Time to see what Cardale can do?

CSBill

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think the "Playing early on a bad team will shatter his confidence" argument is nonsense. Almost any QB picked in the top 3 is going to start right away for a bad team. If that's going to destroy a guy, then he probably was never going to be any good anyway.

And Cardale didn't look bad at all in preseason. He had one very good game, one mediocre one, and one not so good, all playing behind the second and third team O-line and throwing to now-unemployed receivers. If this team is 2-6 at the bye, I would run him out there.

But then dump Tyrod at years end? Or pay him $27 million next year?

Thats the options based on his current contract (although Im not real familiar with what he needs to hit as far as incentives).

I say play Tyrod all year no matter the record. If he gets hurt, then you have to decide on EJ or Jones.

If Tyrod continues on his current path, I cant see paying him elite money next year. If he shows promise, we pay him the big money his contract warrents and head into next year with our QBs as Tyrod, Jones, and ???

Thats the options based on his current contract (although Im not real familiar with what he needs to hit as far as incentives).

I say play Tyrod all year no matter the record. If he gets hurt, then you have to decide on EJ or Jones.

If Tyrod continues on his current path, I cant see paying him elite money next year. If he shows promise, we pay him the big money his contract warrents and head into next year with our QBs as Tyrod, Jones, and ???

Decide on EJ like that ship hasnt already sailed and is scheduled to shortly dock at its destination. While we are tossing our all pro QB to the trash heap after 2 games why not are we not giving the same "love" to Richie Incognito. We paid the guy and our running game has been trash through 2 weeks and our pass blocking week 1 was atrocious. It approved week 2 and oh my Tyrod throws 3 long TD's and puts up 297 yds passin and 24 points. But Tyrod haters dismiss this cause they werent 90 yd drives but quick strikes...

Decide on EJ like that ship hasnt already sailed and is scheduled to shortly dock at its destination. While we are tossing our all pro QB to the trash heap after 2 games why not are we not giving the same "love" to Richie Incognito. We paid the guy and our running game has been trash through 2 weeks and our pass blocking week 1 was atrocious. It approved week 2 and oh my Tyrod throws 3 long TD's and puts up 297 yds passin and 24 points. But Tyrod haters dismiss this cause they werent 90 yd drives but quick strikes...

Not 2 games, 16 games. Thats why he has to play the full season and not Jones.

Once the season is officially a disaster we could put Cardale in there.

We're not there yet (although we're full speed ahead in that direction).

Here it is folks! -The BLUEPRINT for ruining a young QB's opportunity to develop... Attach him to a losing effort with the explicit promise that NOTHING he does matters at this point... MIRE him in the stench of a failed season so he can carry that demoralization into the next year... Nothing against the OP... It's a common, but completely bass-ackwards sentiment...

What the *&%$ is so wrong with letting him fail? An 0-2 QB owns the most lucrative contract in the game right now!... Why not introduce Cardale to the notion that his performance MATTERS absolutely... That he CANNOT take this lightly... While your'e at it, instruct our O-line to protect the rookie, or get replaced... Bring the offense in closer with the run game, screens, and comeback routes, so that #7 can move the chains easier.. This way he can build the confidence to take greater risks going forward?

IF Tyrod soils the sheets tomorrow afternoon... Cardale should be IN next week @NE... Not EJ... If you're going to get rookie errors, why not just start your rookie?

Here it is folks! -The BLUEPRINT for ruining a young QB's opportunity to develop... Attach him to a losing effort with the explicit promise that NOTHING he does matters at this point... MIRE him in the stench of a failed season so he can carry that demoralization into the next year... Nothing against the OP... It's a common, but completely bass-ackwards sentiment...

What the *&%$ is so wrong with letting him fail? An 0-2 QB owns the most lucrative contract in the game right now!... Why not introduce Cardale to the notion that his performance MATTERS absolutely... That he CANNOT take this lightly... While your'e at it, instruct our O-line to protect the rookie, or get replaced... Bring the offense in closer with the run game, screens, and comeback routes, so that #7 can move the chains easier.. This way he can build the confidence to take greater risks going forward?

IF Tyrod soils the sheets tomorrow afternoon... Cardale should be IN next week @NE... Not EJ... If you're going to get rookie errors, why not just start your rookie?

