Polian says candidates have reason to be wary of Buffalo

I even cut and pasted it from the first time i answered....and you still screwed this up.

My bad. Your first time you didn't answer at all. The second time I stop reading after your first line that you did say it and used an example that was the opposite. I never even got to the second part. ;)

Have you gotten any PM's for her number yet?

We became great friends and I actually lived in the same house with her when I first moved to LA. It was a wise decision for both of us. ;)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone against the Bills?

Honest question. What does Polian have to gain? He loves this franchise and city.

He hates Whaley. I mean this is a Comey-letter-before-the-elction torpedo job of the Bills and Whaley. Who does this when a team is about to start a HC search? Edited by PromoTheRobot

You are mixing the media's perception and reality, and that is understandable because the media likes to portray its perception as reality.

The point was that Whaley's short answers were not a sign of dysfunction but hitting two birds with one stone. They aren't telling the media anything, and they aren't throwing their former HC under the bus which imo would have been more dysfunctional for the HC search.

I can agree on that. To let Tyrod go without another plan such as trading for Romo or another QB would be ridiculous.

well....that press conference certainly portrayed the perception of dysfunction. he media really didn't have to do much to "portray" that

Honest question. What does Polian have to gain? He loves this franchise and city.

He doesn't have to be right, and being wrong doesn't mean it is malicious. He is just wrong. Again, why is it troubling that the Bills started EJ? It makes perfect sense. Starting Tyrod Week 17 with that injury clause would have been far more troubling.

Thanks!

Bitter old man who got mad when "no" was said to having his son succeed him. That is all.His comments on the starting of EJ instead of tt tells you he's clueless on why it was done. Our oline is much better than he gave them credit for. Anyone can criticize a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in so long. I hope he doesn't come aboard. Folks sound so much smarter when you have nothing on the line for the thoughts. If his ideas don't work, he's not hurting a team, so it's dismissed or forgotten. Go home Bill. Take your wife somewhere and enjoy your old age.

Bitter old man who got mad when "no" was said to having his son succeed him. That is all.His comments on the starting of EJ instead of tt tells you he's clueless on why it was done. Our oline is much better than he gave them credit for. Anyone can criticize a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in so long. I hope he doesn't come aboard. Folks sound so much smarter when you have nothing on the line for the thoughts. If his ideas don't work, he's not hurting a team, so it's dismissed or forgotten. Go home Bill. Take your wife somewhere and enjoy your old age.

Polian on Sirius saying our O-Line was just OK made me almost feel bad for him. He was just looking to hate. Be fair and acknowledge the facts. Give a little credit where it's due.

Polian has been in an odd relationship with Buffalo ever since he left. I think he likes to be thought of as friendly to Buffalo, but I also think that has to do with his desire to get into the HoF.

Polian has been in an odd relationship with Buffalo ever since he left. I think he likes to be thought of as friendly to Buffalo, but I also think that has to do with his desire to get into the HoF.

He's already in the HOF.

This board is reading too much into this nonsense, the majority of which is reported by local guys driving local clicks and being circulated by lazy national guys b/c it's Rex and thus the sexiest of all firings.

There is absolutely nothing scandalous or hard to believe about the story we have been provided. They didn't specifically talk about firing or retaining Rex and were planning to do so after the season. Rex had enough of the fire and demanded some frank speaking from Pegs...Pegs knew he wasn't keeping him and had to level with him and fired him on the spot (I'm sure Rex said something along the lines of "if you know you are going to fire me now, please let me know").

It's VERY easy to believe that story given what I know about all three men...Whaley was sticking to the schedule and process and had not specifically advised on Rex's future (although certainly advised as to why he thought the Bills sucked), Rex pulled a move and said as a man he needed to know if Pegs knew...Pegs as a man listened to Rex and realized he knew and told him it was over.

WHY IS THIS DISFUNCTIONAL? We were terrible this year and it was b/c of the defense. All of this makes absolute perfect sense.

Logic has no place here.

Bill Polian is probably still pissed that his request to make Chris Polian the GM last year was turned down. He is making Whaley's life miserable with factually incorrect reporting. Bill is doing a horrible job. May be Bill had a deal with Rex last year and it failed.

Have a link for this...stuff. Because what I read is that what Bill Polian wanted to do in Buffalo was bring in ex-Charger GM AJ Smith. Chris Polian already has a job as director of player personnel with the Jaguars.

Have a link for this...stuff. Because what I read is that what Bill Polian wanted to do in Buffalo was bring in ex-Charger GM AJ Smith. Chris Polian already has a job as director of player personnel with the Jaguars.

Come on, too much fun to blame the media, Bill Polian, and anyone else who offers an honest critique of the Bills. We would rather grab our poms-poms and convince ourselves it's "next year," we are so close!

You are mixing the two. They were asking about the final decision. We know the way the decision was made. Pegula did not get the chance to talk to Whaley about it during their normal evaluation process. Rex went to Pegula and it unfolded from there. Why are we digging into Whaley having input on this decision? Is it because you think he should? Is that the way the power structure was said to be set up back in 2015?

Q: You said you are the voice of ownership, but you said you were not privy to information about them firing Rex Ryan, I guess I feel it should be information they should share with you for you to come out here?

A: They put out a statement.

Q: What did the statement say that shed any light on the situation?

A: You have it.

Q: Repeatedly saying the owners put out a statement does not answer why you were not privy to ownerships decision. We hear you were shut out of the process, so square that because saying they put out a statement doesn’t answer that?

A: Well that is the way you think. I look at it this way. My boss gave me a directive. He said that we will not be having Rex Ryan as our head coach anymore.

Q: With no explanation to you?

A: I didn’t need any. I am trying to tell you the way I approach my job and it may be wrong to you guys, and you can write how you want. My thinking is when I get a directive from my boss it doesn’t matter how he came up with that directive, I am here to execute the directive.

So Whaley never discussed Rex or the coaching in the conversations leading up to the firing and when informed he didn't even care why? Lol. Right.

Close to ownership?? Yeah maybe like Don Corleone in keep your friends close and your enemies closer!

Sorry I never bought into Polian's take two years ago that he turned down the Bills as it was going to be too much of a big job. My take on it then as still is Pegula and Polian had discussions, some position was agreed to for Bill. Next thing there are reports that Polian is bringing in his son and AJ Smith and he's in charge. Think at that point Terry told him no Bill I just am bringing you in to be an advisor and give your suggestions to us and we'll think about them. So Polian turned the job down and came up with this story. Pegula is too classy of a guy to come out with what really happened.

Fast forward to now and Polian is just another guy in the media with an ax to grind against the Bills and this is his way of doing it.

Now he has Bill Polian (who is close with ownership) going public with this. Wow. Just wow.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

So, Polian, who is supposed to care so much about Buffalo and the Bills, is telling coaches to be careful about coming here? How nice of him

One of the things that is interesting about this is hat Polian is saying all of this so publicly -- even though he is reportedly very close to ownership.

One of the things that is interesting about this is hat Polian is saying all of this so publicly -- even though he is reportedly very close to ownership.

Agree, Pegula's can't be too happy. I'd be pissed if I was the owner