NFL Sunday Ticket 2016

Both DTV and the NFL are smart and the NFL continues to give them exclusive rights as DTV is offering them more more than what they'd get all together from allowing others to carry it. It's not the same in other sports because on one entity is willing to pay an obscene about of money to the league so they parcel it out. Would DTV go out of business without ST, probably not, but they'd be in a much different situation financially, and I'm sure one of the biggest reasons for ATT to buy DTV was because they could see ST is a huge money maker for them and likely will do everything they can to keep up the exclusive rights deal. I also think ATT realized that DTV was dumb to give alt these deals to people so are making it much harder to get a good discount. But they have a tough balancing act as more and more a "cutting the cord" or "smashing the dish" as the costs re getting to high so at some point it may not be worthwhile for them to offer huge piles of money to the NFL anymore.

As soon as that happens ST will be available in many formats. My guess is sometime in the not too distant future the NFL will distribute the entire TV package via streaming it themselves and will cut out the middle man.

DirecTV is a ripoff. The NFL needs to open up the ticket for all, or at least give everyone the option of live stream regardless of status.

Well other than they're the sole holder of Sunday ticket rights.

Nfl is the only league with an exclusive arrangement. Every other major sport is also available on cable. It would. E in the nfl's best interest to open up to multiple prooviders

Directv w/o ST would have folded a long time ago

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it took me five phone calls, but am signed up for ST for another year. First two calls were back in July, and was told to call back in August as then would be offering deals on ST I also was complaining about my overall bill as all my discounts had expired and my bill had essentially increased $23 since Jan 1st due to their yearly price increase and expired discounts. Ironically about 2 hours after I called in July, got an email from TWC offering me a pretty good deal to go with them so signed up for it and was scheduled to have them come next Saturday to tentatively install. My wife is also totally disgusted with DTV as we live in the south and so often in rain storms we lose reception so she would be very happy to see me go back to cable, but understands I want ST too.

So called up yesterday and spoke with retention, initially was told they could give me $50 off per month with a 12 month commitment, but nothing available for ST, call back the end of the month. So told her well that will be too late as next Saturday I'm going with cable unless I get a good deal, she puts me on hold and comes back and offers me ST Max for $100 I should have said OK sign me up, but figured I'd make sure my wife isn't totally mad about another year of DTV.

Called back two hours later, was told yes can give you the $50 off per month, but no sorry nothing on ST. At that point I said well I will be canceling. She then offered to set up to have it turned off next week which I went with so was set to have turned off next Sunday. She even flat out stated once disconnected, likely I'd be getting phone calls offering me free ST, but told her that would be too late.

So decided this morning to call back and make sure I'm not set up to auto-renew as my bill comes due this Tuesday and didn't want to get charged for it, then need to wait for DTV to take a couple of months to issue me a refund. And also figured when I call they will right away ask why I'm canceling which they did. Told me my whole story, we went back and forth. Bottom line I ended up $30 off per month with a 12 month commitment and free ST (but not max) The main reason I wanted max is for mobile access when I'm traveling but understand now the regular ticket includes mobile so probably not a big deal either way. Once in awhile I'd watch Redzone, but mainly during commercials I prefer switching to the Mix channel. Basically $30 off per month puts it in alignment overall with what TWC offered me, obviously no ST from them, but other things would have been better, increased internet speed, couple of movie channels, etc.

Still somewhat disappointed (though not as much as my wife is) as had a better deal yesterday, but my fault for not accepting. But at least am done with this for another year and my 12 month commitment ends in alignment with next year when I need to make the call again. Really be much happier if DTV would just come out with a decent price say $200 a season for ST, but no discounts, no negotiations for anyone and make it easier. But I suspect excluding new subscribers the total number of people getting discounts are small, maybe 10 to15% so overall charging the higher price and just dealing with the small number of people like myself nets them more money overall. But at the full price of $250 to $350, I probably wouldn't bother with it and not worth that much money to me either to have it. Admittedly do sometimes enjoy watching other out of market games when the Bills aren't on if don't like the local game. I'm in Panthers territory, so get them every week to start with.

Yeah, I need to get around to doing this. But I have to be prepared to walk first. I actually have an Xfinity box in my basement running a special deal I got from them. (Blast internet plus basic cable but HBO thrown in free, no expiration, for $80.) So I'm already playing both sides of the street. Unfortunately if I want Xfinity throughout the house in HD it's gonna start costing what DTV costs.

Called yesterday and the best that DTV could do was 20% off ST. (Subscriber since 1998) And the $30 discount I was getting the past 12 months expired too. So my bill now for 3 receivers (2 dig / 1 basic), standard channels, ST, will be in the $140/mo range. I'm going to try calling in again later in the week to see if there are any new discounts available.

I called yesterday with my contract up. I received several offers but decided to accept the following:

$600 ($50 off for 12 months for a 1 year commitment)

$162 ($27 programming off for 6 months)

$54 ($9 off Sunday Ticket Max for 6 months)

$7.50 ($2.50 off HD Extra pack for 3 months)

My total credits are $823.50 with a Sunday Ticket Max cost of $305.94. My net savings is $517.56 and that makes me a happy customer for another year. :thumbsup:

Can't thank you enough 26CornerBlitz ! With your outline I received the same deal.

