Report: "Tyrod unwilling to take less to remain with bills"

You know what would be Billsy? Brady stays two more years and Patriots rebuild after faster than Buffalo even though we have had 17 years to find a QB.

Even more, TT goes to Pats, two years later after Brady, TT & BB go on a 10 year run of AFC East dominance

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone's problem was he totally misread the how much teams would hold it against him that he quit. If the Bills had fired him, IMO he'd likely have got hired by another team much faster.

Two years wasn't exactly an eternity. I'd say at this point it has worked out for Marrone.

Even more, TT goes to Pats, two years later after Brady, TT & BB go on a 10 year run of AFC East dominance

If the Patriots can run their offense with TT more power to them. I would like our chances in playing a team that can't throw the ball in the middle of the field and depends on QB runs for critical 1st downs.

Everyone thought after three games Carson Wentz walked on water, then the Eagles came back to Earth. The Rams are probably regretting that trade last year.

It is just as big of a risk on the top two QB prospects this year with teams ahead of us needing QB's. I don't see any other option but to sign the contract and give him a chance to keep improving. Remember he didn't have squat to throw to most of the season. If we take an excellent WR at 10, and possibly sign Floyd in the off season, we'd have a nice crew and can make a better decision on TT.

I think Tyrod would be the hottest QB on the market if we cut him loose. Who else would be: Glennon, Cutler? Tyrod has shown more than both of them recently.

Tyrod's deal is awful, but Cleveland has gobs of cap space and has to know they wouldn't be able to sign him to anything better (if they can at all) if it gets into a multiple team bidding war with him as a UFA.

It all depends on your objective, is it winning a SuperBowl or is it making the playoffs ? And don't give me the you can't get to the SuperBowl without getting to the playoffs crap.

If you want to play in and win a SuperBowl you need a true franchise QB, and TT is not that, nor do I believe he ever will be.

So, the conundrum for the Bills is do you want to get to 10 wins and exit in 1st round of playoffs or do you reach for the brass ring and go after a real franchise QB ?

IMO, you play to win the SuperBowl and any decision short of that goal is not a good one. I think we'd be settling to be the Bengals (with Dalton) or the Bears (with Cutler) or the Dolphins (with Tannehill) --- we'd be better, but we'd still be on the outside looking in come Super Bowl time.

Oh screw it! Let the contract kick in and keep him here. There's no better options for the 2017 season right now, and we can win with him. If this new staff is better than the last one, they'll get more out of him, and with an improved defense, we're going to the playoffs.

I agree. There is no better option.

I do not see the Bills getting Romo, or Brees, or Rivers, or Cousins. I could be wrong, but I'm not optimistic.

Forget the draft, because this year's QB class sucks! There are much better players at other positions we need.

Stay with Tyrod for now, and see what McDermott & Co. can do with him.

Draft a QB in 2018, because there will be better options then.

I get that a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but I don't see any other choices we have.

Your committing to Tyrod for two years! Two years, not friggin 10.

Keep him and draft one and let that guy develop on the bench.

This ridiculously dumb narrative of the thinking that by letting Tyrod go they are automatically going to draft a Super Bowl franchise QB is getting out of hand.

The objective can be both you know?

I'm okay if they actually do that.

I suspect, they won't given the past, i.e. they'll go "all in" on TT and we won't see a true franchise QB for another 5+ years

This ridiculously dumb narrative of the thinking that by letting Tyrod go they are automatically going to draft a Super Bowl franchise QB is getting out of hand.

Yes, yes and yes.

When you trade a player you are hit with a cap penalty equal to the remaining guaranteed money on their deal. So, unless you get him to restructure for little to no guaranteed money (which he would never do), the Bills would not be able to absorb the cap penalty of trading him.

We can trade him on March 9th or 10th with little Cap implications

I tried to tell everyone who thought the Bills had Taylor over a barrel that it wasn't the case. Taylor has a big fat payday waiting in free agency and zero reason to cut the Bills any slack. You wouldn't listen to me.

There is a very narrow window - three days - to pull that off. And it would require multiple suitors to pull off.

Except the Bills are under no obligation until March 12. If he's traded before then, the Bills owe him nothing. We won't have a QB either. :doh:

Trade and get some assets. Tank for Darnold!

Fair, but the front office(Whaley) didn't do him any favors with the receiving options available to him.

And what other better options are you foreclosing? You lost me there. You can keep Tyrod and draft one.... no FA QB is a better option.

I think it is simple. Keep him until you have someone better.

sigh. surely you haven't watched Bills games the last two years if you think it's the receivers. If you think Hogan looked all world with pats, Think of what Brady could do with Woods and Goodwin. OMG Brady would love to have Goodwin's speed to throw bombs every single game. All he's got are slow footed possession type Leprechauns as receivers.

The Jets are not interested in Jay Cutler (as had been rumored), but have their eyes on Tyrod Taylor and/or Mike Glennon:

http://thejetpress.com/2017/01/16/new-york-jets-sights-tyrod-taylor/

And if you READ the article, they think he'd make a terriffic BRIDGE QB for a REBUILD.

