Bills fire 3 long-time staffers and Team Chaplain

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real question is why does Billy Buffalo still have a job? That guy has been there since the drought began...

Billy Buffalo must die

Kill the train horn operator while you're at it

Edited by stevewin

These people were formerly under football operations. That was/is Russ Brandon not Doug Whaley as many are reporting.

There was a report from after Marrone's first season that Whaley and Marrone wanted to make changes to the training staff and that those people were under the Brandon's control.

If McDermott wants to implement a different athletic support system, it's a lot easier to bring in people who are well versed in whatever program he wants to implement rather than re-train the current staff.

Would love to see an actual person play Buffalo Bill Cody. Heck, how about he keeps a live buffalo on the sidelines? Trots in on a horse and fires some cap guns in the air before the game to get us going. Could have a whole wagon/western theme and everything.

Also found this: http://www.thekickisgood.com/the-curse-of-billy-buffalo/ WTF is a Huddles?

Is this before the elephants and car full of clowns or afterwards?

McD comes from an excellent coaching tree. That's the first thing I look at when it comes to coaches.

Greatness begets further greatness, and so I just don't get how anyone could criticize his effort to extend his coaching tree branch in Buffalo.

Ryan brothers and Son of Bum just for two.

I've found just the opposite for every guy I've met that was great in some capacity his fam. is mostly just people.

He's the nutritionalist and it takes like a 30 sec Google search to see he's well respected outside of football as well.

Is an equipment manager changing going to help us win games as well? McDermott just wants to hire his boys.

No sh*t he wants to bring in his own people. Why wouldn't he. the Bills have had the last 3 years the most injuries of any team in the league. Someone has got to take the fall for that.

No Chaplain?

Now we can finally make a deal with the Devil!!!!

Brady suddenly sucks and we pick some guy in the sixth round who goes on to lead us to 8(!!!!) superbowls, McDermot becomes a better coach than hoody and 17 years from now we are still winning.

Why is training and guiding a blind runner such a great feet (see the pun there?)? Why does this mean he does an excellent job strengthening and conditioning NFL football players?

Most likely, McD just wants to bring in his own people who fit what he wants to do, nothing wrong with that...good on him

Usually you try to find a way to keep good humans around. My wife is a marathon runner and, while watching her, I saw liburd and his co-runner together at the buffalo marathon. I think liburd did something similar at a 5k in orchard park. I was very impressed by and equally touched by his generosity of spirit.

Usually you try to find a way to keep good humans around. My wife is a marathon runner and, while watching her, I saw liburd and his co-runner together at the buffalo marathon. I think liburd did something similar at a 5k in orchard park. I was very impressed by and equally touched by his generosity of spirit.

what he did was very kind but I don't understand this point at all. My company lays off "good humans" all the time as business decisions, restructures, management changes, etc. This is a multi billion dollar organization we are talking about. Finding a way to keep good humans around really isn't contributing to the objective of the organization.

they need to get better trainers as well. Strength and conditioning and medical staff goes hand in hand in making sure players get the proper training to PREVENT INJURIES. stupid Hammy injuries are just stupid and easily fixable with proper training.

what he did was very kind but I don't understand this point at all. My company lays off "good humans" all the time as business decisions, restructures, management changes, etc. This is a multi billion dollar organization we are talking about. Finding a way to keep good humans around really isn't contributing to the objective of the organization.

Like everything else in life balance is important. Read the NYT article on the Amazon workplace. Sometimes you have to find a way to keep a couple of good people around at the expense of metrics, bottom line, etc. if liburd was incompetent or failing at his job, then there is no room to argue against your viewpoint. But if he isn't or wasn't, then maybe this is the type of situation where someone makes a compromise to keep liburd around in one capacity or another. Even berchtold kept a title.

Edited by SectionC3

I'm not the type that usually likes to see anyone lose their jobs, but I am all for whatever changes McDermott wants to make.

Some of these guys were Ralph Wilson era Bills lifers - Berchtold. McMillen (21 years). Lancaster (16yrs).

We are not in the building. We have no idea how these people play into the culture there. If our coach felt a change is needed, I support it. I am all for getting rid of Ralph Wilson lifers anyway...

Some of these guys have lasted through multiple coaches and general managers. I find it very hard to believe that none of those coaches/GMs wanted to get rid of any of them and/or bring in their own people.

So if we finally have a coach who can help bring some real change to OBD, I am all for it.

I'm not the type that usually likes to see anyone lose their jobs, but I am all for whatever changes McDermott wants to make.

Some of these guys were Ralph Wilson era Bills lifers - Berchtold. McMillen (21 years). Lancaster (16yrs).

We are not in the building. We have no idea how these people play into the culture there. If our coach felt a change is needed, I support it. I am all for getting rid of Ralph Wilson lifers anyway...

Some of these guys have lasted through multiple coaches and general managers. I find it very hard to believe that none of those coaches/GMs wanted to get rid of any of them and/or bring in their own people.

So if we finally have a coach who can help bring some real change to OBD, I am all for it.

Very fair points.

Like everything else in life balance is important. Read the NYT article on the Amazon workplace. Sometimes you have to find a way to keep a couple of good people around at the expense of metrics, bottom line, etc. if liburd was incompetent or failing at his job, then there is no room to argue against your viewpoint. But if he isn't or wasn't, then maybe this is the type of situation where someone makes a compromise to keep liburd around in one capacity or another. Even berchtold kept a title.

sure... I'm assuming that they felt there could be improvement at his position, and if that's the case they shouldn't be held back from making that change simply because he's a "good human".

as I recall, it was reported that Marrone wanted to make changes to the S&C staff but he didn't have the power over that at the time, it went through the GM.

What would a team chaplain have to do to get fired?

lol you don't remember him telling Tex not to challenge the Hogan catch against the Chiefs when the replay showed Hogan caught the ball?

Just once I'd like for a football player to blame Jesus for losing the game.

lol you don't remember him telling Tex not to challenge the Hogan catch against the Chiefs when the replay showed Hogan caught the ball?

I think Stevie Johnson did after the Pittsburgh drop.

The Chaplin told Rex not to challenge a call? Odd.

Oh, and remember SJ after he dropped the game winning TD vs. Steelers several years ago??

Have you ever heard of a player named Stevie Johnson?

totally agree. What did the Team Chaplin do to deserve getting canned?

he was a Rex guy.

For those who don't remember ...

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/yesterday-was-a-bad-day-but-at-least-our-coach-doesnt-take-football-advice-from-the-team-chaplain/?utm_campaign=BarstoolSports&utm_source=BarstoolTw&utm_medium=Socialflow

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Stevie Johnson did after the Pittsburgh drop.

Oh my gosh how could I forget that??

If aliens from outer space ever ask me to describe the Bills in one play/sequence - it would be that.

lol "How you do me like that?"