Sweet! Congrats to you.

I only so far have dealt with a chat session and best I was getting was the $600 off a year. They wouldn't give me any discount on Sunday Ticket and not even throw in a few months of Showtime which they always give away. Guess I'll have to call and see what I can do.

I've only has Direct tv back on (I had it turned off for a while) for 2 years. Called and got 10% discount on NFL ticket, one of my 4 boxes taken off my bill, and ShowTime free for 3 months with auto shut off. I did nothing special except call. They even redirected me to the proper people to talk too. Call, be polite, and take what they offer.

I've received the ticket free for the past 3 years...my bill jumped significantly this month due to expiring credits...called in and basically got nothing....always had pretty good luck....lady said to call back later as new credits pop up.....it's a stupid game that gets tiring each year. Maybe things have changed since att took over....I really want fios but it is $$$

I'll wait a little longer, then just call and ask if they have anything since I have both AT&T and DTV (only for ST and the rare cable outage). They were very accommodating last year and I got mobile access for my son in another state, as well as some movie channels and some discounts, but I suspect I should have cancelled the movies and I'm still the loser. Story of my life....

With the added advantage of whats posted here and the fact that DTV screwed up and blacked out todays game here I got this nice deal... Tristan (tn568d) DIRECTV:How about this? I'll give you the HBO with $7 off for 6 Months ($42 value) + 4 Months of SHOWTIME Free ($52 value) + 4-payments of $24.99 for NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX & $50 off for 12 months w/ 1 year agreement requirement

With the added advantage of whats posted here and the fact that DTV screwed up and blacked out todays game here I got this nice deal... Tristan (tn568d) DIRECTV:How about this? I'll give you the HBO with $7 off for 6 Months ($42 value) + 4 Months of SHOWTIME Free ($52 value) + 4-payments of $24.99 for NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX & $50 off for 12 months w/ 1 year agreement requirement

I don't know...maybe you should have held out for more. <_<:lol:

Very nice

Good deal. Earlier this month, I got the $50 off for 12 months plus the free 4 month Showtime. I cancelled ST because the best they could do was $6 off/month. Looks like it's time to soon call again.

I called back again....like I mentioned earlier I've had great luck....not this year...I've been stonewalled twice....directv has been ok.....I lose my reception during storms and heavy snow....I've been looking for a reason to leave....so I just set up cancelation at the end of this next billing period that I'm paid through...I was kind of suprised they didn't put up more of a fight to keep me but oh well...the lady told me I have received over 1500 $ worth of discounts since being with them so I can't complain....fios is going to cost me more but it's a much better product...good luck to the rest of you guys.

Today must be my lucky day. Called and explained how I have Time Warner for internet and phone and looking to consolidate. Also told them I notice the Sunday Ticket on my bill (first installment of $44 of 6 installments) and I'm a little pissed that they auto billed it. Client retention lady was very nice (Nel) and she said she's take care of everything. Asked if I have a data plan for my cell phone. Said, yes, with ATT. She said that I can link my ATT phone with DirectTV on their app and get unlimited data to watch games elsewhere for a low, low price. Haven't checked the price out yet but I never got a discount on my data plan before so it has to be better.

She then asked ME what I want my bill to be every month. The current bill was $170 with the $44/month Sunday Ticket. I told her I'd like my bill to be $120/month. She said how does $125/mth sound. Same Xtra programming, same receivers, equip, and Sunday Ticket included. I said "I'll take it". Only catch is I have to stay subscribed for 12 months.....uhhh, ok. I'll call them again next August and re-do the whole thing.

I always heard you should wait until a week or so before the season...now's the time to get your best rates.

Goodbye SNFLT... No luck with DirecTV this year. They wouldn't budge on their price for SNFT. Talked to normal operator and retention operator. Had it since '97 and she recognized that, but since I got it for free last year, they couldn't offer me anything this year. Even with the cheapest monthly package and suspending it for 6 months, it would have come out to $40 a game. I can go out for drinks and lunch for way cheaper.

This is going to be an interesting football season without being tied to TV every Sunday afternoon.

I got my bill on line yesterday. Called and asked for retention. Only would talk to retention Sad but true, retired, fixed income etc. with tears in my eyes. Love the Bills. They stated they could only give me 20% off Sunday Ticket. Two years I got it free. Said only once can they do that. I was very upset but nice. Said they could do better. New receiver with five program record feature coming Tuesday but three dollars more and than said they would knock $50.00 a month off for the next two years period. All in all my yearly bill will be $600.00 less period. Sweet! Can't beat that with a stick and I get the new receiver. Pays to be nice.

Made the call today. Oddly enough, the first number they sent me to was programming. I got a 20% discount from the lady there off of Sunday ticket.

Got sent to retention next. Guy couldn't do anything, except reduce my base package and save me $7 per month. I sort of believed him, because in May I called, And I got credits of $25/month. I think they only have so much in credits they can give you in a 12-month period.