And Tyrod takes his new team to the playoffs.

Not gonna happen. Unless it's the 2000 version of the Ravens. Or the 1985 Bears. Smurfs can QB them to SB.

I agree, Taylor is a good bridge if the price is fair with incentives

He's a bridge. We got no other players. Current OC can scheme his offense around TT's talents. Heck if the D can get to be as dominant as the one under Schwartz, and as long as Bills don't fall BEHIND, Bills will be alright and everyone will be singing his praises, overattributing QBs to wins, as always. He's today's version of Trent Dilfer, without the ability to make the throws that Dilfer did but can give you yards running.

Everyone who LOVES TT loves him because he doesn't make mistakes. In other words, TT WON'T lose you games.

Everyone who hates him hates him for this: TT WON'T win you games. There's not a single drop of Joe in him.

The first option, means D and special teams have to go WIN the games. How many superbowl winners in the last 15 years were won by Defense?

If we got the ALL WORLD D, keep him, but at Dilfer price. Pay him more and he'll take the cap room away from that all world D you need to win with him. Unless his passing game can improve, league's defenses will figure out the team's offense built around his legs and one passing skill - the bomb to Watkins. And that's not sustainable.

Edited by CanadianFan

sigh. surely you haven't watched Bills games the last two years if you think it's the receivers. If you think Hogan looked all world with pats, Think of what Brady could do with Woods and Goodwin. OMG Brady would love to have Goodwin's speed to throw bombs every single game. All he's got are slow footed possession type Leprechauns as receivers.

Hold on. You're actually faulting Tyrod for not being Tom Brady?

The greatest quarterback in NFL history? That's your standard? Really????

Good Lord.

I agree, Taylor is a good bridge if the price is fair with incentives

What's the price?

I get the argument but wins cost money.

Ideally you hope to get a regular season win for every $15M in cap space.

I think the difference between a Brian Hoyer and Tyrod is greater than 1 game in the W-L column....and might cause a chain of events resulting in having to pay more for OL play in particular.....so not sure cutting the cost of your bridge QB is even a fiscally responsible decision.

All bridges are not created equal. :flirt:

The only two teams as bad or worse as the Bills at evaluating QBs, Jets and Browns, reportedly interested in TT.

The list of teams that USED TO BE as bad as the Bills at various times over the last 16 years is long.

The Bills organization is a special, enduring kinda' bad.

Hold on. You're actually faulting Tyrod for not being Tom Brady?

The greatest quarterback in NFL history? That's your standard? Really????

Good Lord.

Not to mention, he doesn't seem to realize that Brady has 'slow footed possession type Leprechauns as receivers' by choice.

If the Patriots can run their offense with TT more power to them. I would like our chances in playing a team that can't throw the ball in the middle of the field and depends on QB runs for critical 1st downs.

To be fair, I really didn't see that happening

If the Bills are not planning to pay Taylor then what about trading a conditional pick to Cincy for AJ Mccarron and then draft a QB early. Mccarron will only cost $750k for 2017 and then will be a RFA, I believe.

Does Cincy want to trade Mccarron?

Lot of TT talk on Sirius NFL today - Ross Tucker said that if TT hits FA he'll be the best option out there this year and that he's far better than any QB coming out of college (said they all need a year on the bench). His co-host (not quite sure who that was today) completely agreed...

Interesting that he's such a great option to everyone. But the Bills.

Maybe a grass is always greener thing.

After all the bums the franchise has trotted out over two decades, there is still this delusion that a two time probowler in his first two years as a starter is an easy free agent/draft upgrade opportunity.

Does anyone have any history to suggest the likelihood without pointing out Russell Wilson (who's closer than many will admit including over the middle game) or Tom Brady, because yeah HOF QBs can be drafted late.

Yeah scream Romo- give up the farm and watch him shatter to pieces in week 6, or trade up for this years Geno Smith or Blake Bortles...

I usually don't agree with Scott, but I do.

If the Bills are not planning to pay Taylor then what about trading a conditional pick to Cincy for AJ Mccarron and then draft a QB early. Mccarron will only cost $750k for 2017 and then will be a RFA, I believe.

Why even try? Why do we need a backup QB if we are looking for a starter?

Maybe a grass is always greener thing.

After all the bums the franchise has trotted out over two decades, there is still this delusion that a two time probowler in his first two years as a starter is an easy free agent/draft upgrade opportunity.

Does anyone have any history to suggest the likelihood without pointing out Russell Wilson (who's closer than many will admit including over the middle game) or Tom Brady, because yeah HOF QBs can be drafted late.

Yeah scream Romo- give up the farm and watch him shatter to pieces in week 6, or trade up for this years Geno Smith or Blake Bortles...

And guarantee 2 years at 20 million per to do so... But hey he brought his team to the playoffs 3 seasons ago after they missed 4 years in a row while he was also the QB.