What does our All Pro QB need to do in order to not "soil" the sheets cause 24 pts, 3 Td's and nearly 300 yards obviously is not enough?

What does our All Pro QB need to do in order to not "soil" the sheets cause 24 pts, 3 Td's and nearly 300 yards obviously is not enough?

Good sir, I see that you are a fantasy football fan. Because, stats are about as deceiving as can be. Those yards and points were achieved from broken plays, long bombs and garbage time. Those are beautiful things, but the Bills need TOP and that was where they were doubled-up on by the Jets. The intermediate and OVER THE MIDDLE throws were MIA. Tyrod is a great guy, a superior athlete and can get the job done with his legs and mobility. However, he looked severely regressed as a QB and that's what the NFL needs in this day and age.

I'm not ready to dump TT yet. I think we need to see what happens over the next 6-8 games before we talk about running CJ out there. As it stands now, though, I don't see any way the Bills exercise the option on him, but that will likely be up to the next GM to decide.

Or 0-2, and lost to Bradford, cousins, smith and the pu pu platter of qb's.

Nice pro bowl btw, did he set the record for Int's ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Not hold onto the ball like it's a newborn infant, for starters... But hey, let's watch the game tomorrow... There's a chance, that under a new coordinator, Tight-wad may do different things... I'm open to being fair.

2 games.....just listen to yourselves....TWO GAMES

I, like many, hold out hope. As a Bills fan, that's all we are ever given. Hope that the next game, next season, next decade will provide us with the team we deserve. The chicken little gang is frustrating, but I can understand their perspective. The optimists, beautiful souls that they are, are tough to side with. Realists are only realists based on perspective. Because this is a message board, the pessimists and chicken littles will always take over and the "realists" are quickly dropping into their world this season. Fingers crossed, horseshoes hung, chin up that the Bills can shock the NFL and show up tomorrow with a fantastic turnaround and beat the vaunted Cardinals.

I, like many, hold out hope. As a Bills fan, that's all we are ever given. Hope that the next game, next season, next decade will provide us with the team we deserve. The chicken little gang is frustrating, but I can understand their perspective. The optimists, beautiful souls that they are, are tough to side with. Realists are only realists based on perspective. Because this is a message board, the pessimists and chicken littles will always take over and the "realists" are quickly dropping into their world this season. Fingers crossed, horseshoes hung, chin up that the Bills can shock the NFL and show up tomorrow with a fantastic turnaround and beat the vaunted Cardinals.

A lot of the folks that are falling in line with a complete blow up have in their minds a fresh young 1st round draft pick QB under their christmas tree this year

That QB does not exist out of this crop that is what they fail to understand.

This is why we have to give Tyrod this year to see exactly what he is......there is a lot of rearranging of facts from last year in hopes of swaying people to their opinion THIS year.

- Tyrod Taylor was not a bad qb last year......far from it.....anyone who thinks that is not watching the other 32 NFL teams that dont have a top 5 QB

- This year Tyrod has done some VERY uncharactor things that we did not see last year.......his accuracy is off.....he seems to be reluctant to take off with the ball......its like like HE or SOMEONE ELSE is trying to prove this point that he is a pocket passer......TYROD TAYLOR HAS NEVER BEEN A PURE POCKET PASSER.......so why have game plans been designed to make him one?

- Here is what I see......Tyrod gets tot he LOS (late I might add.....almost every single friggen time).....he drops back....(I am counting in my head the seconds) the OL is doing a good job holding up most of the time......then he throws.....late.....and in in my mind it shoudl be....(one potato.....two potato.....GOOOOO)

Tyrod Taylor is the fastest QB in the league....an extra weapon on the field.....people are upset because they consider them sandlot plays......no...they are plays that defense CANNOT DEFEND AGAINST.....Tyrod can throw on the run....he can take it himself......

I dont care about having a pocket passer QB...i care about having a play maker

One more note...Card Jones should NOT be brought in this year....your gonna friggen ruin him because the kid is too raw.......let him sit the year....give him a legit chance to start next year in a competition.