That said, I will try to call back again to see if I can squeeze a few more bucks out of them.

After cancelling DTV because they would not budge on there price, I received an email asking me to come back.

They gave me the Choice package at $36/month(12-month agreement) , NFL Ticket - MAX for free, and a $200 Visa gift card. That works out to under $20 a game for the 13 games I need it for.

I'm in Jersey so I see both Jets games and the Thursday night game.

Guess I'm back to watching TV Sunday afternoons... :D

Called last night, asked for customer retention right off. During the call, the call dropped to a busy signal. Since they asked me for my phone number at the start of the conversation, I waited a bit to see if they would call me back,. They never did, so I called back and got some other retention person and told them I was mad about being cut off and not called back. Apparently, customer retention doesn't do outbound calls. Ended up getting the regular ST for free.

FYI: Regular Sunday Ticket now lets you login and watch via computer or phone/tablet. You had to have Max ST last year for that feature. Max ST only adds the Red Zone channel and Fantasy channel vs regular ST.

Called today on my way home. Good call. Told them I like DTV. Told them the bill is too high though. Told them I only have it for Sunday Ticket although I've never been unhappy.

My deal:

$50 off of my bill for 12 months.

$5 off of my bill for 12 months.

$9 off of my bill for 6 months.

HBO Free for 4 months.

Good rake. I'm happy again.

Already got my $50/month credit a few weeks ago for calling about ST. Called again yesterday to let them know our $5.99 PPV movie rental Sat night was buffering the whole time and was terrible to watch like that. Of course they credited the movie.. I said thanks. Out of the blue, the rep asked if I had Sunday Ticket Max. I said yes, and he offered me $9 discount off the price per month. I was like "Okay", like i had never heard of such a wonderful thing as a discount. Then he started offering me HD Receiver credit and some other credits that i know have expired recently... All this without me even asking?!? I love Directv...

If anyone received the online package as well (Sunday TIcket Max?) and isn't going to use it, please PM me, I have a proposition for you.

Meaning if you have Max and will be watching games on TV but not online let me know. I only want to watch the games online and DirecTV won't sell it to me that way based on my address.

Just made the call. Been a DTV customer for 16 years, I'm guessing I've gotten ST free for at least 10-11 of those years. Last year they wouldn't give me any ST discounts, which was frustrating. I'm still under a contract through Feb 2017, so I didn't have that card to play.

Took about 15 minutes, and I got the $50/month for 12 months. Started with $40/month, barely gave me a chance to respond, and then came back with $50/month. Not the complete package some of you got, but I'm happy. Works out to a free ST Max + another $240 in discounts, and it doesn't extend my contract. This was one of the easiest calls I've ever made, and next year I can play the no contract/cancellation card.

Interesting new wrinkle -- both the rep and the rep's supervisor came on at the end to make sure I had the rep's contact information (name, call center location, and ATT ID number). Never had them do that before.

I'm glad to see most of you are getting discounts. I've had a couple of good experiences since my last post. I really appreciate the comments on the Board because it helps to know these lessons before you call. Although I'm paying a little more this year because previous discounts expired, I know that a future call will yield positive benefits. I had to drop some of the sports channels so maybe I'll try for Center Ice next time to get more Sabres games. I do get Bruins, Nets and Rangers in CT, but miss the Buffalo announcers. Sorry to get a little off target, but Buffalo sports are the best!

Just made the call. Been a DTV customer for 16 years, I'm guessing I've gotten ST free for at least 10-11 of those years. Last year they wouldn't give me any ST discounts, which was frustrating. I'm still under a contract through Feb 2017, so I didn't have that card to play.

Took about 15 minutes, and I got the $50/month for 12 months. Started with $40/month, barely gave me a chance to respond, and then came back with $50/month. Not the complete package some of you got, but I'm happy. Works out to a free ST Max + another $240 in discounts, and it doesn't extend my contract. This was one of the easiest calls I've ever made, and next year I can play the no contract/cancellation card.

Interesting new wrinkle -- both the rep and the rep's supervisor came on at the end to make sure I had the rep's contact information (name, call center location, and ATT ID number). Never had them do that before.

You received it free for 10-11 years and were frustrated you didn't get discounts one year?

You started a discussion about NFL Ticket and for only the third time in 19 years I am not getting it.

I don't feel this is trolling just offering an opinion.

I begged off when Jerkron was the coach in his last season and same with Gailey.

I'm pretty sure I still love them, but am wise enough to not piss $200+ down the tubes and ruin a bunch of Sundays when I truly don't see them winning even 8 games.

This is what you do on opinion boards.... You offer opinions🤔

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that is very fair weather of you.

You received it free for 10-11 years and were frustrated you didn't get discounts one year?

Yes, in the way that you would be frustrated paying full sticker price for a new car. You know it is overpriced, and you know that discounts are part of the game. Fair point that I've had good luck with discounts over the years, but there are also a lot of (what I consider) junk fees that DTV throws on every monthly bill. It wasn't fun to pay those, even for just a year.