Polian says candidates have reason to be wary of Buffalo

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, Pegula's can't be too happy. I'd be pissed if I was the owner

I suspect that NFL owners do not like being embarrassed and that these owners do not like being embarrassed by the guy who convinced them to put all of their eggs in the Doug Whaley basket.

On ESPN Radio Polian said the the Bills head coaching opening is the least appealing. He reasoned that we either have a QB problem if Taylor is released or a QB with too large of a salary if he is kept. He also said that several of our defensive players only fit one scheme. I apologize if this was stated earlier, but I don't have time to read all 9 pages of this forum.

On ESPN Radio Polian said the the Bills head coaching opening is the least appealing. He reasoned that we either have a QB problem if Taylor is released or a QB with too large of a salary if he is kept. He also said that several of our defensive players only fit one scheme. I apologize if this was stated earlier, but I don't have time to read all 9 pages of this forum.

The old man has gone senile.

too large of a salary? Does he know what it is because it's 20th in the league.

Great point brought up on Mike and Mike this morning:

Chip Kelly took the SF job with a lame duck GM. With a new GM likely comes a new coach, which is why Kelly got canned after a year.

Whaley is clearly hanging on by a thread. Any coach who comes to Buffalo would be a dead man walking.

This is looking more and more like a tank season coming up.

It might be exactly what we need.

Chip Kelly took the SF job with a lame duck GM. With a new GM likely comes a new coach, which is why Kelly got canned after a year.

Whaley is clearly hanging on by a thread. Any coach who comes to Buffalo would be a dead man walking.

The phrase every Bills and Sabres fan loves...let's keep losing every year because we may finally win....I'm so tired of hearing about tanking....How about winning?

The phrase every Bills and Sabres fan loves...let's keep losing every year because we may finally win....I'm so tired of hearing about tanking....How about winning?

They've tried winning. They peaked at 9.

If you look at average he is about 20th, but I doubt looking just at 2017 that 27.5 for that single season is 20th.

Or, Polian thinks that TT is overpaid even at 20th.

That is not his salary - it's the gtd money on the entire contract (I think it's actually a touch over 30 mill). Two different things and neither is considered high for a starting QB. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'd love to.

Too bad the schmucks calling the shots at OBD don't have a clue how to get this done.

Hence a tank may be exactly what they need to clean house and get some qualified football people in here.

How? we're already picking 10....you really want to see another 2-14 season? What would that get us?

But this doesn't make much sense because if the coach is good and successful, then Whaley will stay as will the coach.

A coach who knows he sucks won't come here. Is that bad?

If you look at average he is about 20th, but I doubt looking just at 2017 that 27.5 for that single season is 20th.

Or, Polian thinks that TT is overpaid even at 20th.

Polian is old school. Only #tallwhitequarterbacks are worthy of Top 20 contracts, regardless of results.

But this doesn't make much sense because if the coach is good and successful, then Whaley will stay as will the coach.

A coach who knows he sucks won't come here. Is that bad?

Polian is old school. Only #tallwhitequarterbacks are worthy of Top 20 contracts, regardless of results.

I think the key, here, is that Whaley appears to have one foot out the door.

A new coach and a (presumably) new QB, historically, means no playoffs. I think it's safe to say that if the Bills miss the playoffs again, Whaley's done.