Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, I think Bellichick takes him...

insidious bastard

Fully agree with you. Garappolo isnt staying. Kelly has all the talent in the world. Just needs a little grooming. Who better to sit behind for the next few years. We are going to be sorry.

a little ?

Again ! Let Chad grow as a person and a player as far away from this dump as possible !He can't even go have a beer with his friends here without being challenged to a fight or some kind of b.s ! I hope you do well Chad , but you know this place is no good ! Besides ,Philly is your favorite team! You wore their jersey when you won the National Punt ,Pass & Kick in your younger days !!Good luck from a fellow St.Joes grad !!

personally, I think Bellichick takes him...

Yup....been saying this for a while. The Cheatriots take him in like the 5th round or something, he sits behind Brady for 3-4 years while getting his act together and then torments us for the next 10+ years. That is the worst case scenario, so it will probably happen.

That said, I am not sure I want to draft him. I am not opposed to it like many on here, but not really sure we should. I'm open to it, though as I do think he has a lot of raw talent.

Again ! Let Chad grow as a person and a player as far away from this dump as possible !He can't even go have a beer with his friends here without being challenged to a fight or some kind of b.s ! I hope you do well Chad , but you know this place is no good ! Besides ,Philly is your favorite team! You wore their jersey when you won the National Punt ,Pass & Kick in your younger days !!Good luck from a fellow St.Joes grad !!

Buffalo probably isn't the best place for him. I'm not going to argue with that fact. I just get the feeling that if he goes to have a beer trouble won't be far behind regardless of the city. Chad needs to conquer his own demons before it can work anywhere. He would do fine in Buffalo if he were to stay away from places like nightclubs. To be successful he'll have to do the same wherever he goes.

I'm a no on Chad Kelly. A franchise QB is among the rarest things in pro sports and is easily the most coveted/most searched for thing in the NFL. If the kid had it, there wouldn't be 29 teams taking a pass on a visit. Particularly for a guy that could be had cheap. Even if you have your guy, you could sit him and trade him in two years for a high draft pick.

I just don't think he pans out skill wise, I really have my doubts about his off field decisions going forward and the last place he should be is here in Buffalo in Jim's shadow. People may argue that here is where he has the most support, but here is where he has old bad habits and knucklehead friends to find trouble with. I think he has a better chance of developing with different scenery.

I can't even imagine how insufferable it would be around here if the Bills somehow acquired Choad Kelly. Inviting the most senselessly heated QB controversy since Tim Tebow was in the league would be grounds for firing Whaley with cause.

Look at any relative that has had to live up to a former family super star it 99.9% of the time just doesn't work !!

If he was to be drafted by the Bills every fan would be on him so hard because he wasn't his uncle Jim . The only way he would survive is to be better then his Uncle was & that's a pretty tall order !

But rest assured Bills fans would absolutely shred the poor kid !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a no on Chad Kelly. A franchise QB is among the rarest things in pro sports and is easily the most coveted/most searched for thing in the NFL. If the kid had it, there wouldn't be 29 teams taking a pass on a visit. Particularly for a guy that could be had cheap. Even if you have your guy, you could sit him and trade him in two years for a high draft pick.

I just don't think he pans out skill wise, I really have my doubts about his off field decisions going forward and the last place he should be is here in Buffalo in Jim's shadow. People may argue that here is where he has the most support, but here is where he has old bad habits and knucklehead friends to find trouble with. I think he has a better chance of developing with different scenery.

This.

Sure there would. 'Teams' boils down to one or two individuals who need to make the call and those are people who are just as unsure of the next move as anyone with a difficult job. They shy away from Kelly because he's a bad egg and they don't want to look bad if they take a chance on him and it blows up. But if you stay away from him and he becomes a star, no one is going to point fingers at any one GM. Therefore the risk profile says stay away. So that's why only teams who are fearless (or desperate) will consider him. And yeah, I bet the Pats* are on that short list too.

The kid has a terrible Johnny Football like track record. I wouldn't risk anything to draft this guy as my future QB. The good news is that he's going to be a late round pick or UDFA. There is no risk involved. If the improbable occurs and Kelly becomes a great QB this franchise would never live it down. I think that makes him a guy this franchise can't afford to pass on.

Sure they can pass on him and there wouldn't be anything to live down. Chad Kelly has a rough track record off the field and has had injuries on it. If his last name wasn't Kelly there wouldn't be so much attention paid to him on this board. There are things to like about him and he has potential, but folks on here act like he is Jim Kelly. The odds are better that he won't be than he will be.

Edited by purple haze

I briefly met Chad on the field when he was with Clemson. It was memorably negative experience as he was a rude punk. FF to today and it appears he hasn't changed much. I see no chance this jerk becomes the leader of an NFL football team. My guess is the lengthy research NFL teams do will lead them to glaringly red flags.

Even after everything that has happened when asked what he would tell NFL teams in the interview process he said "I have it all. I play with a different swag they've never seen before". He is truly a moron.

Edited by Triple Threat

On the one hand, I think it would be a classy nod to Jim to draft Chad in the 7th round if he's not gone by then.

On the other hand, I don't want Jimbo calling McD to complain about Chad not getting reps in practice.

It would truly suck if the Jets or Fins drafted Chad and he surprised everyone by turning out to be as good as his uncle. Seeing that Kelly name on another's jersey throwing TD against us would really hurt. Fortunately, it's not a likely scenario.

Edited by hondo in seattle