Pats making a final push? Brady exit plan?

Virgil

I think the Pats had their rare chance of going undefeated in '07 and blew it due to being cocky. I don't think it's going to happen again.

I can't wait for the Pats to suck again so all these bandwagon fans can go away. I was a kid when the Bills made their Superbowl runs and seeing somebody wearing Pats gear around here was so rare. Ditto for the Colts. They were both horrible back in those days. Where were all these fans back then? They didn't exist in WNY.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Pats had their rare chance of going undefeated in '07 and blew it due to being cocky. I don't think it's going to happen again.

I can't wait for the Pats to suck again so all these bandwagon fans can go away. I was a kid when the Bills made their Superbowl runs and seeing somebody wearing Pats gear around here was so rare. Ditto for the Colts. They were both horrible back in those days. Where were all these fans back then? They didn't exist in WNY.

this is filled with so much anger.

Belichick's MO has always been to add players that give his team the best opportunity to win. He's continuing to do just that this offseason as well. The only difference is this offseason, he actually has cap space available to delve into player acquisitions he might otherwise not have had the chance to do in previous offseasons.

Belichick's MO has always been to add players that give his team the best opportunity to win. He's continuing to do just that this offseason as well. The only difference is this offseason, he actually has cap space available to delve into player acquisitions he might otherwise not have had the chance to do in previous offseasons.

Off-topic. This is now me vs Teef. Who's side you riding on?

Pee Wee vs Francis.

Edited by KermitMcDermott

Lets be honest. Belichick's MO is breaking the rules whenever he can.

How do you know they will suck after Brady and B B leave? They have good ownership, they may find a good HC and QB tandem.

When the Bills had their championship years, the NE ownership was the worst in the league, only interested in filling their pockets and not winning. They hired some of the dumbest GMs and coaches, sounds familiar.

This will end someday, Bills fans.

Envy yourselves more than the under-30 Pats fan. They grew up with this. Paid no dues.

When we finally get there, truly nothing will be sweeter.

There will come a time in the very near future when Bill & Tom are gone forever. The days of Patriot domination will be over. They will struggle for years. That will be our window to strike. We gotta find our franchise qb the year they retire.

This will end someday, Bills fans.

Envy yourselves more than the under-30 Pats fan. They grew up with this. Paid no dues.

When we finally get there, truly nothing will be sweeter.

Funny as I remember so vividly when the Pats were an automatic 2 wins each year a couple decades ago. We'll get there.

The window for both Brady and Beli is closing. For when Tommy Boy goes then Bill goes back to being average.

Like the time he lost Brady for the season and went 11-5. Granted they didn't make the playoffs but still, 11-5 usually means post season. What is that about demise being exaggerated?

:lol:

Good luck with that. I'm 43, and I'll pretty much guarantee the Bills won't win one before I die.

Cmon man! I am also 43. If I truly believed that the Buffalo Bills would never win the Superbowl, I wouldn't follow the team. I wish I could stomach gambling, cuz I'd like to make a wager with you. If you can come up with a bet that doesn't involve money, I'd be interested.

We have at least half our life to go, bro (I hope).

Off-topic. This is now me vs Teef. Who's side you riding on?

Pee Wee vs Francis.

I hope Large Marge eats you both.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

• 2 weeks later...

....a slight delay in his exit.....he may play longer than Blanda.....dammit.....................

Patriots owner Bob Kraft said Monday at the NFL Owners Meetings that Tom Brady believes he can continue playing into his mid to late 40s.

Brady turns 40 this August. "As recently as two to three days ago, (Brady) assured me he’s willing to play six, seven more years," were Kraft's exact words. Kraft added that he's hopeful Bill Belichick will "coach into his 80s." A lot of this feels hyperbolic and will likely prove to be, but Brady's current physical fitness and always-evolving game make the notion of him playing until age 45 seem conceivable as things stand today.
Mar 27 - 4:40 PM

Way too many Brady threads around here. 4 on the main page right now.

Just Jack closed a couple of them, but you folks do realize this isn't the Pats* board, right?

We should just start a thread called "Scumbag Cheaters" and all the pats* related garbage can be posted there, so you BILLS FANS can obcess about the enemy. :sick:

He's an injury away from retirement. if you're 40 and you take a serious knee injury, you're off your feet and you're not bouncing back like you did at 25. So as much as he likes to SAY these things, it's a lot harder to back them up.

I agree. The key is to get after him. Hit him hard and hit him often. He will make plays, but I'd rather take a shot and physically wear him down than sit back and let him pick us apart. Send 5 from all over the field and make sure he takes a hard hit at least 50% of the time.

I agree. The key is to get after him. Hit him hard and hit him often. He will make plays, but I'd rather take a shot and physically wear him down than sit back and let him pick us apart. Send 5 from all over the field and make sure he takes a hard hit at least 50% of the time.

The problem is he gets rid of the ball usually under 2.5 seconds.....not enough time to get there....and of course, if you hit him after the ball is gone, you tack on another 15 yards....some will say that taking the penalty is worth it....I'm more on the thinking that giving NE free yards is not the way to go....

After his last game against the Bills when he was hit quite a bit, he himself said he hasn't felt that sore after a game in a long time. His body ain't lasting much longer. He can do whatever he wants in the gym and with his nutrition, but 24-30 year old guys who are bigger and faster will ruin him sooner rather than later. And BB coaching into his 80's? I'm thinking Krafty Bob was on another bender when he made these comments.

He's willing...sure...but even him can't do that...he's not playing at 47 years old.....

....ties Blanda's record at age 48....becomes HC....Belichick to GM.....Jimmy G hangs out and inherits starting job....pain is everlasting............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....ties Blanda's record at age 48....becomes HC....Belichick to GM.....Jimmy G hangs out and inherits starting job....pain is everlasting............

Pats fans think they won't miss a beat with Jimmy. They said the same about Mallett.

And let's see if JG can stay on the field.

Pats fans think they won't miss a beat with Jimmy. They said the same about Mallett.

And let's see if JG can stay on the field.

....big difference......Rubber Mallet was a head case in college, lazy (ie. advertised work ethic) and a "bong enthusiast".....yet to see that about Jimmy G......and the Mallet continues to bounce around from team to team.............

He's an injury away from retirement. if you're 40 and you take a serious knee injury, you're off your feet and you're not bouncing back like you did at 25. So as much as he likes to SAY these things, it's a lot harder to back them up.

Where is Tonya Harding when you need her?