Time to see what Cardale can do?

CSBill

Should the Bills offence look like it has looked, and the even worse Defense continues to show it can't carry the team either ...... Provided he is fully healthy, is it time to throw Cardale Jones out there for the rest of the season to see what the Bills have in him (after 0-5, 0-6) ?????

Reasoning: If the record is going to put us in the top five of the draft, there will be tremendous pressure to draft a QB higher than unidentified QB should be drafted. If Cardale proves capable, it would take that pressure off.

Thoughts?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no reason to. Give Tyrod all season to play. They have to know beyond a reasonable doubt whether to cut him this offseason or not. Huge money is at stake next year for him and so far, hes flatlined. We dont need a 25 million dollar placeholder while we look for another QB.

Theres no reason to. Give Tyrod all season to play. They have to know beyond a reasonable doubt whether to cut him this offseason or not. Huge money is at stake next year for him and so far, hes flatlined. We dont need a 25 million dollar placeholder while we look for another QB.

Good point and a very important consideration to the team moving forward. They need to have a definitive answer on Tyrod.

If they think that there is any chance that Jones could develop into a good NFL QB, then they should not play him this year.- he isn't ready and that could destroy his confidence.

They need to see if he can be the answer, which will dictate whether they let TT walk and/or draft a QB early next year.

If the Pats can play Edelman at QB, why can't we put Cardale in there?

Oh, because Edelman will look better than Cardale.....

No it's because they apparently can plug any QB into their system and still win.

At this juncture, right now as it sits, I don't not think the Bills are going to give TT the $$$. He would need to be so good over the remaining 14 games for them to even consider it IMO. Him being the elite of the elite isn't going to come close to happening so if they go 0-4 why not a new direction.

At this juncture, right now as it sits, I don't not think the Bills are going to give TT the $$$. He would need to be so good over the remaining 14 games for them to even consider it IMO. Him being the elite of the elite isn't going to come close to happening so if they go 0-4 why not a new direction.

Because Dareus comes back after game 4. With Dareus playing against the Jets, they likely win.

If they put Cardale in there it won't be a "new direction". It'll be the same direction with a steeper downward slope.

There are two options to make the Bills better on this board.

1. Find a new QB after 2 games.

2. Fire a coach or front office suit.

Although I am entering into the fire Rex camp, can we let a QB who has shown some signs of brilliance try to develop?

I'd like to see McCoy be McCoy.

McCoy certainly has skated on being incredibly pedestrian.

Edited by taterthegator

I miss the days before the Internet when I was blind to how many idiots masquerade as Bills fans. Tyrod Taylor made the Pro Bowl last year and after 2 games you are willing to cast him off in favor of a QB who never played in a regular season game and only played vs backups in pre season. I understand someone will counter with Taylor was a Pro Bowl Alternate. Nevertheless he is the first Bills QB to be selected to the Pro Bowl this century. You would think he would be given more than 2 games.

There are two options to make the Bills better on this board.

1. Find a new QB after 2 games.

2. Fire a coach or front office suit.

Although I am entering into the fire Rex camp, can we let a QB who has shown some signs of brilliance try to develop?

I'd like to see McCoy be McCoy.

McCoy certainly has skated on being incredibly pedestrian.

31 carries through 2 games for 117 yards ? Needs more carries, might happen once we can extend drives with a real Qb.

Yes put in Cardale or Ej. Converting 3rd and short will be nice.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I miss the days before the Internet when I was blind to how many idiots masquerade as Bills fans. Tyrod Taylor made the Pro Bowl last year and after 2 games you are willing to cast him off in favor of a QB who never played in a regular season game and only played vs backups in pre season. I understand someone will counter with Taylor was a Pro Bowl Alternate. Nevertheless he is the first Bills QB to be selected to the Pro Bowl this century. You would think he would be given more than 2 games.

He's been given more than 2 games. I have yet to see a game winning 4th quarter drive and/or an efficient 2 minute offense. That may not be his fault but we will see soon.