Good sir, I see that you are a fantasy football fan. Because, stats are about as deceiving as can be. Those yards and points were achieved from broken plays, long bombs and garbage time. Those are beautiful things, but the Bills need TOP and that was where they were doubled-up on by the Jets. The intermediate and OVER THE MIDDLE throws were MIA. Tyrod is a great guy, a superior athlete and can get the job done with his legs and mobility. However, he looked severely regressed as a QB and that's what the NFL needs in this day and age.

Broken plays count too sir. Did we forget that Tyrod asset that we were sold on was the ability to extend plays with his feet and make plays these extended plays are the broken ones. Go right on hatin though Mr "Fan"

Broken plays count too sir. Did we forget that Tyrod asset that we were sold on was the ability to extend plays with his feet and make plays these extended plays are the broken ones. Go right on hatin though Mr "Fan"

Extending broken plays into punts shouldn't go to his credit... TT has ALOT to prove tomorrow.

Edited by #34fan

Should the Bills offence look like it has looked, and the even worse Defense continues to show it can't carry the team either ...... Provided he is fully healthy, is it time to throw Cardale Jones out there for the rest of the season to see what the Bills have in him (after 0-5, 0-6) ?????

Reasoning: If the record is going to put us in the top five of the draft, there will be tremendous pressure to draft a QB higher than unidentified QB should be drafted. If Cardale proves capable, it would take that pressure off.

Thoughts?

Is this a real question or are you trolling?

1. Taylor has just 16 games on his resume.

2. Taylor made the Pro Bowl last year.

3. They just gave Taylor a new contract, it 100% his team this year to prove himself considering the contract has favorable outs if he doesn't improve.

4. Cardale is NOT ready to play in the NFL.

5. Cardale is NOT ready to even play in college as a starter, hence why he lost his starting job.

6. EJ > Cardale by light years right now, and thats not an endorsement of EJ, thats how far away Cardale is. He is a project with upside, not an NFL ready QB.

7. This staff wants to win at all costs, they are NOT going to throw away the season this early.

8. This staff, FO, and Owners want to see if Taylor can continue to progress and they will give him time.

9. The change at OC is literally going to buy everyone more time as they will be assumed they need to adjust.

I mean I can go on and on and on about how unplausible this idea is. I can't imagine anyone would actually think this is a good idea, let alone plausible. Cardale is more likely to get cut then to start a game this year, and he is NOT going to get cut.

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 games.....just listen to yourselves....TWO GAMES

Sun night you can say 3 then the week after you can say 4. Hope we win a game by week 8 or you're gonna have to give it up.

2 Games ! Now we have 12% chance of playoffs because Tyrod pooped on himself in Baltimore.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Sun night you can say 3 then the week after you can say 4. Hope we win a game by week 8 or you're gonna have to give it up.

2 Games ! Now we have 12% chance of playoffs because Tyrod pooped on himself in Baltimore.

So a QB has one bad game and his career is over? I have seen all the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL have atrocious games and many bad games to boot. And it was Taylors 15th game as a starter. Yet you cry for the same EJ you loathed last year when he was atrocious against one of the worst teams in football during his 0-2 stint as a starter. You literally make no sense when you talk about the QB position lately.

Edited by Alphadawg7

3. They just gave Taylor a new contract, it 100% his team this year to prove himself considering the contract has favorable outs if he doesn't improve.

5. Cardale is NOT ready to even play in college as a starter, hence why he lost his starting job.

6. EJ > Cardale by light years right now, and thats not an endorsement of EJ, thats how far away Cardale is. He is a project with upside, not an NFL ready QB.

7. This staff wants to win at all costs, they are NOT going to throw away the season this early.

8. This staff, FO, and Owners want to see if Taylor can continue to progress and they will give him time.

9. The change at OC is literally going to buy everyone more time as they will be assumed they need to adjust.

I mean I can go on and on and on about how unplausible this idea is. I can't imagine anyone would actually think this is a good idea, let alone plausible. Cardale is more likely to get cut then to start a game this year, and he is NOT going to get cut.

A snapshot of what sanity looks like ^

So a QB has one bad game and his career is over? I have seen all the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL have atrocious games and many bad games to boot. And it was Taylors 15th game as a starter. Yet you cry for the same EJ you loathed last year when he was atrocious against one of the worst teams in football during his 0-2 stint as a starter. You literally make no sense when you talk about the QB position lately.

