NFL Sunday Ticket 2016

I received an email from DirecTV about Sunday Ticket renewal. I called today as I didn't want to wait and stress out all summer. Price for basic is 6 months @$44.99/month and Max is $59.99/month - so $269.94 and $359.94.

I received Max for $239.94 or $39.99/month but also received $40.00/ month credit on my bill for 12 months. I'm sure others will get better deals but it's basically free for me plus and $240 in credits on my bill. Good luck to all who call and if you do do watch Sunday Ticket it's crazy if you don't call and ask for credits.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always negotiate with DTV. They don't want to lose you as a customer. I've had it for over 15 years with a one year hiatus, but not related to a protest.

My boys come to my house every Sunday even on weekends I don't have them (divorced). We love the Bills, and they each have Tampa (we live here) and a team each have followed since they were very little, but everyone is in a Bills Jersey every Sunday.

I received an email from DirecTV about Sunday Ticket renewal. I called today as I didn't want to wait and stress out all summer. Price for basic is 6 months @$44.99/month and Max is $59.99/month - so $269.94 and $359.94.

I received Max for $239.94 or $39.99/month but also received $40.00/ month credit on my bill for 12 months. I'm sure others will get better deals but it's basically free for me plus and $240 in credits on my bill. Good luck to all who call and if you do do watch Sunday Ticket it's crazy if you don't call and ask for credits.

i am up for renewal this year too so good to know - thanks!

After seeing your post, I just called DTV - customer retention. They gave me the Ticket for $45/mo for 6 months but gave me a $35/mo credit plus a one time credit of $60. Essentially, a free ticket. Thanks for your input.

After seeing your post, I just called DTV - customer retention. They gave me the Ticket for $45/mo for 6 months but gave me a $35/mo credit plus a one time credit of $60. Essentially, a free ticket. Thanks for your input.

Great......funny that you asked for retention. I did the same. Guy who answered said, why do you want retention? I mentioned my deal from last year. He said, you don't need retention. I can beat that deal......and he did......

Edited by nucci

Great......funny that you asked for retention. I did the same. Guy who answered said, why do you want retention? I mentioned my deal from last year. He said, you don't need retention. I can beat that deal......and he did......

Last year was the first time I actually had to pay for Sunday Ticket in I can't remember when. I think I paid 5 payments of $49.00. I didn't even watch it hardly(remember I live in Lancaster so I get all the Bills games anyways). This year I am not playing around. They are either going to give it to me for free or I am going to cancel my service. In fact I am going to call during my lunch today. The prices for DTV have gotten way out of hand.

Edited by Gordio

Last year was the first time I actually had to pay for Sunday Ticket in I can't remember when. I think I paid 5 payments of $49.00. I didn't even watch it hardly(remember I live in Lancaster so I get all the Bills games anyways). This year I am not playing around. They are either going to give it to me for free or I am going to cancel my service. In fact I am going to call during my lunch today. The prices for DTV have gotten way out of hand.

I haven't had cable for many years now but aren't prices comparable? Also, would Comcast or Time Warner give discounts if you ask? Having said that, I agree....cost for watching TV getting up there....

I haven't had cable for many years now but aren't prices comparable? Also, would Comcast or Time Warner give discounts if you ask? Having said that, I agree....cost for watching TV getting up there....

Yeah I really haven't even looked into it so maybe the prices are comparable. I pay $148 a month & I get the sports pack but that is not with any extra movie channels or anything. I think that is a bit steep,

• 3 weeks later...

My contract is up in August, so I called directv. I have an AT&T bundle which I've found greatly confuses their reps. Anyway, it took some finagling but I got $50/mo off my directv bill for 12 months which equates to free NFL ticket max and then some. I also got another $5 off my AT&T just because I asked about current deals. Bring on football season!

