TYROD IS STAYING

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he is going to hit the roof.

I still want to see how they did it. If they committed to three years on him to free up cap space I will be a little nervous.

If it makes cutting or trading him next year easier, Whaley is a genius.

They may actually expect him to help the team win the playoffs with a better defense and kicking game.

We'll pass on a QB in the draft. Taylor will be the same guy next year. We'll be "in the hunt" in November and out of it by December. McDermott will want to win meaningless games, and we'll win enough to not have the ammo to draft a good QB in next years draft. The drought will definitely hit the 20 year mark, and I bet it gets to 25. This is freaking awful. Just awful.

I'll take the same Taylor as last year with gusto. #7 in points? #1 rushing? Oh what torture! As long as Frazier can count to 11 the playoffs are within our grasp.

As for drafting a QB wait till 2018. Don't waste a pick on the collection of overhyped duds this year. We already have a project QB in C.Jones.

Rex Ryan's QB. McDermott already coaching scared. We know this wasn't Doug Whaleys decision.

Wrong:

"We are excited about the opportunity to keep Tyrod with the Bills," said McDermott. "I've gotten a chance to know Tyrod and study him over the past several weeks and he is both a great person and competitor. Doug (Whaley) and I are confident this was best move for the Bills at this time."

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Tyrod-Taylor-back-with-Bills-under-restructured-deal/75f82291-9269-4b70-83de-556c9123c9ab

I'll take the same Taylor as last year with gusto. #7 in points? #1 rushing? Oh what torture! As long as Frazier can count to 11 the playoffs are within our grasp.

As for drafting a QB wait till 2018. Don't waste a pick on the collection of overhyped duds this year. We already have a project QB in C.Jones.

LOL.

There were no other options worth pursuing that would of been much if any improvement over TT.

We still need to draft a QB and keep doing so, but TT is a good QB to keep while looking to find a better option.

I just don't see any FA qb or rookie drafted QB playing any better than TT.. However they most likely still draft one and that QB will get a chance ot show if he ready short term or will need grooming via training camp

Edited by ddaryl

We'll pass on a QB in the draft. Taylor will be the same guy next year. We'll be "in the hunt" in November and out of it by December. McDermott will want to win meaningless games, and we'll win enough to not have the ammo to draft a good QB in next years draft. The drought will definitely hit the 20 year mark, and I bet it gets to 25. This is freaking awful. Just awful.

I agree but I think this could be the first step to set up a trade but if they are stupid enough to go all in on Tyrod they better hope they do great or this new staff and Whaley are dead man walking in 2018. Tyrod is Tyrod so I don't expect any different, last staffs fail equaled a coordinator fired year one, same old Bills I agree I expect the drought hitting 20 sadly, but at least it gets Whaley out of here sadly it's a new coaching staff as well.

Wow. This post is...well, let's just say we couldn't agree less.

You want to skip drafting a QB and are praising Taylor because of our strong rushing game. We truly are a battered fan base.

I'm okay with this as long as we draft a couple QB's in the next two drafts. If we neglect grooming a young QB I could very well seeing it be the beginning of the end for Doug Whaley.

Aren't we doing that with Jones?

Doubt this has anything to do with less money. With Osweilers making $18 mill and Glennon rumored at $15mil TT is a steal at $16mil. I would think it's more about the cap effect

But all along I don't believe this was about cutting a million here or there. This was about the Bills belief that he was THEE guy to lead the Bills into the future. It seems SM and his coaches are sold on him and he trumped DW wanting to move on

This also was a bi product of the Bills realizing that a Romo wasn't avail to them or other options. Bills also probably realized that a QB drafted this year won't play at the level TT would.

Again, The Bills offensive production was at a playoff level last season. It was the defense who fell short.

This confirms this.

Edited by dezertbill

I'm just glad all the speculation can end. I'm hopeful that a new coaching staff and offense can get the most out of Tyrod but I have doubts that he's going to be much better than we've already seen the last 2 years.

I still hope Whaley remains proactive with trying to find a long term solution.

Edited by Bangarang

We will never learn. I could care less about the draft now. Wake me up in three years

Sadly many feel this way, same old Bills, giving raises to other teams backups. Whaley QB purgatory, Fitz2.0

How can you say that without seeing the deal?

I would've been fine with the old deal. I assume that the Bills didn't make things worse for themselves. This IS a lot to assume but today I have hope.

Wow. This post is...well, let's just say we couldn't agree less.

You want to skip drafting a QB and are praising Taylor because of our strong rushing game. We truly are a battered fan base.

I think the obvious point is and has been for a long time, our defense is the reason we had a crappy season and we fired the coaching staff. Those with TT derangement syndrome have never been able to recognize that.

We ran up scores on bad teams, and the offense was a product of McCoy, not Taylor.

Just saw tweets from Shefter

Not sure how Hoyer fits in here, but it looks like we are keeping Taylor on a restructured contract. I think this is the right call. Now draft Mahomes and lets reload for 2017

Yay for us and keeping an average at best QB. I cant wait to see what the numbers are and I still hope that the Bills do draft a QB in the first or 2nd round...Someone that can actually see the whole field and throw receivers open...and dont run when a receiver is wide open in the middle of the field.

Great.

This insures us to pick at #10 in 2018 and finish 7-9.

Too bad to make to make playoffs, too good to get in on Darnold sweepstakes. Typical.

Lets get a kicker that can kick worth **** and a defense with 11 guys on the field, then talk.

Aren't we doing that with Jones?

I guess? I could revise to if we "neglect to successfully groom a young QB".

I like Jones as a project, but I feel like him being a legitimate NFL starter seems more like a pipe dream. If Whaley's back-up plan to Tyrod is simply Cardale Jones then I think we're in big trouble.

I guess? I could revise to if we "neglect to successfully groom a young QB".

I like Jones as a project, but I feel like him being a legitimate NFL starter seems more like a pipe dream. If Whaley's back-up plan to Tyrod is simply Cardale Jones then I think we're in big trouble.

If you are correct on Jones being a pipe dream, and you probably are, It wouldn't surprise me to see them draft a QB this year. And it sounds like Hoyer is the backup plan.

They may actually expect him to help the team win the playoffs with a better defense and kicking game.

And I think he can. In fact, I was ok with just picking up his option. I honestly think he gives us the best chance to win now, and you don't flush away the last year's with high cost free agents by dropping in someone from a dubious QB draft class.

My worry is if we want to move on next year. It would have been pricy next year, but we could have done it. If we lock in, I am worried.

On the other hand, the Rapp report makes me feel better. If his sources are saying that the new coaches wanted him all along but at a lower price tag, then they have a plan of what to do with him.