My eyes work. They see a qb who can't complete simple passes to move the chains.

Watching Mccown move the ball with ease showed me who TT is.

Not good enough. Same guy I watched who was awesome at VT but lacked great pocket passing.

All depends how bad Tyrod and the offense looks. Doesn't help that Cardale has been dealing with a shoulder injury. If the season is over by week 10 and Tyrod hasn't improved, I'd be all for getting Cardale some experience and see how he does. We already know what we have with EJ.

He's been given more than 2 games. I have yet to see a game winning 4th quarter drive and/or an efficient 2 minute offense. That may not be his fault but we will see soon.

It's not his fault. He deserves more than a few games as a starter before being introduced to the wheels of the bus.

You're rooting against the Bills' success. Good job! :thumbsup:

You obviously missed it big time. I have never rooted for anything but success. The base of my statement is that I wish the ownership to see that the D Guru is not a guru at all but a blow hard.

Edit: Looking back at my original statement, you had the right to think I was saying this. Not what I meant but sure looks like it to me. Want us to win out...but with offense being the strong key. I am not nor was I the Rex Ryan sucks spokesperson here. That said I don't want him to be the coach of the Bills any more. Look at my Quote below and that should prove this statement to be correct.

Edited by fansince88

bla bla bla qb sucks bla bla bla

Isnt McCown hurt?

Bla bla bla yourself. 0-2 and doom ahead.

Did you watch him in college like I did ? I look forward to your Sunday afternoon excuse train.

Throw my boy Cardale in. Let's throw it OVER THE MIDDLE.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

So 16 regular season games is not enough to make a judgment about Tyrod, but 0 games is plenty to determine that Cardale would be worse? Got it. (PS, I do think Tyrod deserves more time, but the signs are not good--missing open throws, failing to go through his progressions, abandoning clean pockets, etc,) Edited by mannc

So 16 regular season games is not enough to make a judgment about Tyrod, but 0 games is plenty to determine that Cardale would be worse? Got it. (PS, I do think Tyrod deserves more time, but the signs are not good--missing open throws, failing to go through his progressions, abandoning clean pockets, etc,)

Gotta get that next bright shiny toy on the field.....blow it up!

and rinse and repeat

and rinse and repeat

and rinse and repeat

Did you read the part in parenthesis?

Yes I did....your all over the place in your post.

Your beef ain't with me Jack. I'm not the guy pooping his pants on Sunday

88% chance no playoffs. Troll that.

If Tyrod is pooping his pants......so so are about 20 some odd starting qbs in the league

That is your problem Ryan....your so focused on Taylor that your not taking a look at QB play as a whole in the NFL

Is Tyrod Taylor NFL ready?

That's what this season is most valuable for telling us. There is a $40 million decision the Bills have to make after it is over. The next 14 games will tell them everything they need to know about TT. Cardale is cheap and has many years left on his deal. Too soon and unnecessary to throw him to the wolves.

Your beef ain't with me Jack. I'm not the guy pooping his pants on Sunday

88% chance no playoffs. Troll that.

That may indicate what other teams have done from 0-2 in the past. I would argue that in the truly random statistical world the Bills chances of winning the next 14 games are no different than they were on opening day. The odds of finishing with ten wins have nothing to do with teams from prior years' results.

That is your problem Ryan....your so focused on Taylor that your not taking a look at QB play as a whole in the NFL

I don't have a problem. I was hopeful but that ended after week 1. I take these L's in stride now.

Okay so he's the 25th best qb on these random power rankings. Is that good ? Bills rank 30th in offense, let's party !

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2016-nfl-qb-power-rankings-week-3-jacoby-brissett-aaron-rodgers-cam-newton-drew-brees-092316

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I don't have a problem. I was hopeful but that ended after week 1. I take these L's in stride now.

Okay so he's the 25th best qb on these random power rankings. Is that good ? Bills rank 30th in offense, let's party !

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2016-nfl-qb-power-rankings-week-3-jacoby-brissett-aaron-rodgers-cam-newton-drew-brees-092316

You answered your own question htere

THe bills OFFENSE is ranked 30th.....what do you think that TT's numbers would be if the offense as a whole was playing better?

THink about it for a minute