PFF Asks What is Tyrod Taylor's Ceiling?

Somewhere between drop down panel and vaulted cathedral.

GO BILLS!!!

It is not! His ceiling is sheet rock covered with knock down! In the film room the ceiling is drop down, practice facility has vaulted, but those are not TT ceilings.

His ceiling is Russell Wilson IMO. His ceiling isn't the question though. Cardale Jones also has an incredibly high ceiling. NoSaint's point is a good one. "How likely is he to achieve it?" I don't think that he ever reached his ceiling but that doesn't mean that he won't be a good NFL starting QB. That's not unlikely at all to me.

Others worry about what he couldn't do last year. I see a guy who was amazing considering he split reps three ways in camp and it was his first year starting. I see no reason he can't improve on that, especially going in as the unquestioned starter.

Just as I saw enough of EJ in his 1st year to proclaim we move on from him, I feel I saw enough in TT last year to BILLIEVE. My one concern is his fantastic speed and clever moves. I think he's too small to subject himself to the punishment that surely comes from challenging LB's & Secondary's with his legs. I'm concerned, because he ISN'T. He knows if he can make the necessary yardage and I expect it'll be a part of his game for how ever long he plays.

It's entirely possible he hits a wall and defenses catch up.

It is

That is why he needs to continue to refine his game.....

Those over the middle passes to his backs for touchdowns were things of beauty......if he can continue his progressions of over the middle stuff and stay healthy......I think we gotta pay the man.

Others worry about what he couldn't do last year. I see a guy who was amazing considering he split reps three ways in camp and it was his first year starting. I see no reason he can't improve on that, especially going in as the unquestioned starter.

10000% Best we've had in a LONG time, let's let it breathe and enjoy.

Just like PTR noted, just the fact he is coming into this year as the starter alone is huge. He's had a year in the system and a year with pretty much all of the same people around him. The only real loss on offense is Hogan. A healthy Woods should be a boost for Tyrod as well. If the right side of the OL gets figured out and it comes together we could have one bad ass offense on our hands, that is assuming Tyrod continues to progress in year two.

Guys seriously? Mike Vick?! Come on man. I watched a ton of Mick Vick and his biggest asset was his legs. Vick was the fastest guy on the field for 2 maybe 3 seasons. That's what scared D's, not his arm. Vick could not make one single type of throw on a consistent basis. Except throw it 100 mph at someone 5 yds away.

IF TT can be Jeff Garcia during his prime then we got something. Garcia had escapeability with a big arm. Garcia didn't maintain his high level for long, let's hope TT does!

Guys seriously? Mike Vick?! Come on man. I watched a ton of Mick Vick and his biggest asset was his legs. Vick was the fastest guy on the field for 2 maybe 3 seasons. That's what scared D's, not his arm. Vick could not make one single type of throw on a consistent basis. Except throw it 100 mph at someone 5 yds away.

IF TT can be Jeff Garcia during his prime then we got something. Garcia had escapeability with a big arm. Garcia didn't maintain his high level for long, let's hope TT does!

Will TT have to get fat too? We want a long term player, He has the right pieces nearly in place. Smart hard worker athletic football savvy, and a competitor. what he lacks is game day experience.

Most will agree he improved over the season with the eye test. Began to really see the field and trust his receivers.

Wheres is ceiling, well it is above his head. How far? i think his potential meter is pretty full.

Kid has me enthusiastic for the up and coming season

Will TT have to get fat too? We want a long term player, He has the right pieces nearly in place. Smart hard worker athletic football savvy, and a competitor. what he lacks is game day experience.

Most will agree he improved over the season with the eye test. Began to really see the field and trust his receivers.

Wheres is ceiling, well it is above his head. How far? i think his potential meter is pretty full.

Kid has me enthusiastic for the up and coming season

TT has more playmaking ability in one leg then Garcia had in his entire body

you aint kidding

But he does need to settle down and use the pocket. He is relatively young to live bullets with the 10 other players. Who might get injured and replaced injured and play but not so well.

I guess i am saying . all the adjustments the Starting qb needs to make during the season to be in tune with those players. That was his first year doing that.

I agree 100%. My only concern about TT is his body type: it reminds me of RGIII and might make him similarly injury prone. Other than that, I think he's going to be fantastic.

I'm not entirely convinced he's the long term answer just yet, but he certainly showed me enough to give him a year or two more to find out. My 'realistic' hope is something along the lines of Wilson.

As far as ceiling? Most players have a ceiling of 'hall of fame', so I think that's kinda silly.

His ceiling is Russell Wilson IMO. His ceiling isn't the question though. Cardale Jones also has an incredibly high ceiling. NoSaint's point is a good one. "How likely is he to achieve it?" I don't think that he ever reached his ceiling but that doesn't mean that he won't be a good NFL starting QB. That's not unlikely at all to me.

