Polian says candidates have reason to be wary of Buffalo

It looks like Doug is failing at three dimensional chess.

He thought that all would be well if he undermined Rex with management so that he would not be blamed and he could keep his job. He is now in charge and made a fool out of himself and embarrassed the franchise and the owners. An Icon of the franchise (who happens to be close to the Pegulas) called him out publicly. What he did not count on is that he would have been better off if he helped to convince ownership to keep Rex. If Rex were still around, he never would have gone through what he went through yesterday, he would not be faced with picking from the runts of the NFL coaching litter, and he would not be embarrassing the franchise around the league. I suspect billionaires do not like being embarrassed by the guy who convinced them all would be better if they would put their eggs in the Doug Whaley basket.

blah blah blah. he's picking the coach and we'll see what happens. this is just extra drama for the sake of drama.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blah blah blah. he's picking the coach and we'll see what happens. this is just extra drama for the sake of drama.

Yeah really. #rd coach in is 4 years. Nothing to see here. Just silly drama. This is how it's done everywhere.

And your answer to that specific question, what if Doug never said a word to him, was what, if Whaley said keep him, Terry would have.

Where is DC Tom?

My answer was:

If they "never ever spoke ever", Pegula would stick with his plan he trumpeted to the masses in October: "good times or bad, you don't fire your HC" two years in, for..."continuity", you know.

Whaley will be gone by next year at this time. That's my prediction.

This is not a roster full of talent and could easily be about to lose a top CB, S, QB, and DT

Pegula made a big mistake not canning Whaley along with Rex and starting fresh.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Tyrod is okay, which is better than we've had in forever.

He's a 50/50 keep/cut case already.

One thing he does control is whether he allows his agent to reneogiate and take a pay cut.

FIFY

Tyrod is still too young to care about $ himself. Just wants to win and build his reputation. It's his agent's job to be sure he isn't taken advantage of given this motivation.

All Bills fans - TT supporters of his play on the field or not - should be happy we have this professional, highly talented young man trying with all his heart to win - for us and his teammates.

That he was upset about not playing against the Jets is 100 % to do with that desire - not $.

Edited by moshermw

Yeah really. #rd coach in is 4 years. Nothing to see here. Just silly drama. This is how it's done everywhere.

My answer was:

If they "never ever spoke ever", Pegula would stick with his plan he trumpeted to the masses in October: "good times or bad, you don't fire your HC" two years in, for..."continuity", you know.

A. You didn't say that. And B. That is not remotely true and totally disingenuous. Terry would have fired him like 95% of the Bills fans and football world knew and thought he would. He was an epic public fail.

And your answer to that specific question, what if Doug never said a word to him, was what, if Whaley said keep him, Terry would have.

Where is DC Tom?

My answer was:

[This is an automated response.]

You're both idiots.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.4.

Yeah, the agent works for Tyrod.

Is that news?

My point is that the agent will do what is in the best interests of Tyrod.

FIFY

TT probably doesn't now exactly what that is - strategically. He can still be easily taken advantage of because he's still building his rep on the field and wants to be a starter to prove that.

Edited by moshermw

I'm reading to you what he said in response to simple and predictable questions that any competent GM could have predicted and handled without botching things so badly.

Their 2 fairly recent SB rings argue against the same type of dysfunction the Bills are muddling through...again.

Whaley should walk the plank. His failure to find a QB and HC are enough to let him go.

Doesn't that look worse for a franchise to lie about a two time SB winning coach, who then refused to shake the owner's hand?

I'd say that sends a worse image than a gm who doesn't want to talk to the local press

Yeah, Whaley undermined Rex all year long:

Shaq Lawson

Reggie Ragland

Adolphus Washington

Kevon Seymour

Zach Brown

Leger Douzable

Deandre Coleman

Lorenzo Alexander

Brandon Spikes

Ramon Humber (ex - Saints)

Robert Blanton (total failure this year)

Last year

IK Enemkpali

Honorable mention

Ross Cockrell (starting CB with the Steelers)

Whaley, such a POS.

you forgot he brought back Percy too :lol:

[This is an automated response.]

You're both idiots.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.4.

I agree I am an idiot for getting into any discussion with an obvious idiot.

I once broke up with a great, hot, sexy, sex-crazed girl when she said, "Never fall in love with someone crazier than you" and we both thought that meant us. ;)

I did. If Whaley said keep him he would be there.

My answer was:

A. You didn't say that. And B. That is not remotely true and totally disingenuous. Terry would have fired him like 95% of the Bills fans and football world knew and thought he would. He was an epic public fail.

I even cut and pasted it from the first time i answered....and you still screwed this up.

Tyrod is a smart man. He will start somewhere in this league.

He is getting paid either way.

For the most part I think this is very true, depending on anyone's various definition of "getting paid." It's an impossible job. There are only less than 15 people in the world who can do it at any given time. Tyrod can do it to some degree, and more so than the bottom 20-50% of the league. So he will get paid.

No! Gar better for the GM to portray himself as a guy distancing himself from decisions (or not even privy to basic GM functions/decision making processes!

Because that press conference and the fallout is exactly what any top candidate is going to look for in is next GM!

Did you really just ask me that?

You are mixing the media's perception and reality, and that is understandable because the media likes to portray its perception as reality.

The point was that Whaley's short answers were not a sign of dysfunction but hitting two birds with one stone. They aren't telling the media anything, and they aren't throwing their former HC under the bus which imo would have been more dysfunctional for the HC search.

I'm not a huge Tyrod fan but if we let him go who plays QB next season?

Just look at how awful EJ and Cardelle were. It gets a lot worse.

That doesn't mean they can't do better but it's no given.

I can agree on that. To let Tyrod go without another plan such as trading for Romo or another QB would be ridiculous.

Edited by What a Tuel

I agree I am an idiot for getting into any discussion with an obvious idiot.

I once broke up with a great, hot, sexy, sex-crazed girl when she said, "Never fall in love with someone crazier than you" and we both thought that meant us. ;)

Have you gotten any PM's for her number yet?