Polian says candidates have reason to be wary of Buffalo

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he was right in what he said, he was wrong to say it publicly.

Disloyal to raise concerns and hurt the Bills reputation in the middle of a coaching search.

Disloyal to all us fans.

Maybe . . . just maybe the Pegulas tacitly approved of this as one step to distance themselves from the guy who convinced them to put all of their eggs in the Doug Whaley basket and has embarrassed them.

who are the "a-list" candidates? Mcdaniels and Patricia? Neither are likely to want to coach in the division of the Pats.

Anyone not beholden to Whaley or has other better choices.

As for the Pats guys, I presume that Bill B is counseling not to take that job in the interest of their future careers given how things have gone.

Maybe . . . just maybe the Pegulas tacitly approved of this as one step to distance themselves from the guy who convinced them to put all of their eggs in the Doug Whaley basket and has embarrassed them.

As for the Pats guys, I presume that Bill B is counseling not to take that job in the interest of their future careers given how things have gone.

who are they?

Cmon, they are doing an interview today. That tells you all you need to know about what they think about Whaley. There minds haven't changed

If they didn't like him, why let him continue with the coaching search? Why not bring in Polian, hire a new GM?

These theories are getting more and more ridiculous.

who are they?

Who are A-list candidates?

I presume that the people considered to be A-list candidates around the league are:

Harbaugh (presumably staying at Michigan)

Peyton (who knows what is going to happen to him and whether the rumors of a possible trade are true)

McDaniels

Patricia

Shanahan

Plus two guys mentioned each year:

Cowher

Gruden

Edited by Peter

Polian: all HC candidates need to very wary about the Bills opening. It's so rife with potential pitfalls, I'd like to recommend my good friend, Frank Reich, for the job.

Ha, nice

I presumed that the people considered to be A-list candidates around the league are:

Peyton (who knows what is going to happen to him and whether the rumors of a possible trade are true)

McDaniels

Patricia

Shanahan

Cowher

Gruden

C'mon...you're smarter than this

Ha, nice

C'mon...you're smarter than this

I think he's just saying they're always mentioned; not that he thinks they're actual candidates.

I'd also put Coughlin in the A-list category.

I think he's just saying they're always mentioned; not that he thinks they're actual candidates.

I'd also put Coughlin in the A-list category.

A list huh? Is that why only the Jaguars have interviewed him and he's not on any other team's radar?

I presume that the people considered to be A-list candidates around the league are:

McDaniels

Patricia

Shanahan

Cowher

Gruden

Out of the 7 listed. 2 have repeatedly said they're not interested in coaching again. 2 more are currently employed and not certain to be going anywhere. McDaniels, although probably a sound choice, failed miserably in Denver.

Out of the 7 listed. 2 have repeatedly said they're not interested in coaching again. 2 more are currently employed and not certain to be going anywhere. McDaniels, although probably a sound choice, failed miserably in Denver.

Jim Harbaugh? :) :) :)

So you guys are saying that these guys are not considered (or would be considered) the top candidates.

Ok, fine.

If they were candidates, they would be considered top candidates. But as of now, they aren't.

Yup.

Candidate, usually indicates that they will be or have been for an interview. Harbaugh is not going for any interviews. Peyton is not going for any interviews. Gruden is not going for any interviews. Cowher is not going for any interviews. They aren't candidates.