I was having an issue with my Directv recorder not being able to play the recorded shows. After getting the run around and getting it scheduled properly they offered it to me for free. I didn't even ask for it (I would have made the call in late August though). It was their way of apologizing for not getting the DVR thingy fixed sooner, I so LOVE Directtv. I have friends who have Comcast and have heard some HORROR stories about their customer service.

FYI I have been a customer non-stop for 17+ years.

Edited by qwksilver

• 2 weeks later...

so I just called. I have been a customer since 2005. My bill runs around $150.00 per month. I used to be able to get Sunday Ticket for free no problem. When I was prompted I said cancel service. When I spoke to the guy I said my bill is to high, especially with the ticket hitting my bill next month. He said the best I could do is offer you $100 off. It would still be 6 payments of $44 per month. I said cancel "cancel my service then." He said okay "when do you want it cancelled?." I said Dish can't come over until the end of the month. I thought that would get him to budge. He said "alright I will schedule it for July 31st." I said okay & hung up. Should I call back in a few days. I have never even talked to Dish yet & have no intention of going over to them.

Things have changed since AT&T and DTV got together. AT&T apparently no longer cares about their services working (that my remotes are useless half the time seems to be so common they are unmoved - while I am outraged!). But they're better at answering the phone and getting you a person to talk to. They just don't fix anything. Somehow I keep getting transferred to the DTV people (I have both just for ST and a minimal package), but the problem is with AT&T. As odd as this sounds, I think AT&T is giving up on AT&T and hitching their wagon more to DTV. I know it's complicated with upgrading cables, etc., but I just want my damn remotes to work! (My wife says the one in the family room died a slow painful death like it had been condemned to a work camp.)

so I just called. I have been a customer since 2005. My bill runs around $150.00 per month. I used to be able to get Sunday Ticket for free no problem. When I was prompted I said cancel service. When I spoke to the guy I said my bill is to high, especially with the ticket hitting my bill next month. He said the best I could do is offer you $100 off. It would still be 6 payments of $44 per month. I said cancel "cancel my service then." He said okay "when do you want it cancelled?." I said Dish can't come over until the end of the month. I thought that would get him to budge. He said "alright I will schedule it for July 31st." I said okay & hung up. Should I call back in a few days. I have never even talked to Dish yet & have no intention of going over to them.

Wow. I've never heard of DTV calling anyone's bluff before. Usually they will go to great lengths to keep customers happy. I have found that being polite (not that you were not) to the CS representative. I usually go with the "DISH is offering a great deal" approach, but that may not be the way to go this year.

My 2 year contract will expire at the end of July, so I was thinking that I would get a boatload of credits plus an equipment upgrade. This post makes me nervous though...

throwing in the towel in this early?

Your not real fan

And frankly I could give a rats ass if you pay for NFL Sunday Ticket.

Predicting an 8 and 8 season at this point....go pound sand

Really? Because the team's history would dictate this is a bad call somehow? :lol: I need to figure out how to make Kodi work. Too expensive to go to a bar every week.

Edited by joesixpack

I have yet to make the call, but customer retention was always the way to go. My bill had been going up and up over the years to where the basic TV for "classic" lineup is $85. I have some credits expiring, so I'm not sure what I will be able to get from them. I agree the nice approach is always best and sometimes while you are talking they will sweeten the offer more or throw in premium channels for free.I'll let you know how it goes when I convince myself it is worth the amount of time you have to spend on the phone to get a reasonable deal.

Gordio, no offense, but you seem to have these problems every year when most of us get through the process smoothly.

I have to start wondering if your phone etiquette is perhaps not what it should be. :P

Gordio, no offense, but you seem to have these problems every year when most of us get through the process smoothly.

I have to start wondering if your phone etiquette is perhaps not what it should be. :P

It never worked for me either when I had DTV.

I don't know I am polite, I never raise my voice. I am calling back tomorrow & telling them I am going over to dish again. See if they will call my bluff for a second day in a row. I do have 2 years left on my contract also. Not sure if that plays into it.

Edited by Gordio