This.

A worse dressed but much less douchey/awkweird version of Russell Wilson.

1) ceiling and potential are very stupid teams. The saying potential means you haven't do crap is so true. Ryan Leaf has a much, much, much higher ceiling than Tom Brady.

2) this is the biggest challenge Taylor might have in his career. He is being studied all offseason and teams are finding ways to target his weaknesses. The good Qbs will make adjustments when teams do that. Hopefully, TT will be capable of that. I suspect teams will play safeties back, double Sammy, try to keep him in the pocket and give up the area in the middle of the field.

3) some of you are completely under rating Mike Vick and Jeff Garcia. Mike Vick, a giant POS, was arguably the most explosive athlete to ever play Qb. He rushed for a 1,000 yards as qb and made multiple playoffs.

Garcia had 2 30 td seasons and was a much better rusher than people remember. He also led one of the best comebacks in playoff history.

If Taylor comes close to their best seasons, he will get paid a lot of money and the Bills should be in great shape.

Garcia was very good , the problem was he didn't stay very good for long.

Garcia was excellent at extending the play w his legs. Moving around in the pocket. Garcia would take off for the sticks when he had to, but would prefer to use his receivers if available. TT is faster but we all agree him running for 600-700 yds a season is not the best for his health.

Go back and check Garcias stats , I watched him play. Garcia was not much to look at and easy to make fun of, but he was a heck of a QB for a few seasons.

1) ceiling and potential are very stupid teams. The saying potential means you haven't do crap is so true. Ryan Leaf has a much, much, much higher ceiling than Tom Brady.

2) this is the biggest challenge Taylor might have in his career. He is being studied all offseason and teams are finding ways to target his weaknesses. The good Qbs will make adjustments when teams do that. Hopefully, TT will be capable of that. I suspect teams will play safeties back, double Sammy, try to keep him in the pocket and give up the area in the middle of the field.

3) some of you are completely under rating Mike Vick and Jeff Garcia. Mike Vick, a giant POS, was arguably the most explosive athlete to ever play Qb. He rushed for a 1,000 yards as qb and made multiple playoffs.

Garcia had 2 30 td seasons and was a much better rusher than people remember. He also led one of the best comebacks in playoff history.

If Taylor comes close to their best seasons, he will get paid a lot of money and the Bills should be in great shape.

Vick could beat you with his legs. In his prime there was not one person Vick couldn't not beat out to the edge. The Falcons are my second team. If Vick could of had an Andy Reed OC early on, maybe his career could of been diff. I strongly dislike what Vick did off the field, but it has nothing to do with the fact that I think TT can be a way better QB. Edited by atlbillsfan1975

The problem is we dont want TT to be really good for a couple of seasons.....we need him just continue to biuld on what he is.....get more consistant.....and be worthy of this huge contract he is about to get from the bills.......

If done right.....you can continue to biuld around him......playing to his strengths....this is why I also felt that C. Jones was a good move as a draft pick as a backup....they both two some of the same things pretty well......

I didnt mean to belittle Garcia....I actually thought he was pretty good when I watched him...only that I think the potential for Tyrod it be better for a longer period of time is there.

I want to believe in TT. We'll see this year, but the positives are probably an improved defense, a repeating #1 running game and a decent O-Line. He'll have all the reps this summer, and a second year in Roman's scheme.

Those are all thing s to look forward to this year. I hate when people say injury prone when the two games he misssed was for an illegal horse collar. He unlike EJ was running out of bounds to avoid the hit, and had glimpses of Russel Wilson. What I mean is Wilson uses his legs to extend plays, but continues to look downfield as the play is breaking down. This is juxtaposed to Kaepernick, and RG3 who seem to have one read, and tuck it and run. That is why I don't believe those two will ever make it as starting QB's.

TT has to keep improving though, and if he does, I'll be the first to cheer him on for a $18-20 million contract.

The problem is we dont want TT to be really good for a couple of seasons.....we need him just continue to biuld on what he is.....get more consistant.....and be worthy of this huge contract he is about to get from the bills.......

If done right.....you can continue to biuld around him......playing to his strengths....this is why I also felt that C. Jones was a good move as a draft pick as a backup....they both two some of the same things pretty well......

I didnt mean to belittle Garcia....I actually thought he was pretty good when I watched him...only that I think the potential for Tyrod it be better for a longer period of time is there.

I totally agree on the longevity piece. We all want TT to be our Drew Brees. The guy who has an awesome career with his second team, and wins the SB. Let's hope TT Max's out his potential and does so for the next decade.

WTF. PFFs Q is the stupidest question ever. Probably click bait.

I rephrase in factory terms: Focus on one piece of equipment?

Ignore the quality of materials (players)? Ignore competitors product? Ignore management (coaches) planning? Ignore luck?

Crap. This Q so stupid, I need a siesta from NFL media.