the John Murphy Show and said Bills fans are made up of 90% scar tissue by now." We've all been burned way too many times by this team.

Cubs and Redsox fans were filled with scars too,once upon a time. They can heal

This is not about being classy or PR. Its one more piece of gaining an understanding of what winning teams do. How they behave, how they prepare, how they lead, how they interact. I know the Superbowl teams weren't perfect in all of these areas, but they surely had some sucess.

This guy is a student of the game. Didn't come here thinking he has all the answers.

Edited by Robchester

Yikes, Leroi, such negativity from you today.

I think you can honor the past and still have a good future.

In the army, when you get assigned to a new unit, part of the inprocessing typically involves reading the unit history and learning about its proud tradition.

Similarly, lots of Ivy League kids read up on the proud history of their institutions. This in no way hinders them in building their own futures. Respecting tradition, in fact, can help build better futures.

In this case, it's just dinner after all. It's not "dwelling." I don't think McD is watching old game tapes of the '66 AFL Championship game, wondering how we might have won that game. I'm sure his focus is entirely on making the Bills winners this year.

Every new coach has to do a song and dance with the characters of the past.

Its becoming a traditional curse.

Its like they have to pass the bad-luck and gray clouds to the new coaches and instill the Buffalo culture upon them.

Imo

Every new coach has to do a song and dance with the characters of the past.

Its becoming a traditional curse.

Its like they have to pass the bad-luck and gray clouds to the new coaches and instill the Buffalo culture upon them.

Imo

Its about LEARNING the culture,as to better CHANGE the culture. Its also paying homage.And learning to RELATE to a storied(allbeit not ideal) history. Should we ignore the past,or understand it to improve it?

it doesn't have to "mean" anything beyond what it is... a classy gesture for one, and a bunch of football guys discussing... football, team building, players.... Edited by YoloinOhio