Clayton's Top 15 Free Agents

Go to article if you want to know why:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15745691/top-15-nfl-free-agents-available-greg-hardy-ryan-fitzpatrick-donte-whitner

1. Greg Hardy, defensive end
2. Ryan Fitzpatrick, quarterback
3. Donte Whitner, safety
4. Dwight Freeney, defensive end
5. Arian Foster, running back
6. Louis Vasquez, guard
7. Anquan Boldin, wide receiver
8. Brian Hartline, wide receiver
9. Chris Culliver, cornerback
10. Leon Hall, cornerback/safety
11. Mike Neal, defensive end/linebacker
12. Amini Silatolu, guard
13. Tavaris Jackson, quarterback
14. Andre Roberts, wide receiver
15. Walter Thurmond, safety

or as I'd list them by position for if you need a guard you are not looking at DBs

6. Louis Vasquez, guard
3. Donte Whitner, safety

A slow but tough Boldin could be good for this team. Provide some much needed leadership on offense and maturity to the WR group.

I can't help thinking about the difference Lofton made. I know Boldin is older and slower, but still.

It does seem we NEED a WR, whether it be one of these guys or someone who gets cut late. I didn't know Salas was on this planet until he joined the Bills, but then I was surprised he was available. Small sample size, I know.

It is my hope that the bills are seeing something in the C lister's they brought in at wideout to compete for the 3rd and 4th positions that make them think that Boldin might not be needed.....

That is what I keep telling myself

I agree with what you are telling yourself.

I think Whaley feels that between Watkins, Clay, McCoy, and Woods they have 4 pass catching options. They need 4 more 'competent' NFL caliber receivers .

In my opinion, Boldin, in his prime, was one of the best YAC receivers I have ever seen. I do also believe that Tyrod was his teammate for a couple years in Baltimore, right? SF was a dumpster fire last year, but Boldin did put up some numbers for them. Still, I think if we're going to spend the money on another WR in FA, it should be somebody that would be harder to cover one on one. That might not be Boldin at his age, and it definitely wouldn't be Hartline. Which leaves, I think... no one.

What about Vasquez, though? I think there's a pretty good chance that a decent few WRs are going to emerge from our roster in TC. But what the hell is up with our O-line? Could Vasquez be a decent pick-up for depth, at least? Is anyone happy with the right side of our line?

Agree. Michael Bolton likely will not. Anquan Boldin might.

Why? He's 35 and has made $62M in his 13 year career. He is either going to take a smaller deal on a strong contender or look for a big payday (relatively speaking). He'd certainly be a lot of help at a position of need, but I just don't see the Bills dropping 5 or 6 million on a one year deal for him. Edited by BarleyNY

@SiriusXMNFL

Free Agent WR James Jones: I did not expect to still be sitting here without a job. Came off a productive year with the #Packers.

FA WR James Jones: I thought Green Bay was going to bring me back but they have a lot of good young WR's so I don't blame them. #Packers

FA WR James Jones: I've been training & I'm ready to play in 2016. I've received calls from teams but no one has pulled the trigger yet.

@SiriusXMNFL

Free Agent WR James Jones: I did not expect to still be sitting here without a job. Came off a productive year with the #Packers.

FA WR James Jones: I thought Green Bay was going to bring me back but they have a lot of good young WR's so I don't blame them. #Packers

FA WR James Jones: I've been training & I'm ready to play in 2016. I've received calls from teams but no one has pulled the trigger yet.

Bring him in

You know...at this point Boldin would not be a bad idea

Are wheelchairs allowed on the field ?

Go to article if you want to know why:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15745691/top-15-nfl-free-agents-available-greg-hardy-ryan-fitzpatrick-donte-whitner

3. Donte Whitner, safety

6. Louis Vasquez, guard

or as I'd list them by position for if you need a guard you are not looking at DBs

6. Louis Vasquez, guard

3. Donte Whitner, safety

None please. Unless it's Freeney.. the rest.. No TY

Bring him in

Had him on my fantasy last year so payed a lot of attention to him last year and he's not good.He doesn't get much separation from dbs.The only reason he had decent numbers is Rodgers is so accurate and throws with an insane amount of anticipation.He seemed to run the wrong routes and frustrate Rodgers but with so few options he put up OK numbers. Tyrods strong suite is not anticipating throws so not a good match imo.When Jones runs routes he doesn't get much more than a half step on most times.To sum it up...he's a bag of broke dildo's

talk down here about cowboys guard ron leary being subject of trade talks with the saints. not advocating, just mentioning.

knee issues, and just lost his job to lael collins. but does have starting experience, and in college played all over the line (both guard and tackle). some speculation that the saints would consider him a RT. hes backed up both tackle and guard i believe.

currently on a 2nd round tender, so you would be negotiating a different pick, and probably a longer term deal if you went that way.

Edited by NoSaint

Had him on my fantasy last year so payed a lot of attention to him last year and he's not good.He doesn't get much separation from dbs.The only reason he had decent numbers is Rodgers is so accurate and throws with an insane amount of anticipation.He seemed to run the wrong routes and frustrate Rodgers but with so few options he put up OK numbers. Tyrods strong suite is not anticipating throws so not a good match imo.When Jones runs routes he doesn't get much more than a half step on most times.To sum it up...he's a bag of broke dildo's

Good take. It would seem that a team that knows him best and could get him on the cheap would be wanting to sign him. The fact they don't screams there's a problem.

Edited by Triple Threat

talk down here about cowboys guard ron leary being subject of trade talks with the saints. not advocating, just mentioning.

knee issues, and just lost his job to lael collins. but does have starting experience, and in college played all over the line (both guard and tackle). some speculation that the saints would consider him a RT. hes backed up both tackle and guard i believe.

currently on a 2nd round tender, so you would be negotiating a different pick, and probably a longer term deal if you went that way.

how would you compare him to Mills in Romans system?