What's On The Menu?

Augie

Alright, I rarely get to games in person, and it's been many years since I've made an opener. It's a huge celebration after a long offseason and a very special day. I've got my nacho makings, but am trying to come up with the right stuff to round out the menu. The food and drink go hand in hand with the game for me. I think it's nerves... My son just moved to town (and started his first real post-college job last week) and we want to do this right.

What do you have in mind? Any favorites or traditions for game day? I've got a few things in mind, but curious what others think.

not sure if you are in buffalo , but if you are the obvious is pizza, and any will do.. also a wegmans sub cut up works. people in buffalo take for granted what great food there is.. trust me .. living in the philly area, food is very pedestrian.

Edited by dwight in philly

not sure if you are in buffalo , but if you are the obvious is pizza, and any will do.. also a wegmans sub cut up works. people in buffalo take for granted what great food there is.. trust me .. living in the philly area, food is very pedestrian.

I'm in Atlanta, and I have yet to find better than just decent pizza here. You're right, Buffalo has great food options! Should have planned ahead to have Bocce's shipped in. There's always next week.

Shrimp grilled with Key lime butter over a spicy mango salsa.

Oh, I like the way you think! Sounds great and I love my mango salsa. :)

Being in a different time-zone, the game is actually on Monday morning for me.

Like every year, I took the day off and will begin drinking brewskis as soon as I send the kids off to school. I'll muck around and listen to WGR pre-game show and begin watching the game (on NFL GamePass) at around 11:00.

At halftime, my wings should be ready, which I'll consume with some mac salad and Tuatara Pilsener.

Let's go Buffalo!

Being in a different time-zone, the game is actually on Monday morning for me.

Like every year, I took the day off and will begin drinking brewskis as soon as I send the kids off to school. I'll muck around and listen to WGR pre-game show and begin watching the game (on NFL GamePass) at around 11:00.

At halftime, my wings should be ready, which I'll consume with some mac salad and Tuatara Pilsener.

Let's go Buffalo!

Those are all fairly common words, but rarely used in that order. :)

Old school. Pizza and wings from Tim and Bonnie's in Springville. Extra sauce, cheese, pep, banana peppers,lightly well done. Wings half hot, half charpit BBQ. Bills on ch4, GB/JAX as the go to game during timeouts, laptop open to fantasy team with another tab open to OAK/NO radio broadcast to listen to my favorite PBP guy, Greg Papa-Raiders. Yes, I'm a geek.

Bills' Brew and Ravens' Stew.

Love the regional theme! Very catchy, too!

Old school. Pizza and wings from Tim and Bonnie's in Springville. Extra sauce, cheese, pep, banana peppers,lightly well done. Wings half hot, half charpit BBQ. Bills on ch4, GB/JAX as the go to game during timeouts, laptop open to fantasy team with another tab open to OAK/NO radio broadcast to listen to my favorite PBP guy, Greg Papa-Raiders. Yes, I'm a geek.

That's a man with a plan! Wish I could get good pizza and wings. Grilling my own has come up as an option. Atlanta is not a great pizza town. Not enough Buffalo ex-pats I guess. We had several in Florida. We do have a good Ted's knock off with great dogs though.

I got strep throat....just got back from the urgent care :(

Hot tea with honey and lemon.

Chicken noodle soup with oyster crackers.

Sprite.

F&$k!!

Also, a freaking power line came down in front of my house. No power. They're saying it could be hours before we get power back, as there are downed trees and power lines all over the county.

I got strep throat....just got back from the urgent care :(

Hot tea with honey and lemon.

Chicken noodle soup with oyster crackers.

Sprite.

F&$k!!

Also, a freaking power line came down in front of my house. No power. They're saying it could be hours before we get power back, as there are downed trees and power lines all over the county.

When it rains, it pours. Hope that power comes back quickly for ya

Why don't you pack your bags and go back to whatever banana republic you came from, ya commie. :lol:

LOL'd

Shrimp, catfish, and pig.

Pigs dont swim ? How'd ya hook one ?

sounds awesome though

Grilled Raven.

Sounds disgusting. But I will gladly take it !

Shrimp, catfish, and pig.

Not your typical surf and turf, but I'm sure delicious! I'm down to grilling wings or hot Italian sausage on a hogie roll with provalone, onions and peppers.....to go with the mandatory nachos of course. I need to plan ahead next week and consider getting some Bocce's shipped in. I had all off season and feel great shame about not thinking of that in time. :(

Had my mind set on Pizza and wings from the local go to. But i have to clean out the fridge a little.

Steamed little necks, then a chicken stir fry with whatever i can find. baby corn, peppers and a mish mosh of things. Fry some pepper steaks on the side

And it seems there is too much beer in the fridge. probably should make some room !!

Go Bills !