Should the Bills offence look like it has looked, and the even worse Defense continues to show it can't carry the team either ...... Provided he is fully healthy, is it time to throw Cardale Jones out there for the rest of the season to see what the Bills have in him (after 0-5, 0-6) ?????

Reasoning: If the record is going to put us in the top five of the draft, there will be tremendous pressure to draft a QB higher than unidentified QB should be drafted. If Cardale proves capable, it would take that pressure off.

Thoughts?

No. They saw him play in preseason. It was quite obvious that Cardale is not anywhere close to being ready to start for any NFL team. Plus, like other people said here, you have to see as much Tyrod as you can before you make the decision to part ways with him or not.

I love this post.

He's been given more than 2 games. I have yet to see a game winning 4th quarter drive and/or an efficient 2 minute offense. That may not be his fault but we will see soon.

Yes he has been given more than 2 games.. During that time he has shown enough to be selected to the pro bowl which no other Bills QB has done since 1999. But you know better than those making the selection. I am beginning to think many on the Anti Tyrod camp would always be in the Anti Tyrod camp regardless of what he stats or wins he puts up.. Not saying this is you but just an observation based upon some of the stuff I am reading on other threads that is not football related.

Thoughts?

He won't play after a couple of games, but I'd love for him to play after 5 or 6 and this thing has blossomed into a full blown tire fire.

Cardale would help the tank immensely.

We are already playing for a draft pick this year; soon enough everyone will realize this.

If they think that there is any chance that Jones could develop into a good NFL QB, then they should not play him this year.- he isn't ready and that could destroy his confidence.

Actually, I think Cardale's confidence is bullet-proof - def. a strong point and valuable commodity for an NFL QB.

Actually, I think Cardale's confidence is bullet-proof - def. a strong point and valuable commodity for an NFL QB.

Yeah, I think the "Playing early on a bad team will shatter his confidence" argument is nonsense. Almost any QB picked in the top 3 is going to start right away for a bad team. If that's going to destroy a guy, then he probably was never going to be any good anyway.

And Cardale didn't look bad at all in preseason. He had one very good game, one mediocre one, and one not so good, all playing behind the second and third team O-line and throwing to now-unemployed receivers. If this team is 2-6 at the bye, I would run him out there.

This is Tyrod's opportunity to show the football world just what he has got to offer. And given the way his contract situation is structured that is simply the way it has got to be in the best interests of theteam andthe player.

I can't foresee starting Cardaleunless things go so far south that its apparent Tyrod is not the answer. If that happens it would be late in the season and after the Bills have been eliminated from the post season.

However if that is where we wind up (or in the event Tyrod goes down) I would seriously consider starting Cardale (ahead of EJ). I don't think getting some live reps is going to destroy his confidence. He looks to be a very confident young man. Dak Prescott is doing quite well thank you, as is Carson Wentz. And especially if Tyrod craps out the onus will be on the Bills to start finding out fast exactly what they have in Cardale. Frankly, so far this year he is the only one of the three who looks anything like an NFL quarterback.

Is Tyrod Taylor NFL ready?

This is why we can't have nice things (or don't deserve nice things, or something banal like that). Seriously, we constantly whine for this QB who will save us, but when a QB comes along who in his first season's worth of games has 23 tds, 7 ints, and nearly 600 rushing yards, we're ready to throw him to the curb for the next thing b/c of two games -- one of which wasn't all that terrible and included two accurately thrown scores of over 70 yards.

Edited by thurst44

FEAR. -Fear the risk won't pay off.... Fear that he'll outperform the veteran backup, they've pinned their hopes to... Fear that his natural instincts may be better that Dave Lee's PATHETIC instruction...

Fear they'll be exposed as idiots for not starting him sooner..

Soon the decision may be taken from them.

Edited by #34fan

I think you have to give Tyrod the entire year. If a change at QB is absolutely necessary then put in Cardale. I never want to see EJ start another game for this team. We already know there is no upside with him.

Edited by Bangarang