NFL Sunday Ticket 2016

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I'm rethinking my position, but I still think they charge way too much money for the Ticket. Also, the Bills haven't made the playoffs since I subscribed to Sunday ticket so maybe I hexed the team.If I call back and resubscribe don't blame me for another year out of the playoffs.

You will be off the hook (in my mind). It's a new era. Rex is just one step into the new era, which is much bigger than one guy. Enjoy the games, it will get better in time. Don't be the bandwagon (Patriot?) fan. Be there through thick and thin. It makes the good times all the more wonderful.

I'm not on any contract, so can easily walk away. I have the basic around $80 per month package two DVR's, no movie packages and don't want any. My last discount just expired so bill next month will be $122, so am ready to call just about the basic cost of the service, then on top of that add in ST. I do want a good deal on top the basic rate to stay. My wife hates DTV as so often when a storm passes through it goes out and other bugs in it. Funny was sitting in a restaurant a couple weeks back and overheard people at the next table talking about the past could of days how much DTV had been out as alot of rain had been passing through.

I do wonder if they know you're calling from out of the local area, like "bills_fan_in-Raleigh" I'm also in NC, so do they figure well the only way for this guy to watch out of town games is through ST, so know need to discount as much.

I've had ST for about 4 years now, prior to that would watch various online streams, there used to be a guy down here in NC that would stream the games, pretty decent quality, as the game went on, the drunker he'd get and would start singing during commercials. Now that I've had ST a few years, haven't kept up with that "community" at all.

While I'd never suggest anything illegal of course, are these streaming sites still somewhat plentiful if you know where to look? And where would that place to look be?

On a somewhat related topic, if I were to decide top completely "Cut the cord" and go to a streaming service like Hulu or Netflix, we watch alot of prime time shows on the DVR, with a paid subscription to those services, how long after the show airs can you watch it and can you watch it commercial free? That is probably the biggest thing overall keeping me with DTV is the functions of the DVR, wouldn't want to lose that.

I'm not on any contract, so can easily walk away. I have the basic around $80 per month package two DVR's, no movie packages and don't want any. My last discount just expired so bill next month will be $122, so am ready to call just about the basic cost of the service, then on top of that add in ST. I do want a good deal on top the basic rate to stay. My wife hates DTV as so often when a storm passes through it goes out and other bugs in it. Funny was sitting in a restaurant a couple weeks back and overheard people at the next table talking about the past could of days how much DTV had been out as alot of rain had been passing through.

I do wonder if they know you're calling from out of the local area, like "bills_fan_in-Raleigh" I'm also in NC, so do they figure well the only way for this guy to watch out of town games is through ST, so know need to discount as much.

I've had ST for about 4 years now, prior to that would watch various online streams, there used to be a guy down here in NC that would stream the games, pretty decent quality, as the game went on, the drunker he'd get and would start singing during commercials. Now that I've had ST a few years, haven't kept up with that "community" at all.

While I'd never suggest anything illegal of course, are these streaming sites still somewhat plentiful if you know where to look? And where would that place to look be?

On a somewhat related topic, if I were to decide top completely "Cut the cord" and go to a streaming service like Hulu or Netflix, we watch alot of prime time shows on the DVR, with a paid subscription to those services, how long after the show airs can you watch it and can you watch it commercial free? That is probably the biggest thing overall keeping me with DTV is the functions of the DVR, wouldn't want to lose that.

I do have DTV and really like it but I got the MLB online package for $100 to watch my O's and thats way cheaper than what DTV offered it for. I see the games on my smart TV, phone, tablet computer etc.

Maybe you'll get lucky like I did today...not on contract...last year I got STMax for free...so I called today, the first agent offered me 5 dollars off a month, I said "can I talk to someone in retention?" I was transferred and the agent was really pleasant. I explained I wanted to stay but my bill was going to go up if I wanted ST, it would be much more than I would want to pay. She said let me see what I can offer you...then magically she said I could get $50.00 off my bill for a year and 6 months of half priced HBO, if I got ST...so I get ST free then a $50.00 credit for the next 6 months. I feel pretty satisfied.

BTW this year you don't need Max to stream on another device, you can do that with the regular ticket now. I don't really care for RZ or fantasy channel but the streaming was great with Max, now it's "standard". Cool!.

Last year I called and got some $$$ off as a DTV and AT&T guy. DTV is only for Sunday Ticket and basic TV for rare loss of cable. The merger got me a few dollars off and added some movie channels. More importantly, I got access for mobile viewing so my older son can catch games in another city, while I watch at home. I feel like I won enough for several years. Now, if only the Bills could win more....

Yeah if there was another option for ST, I'd go that way too.

And before someone suggests you can order online only package I doubt they'd allow me to purchase the online only version as obviously can get DTV at my current address since I currently do have it. One of these years I'd imagine they will offer the online version only with no restrictions. But as far as I know they are not there yet.

I do have DTV and really like it but I got the MLB online package for $100 to watch my O's and thats way cheaper than what DTV offered it for. I see the games on my smart TV, phone, tablet computer etc.

Last year I called and got some $$$ off as a DTV and AT&T guy. DTV is only for Sunday Ticket and basic TV for rare loss of cable. The merger got me a few dollars off and added some movie channels. More importantly, I got access for mobile viewing so my older son can catch games in another city, while I watch at home. I feel like I won enough for several years. Now, if only the Bills could win more....

Bingo...that is exactly why I get it...that's a great feature.

I don't think I will talk to retention when I call back. As a long time DTV subscriber(2001), I have the classic package that costs more than any other package except premiums. I am going to go with the mid tier package that costs $70 per month as all my previous credits are expiring. Has anyone here switched their TV package to afford the cost of Sunday ticket?

My biggest complaint has been how much the price of Sunday ticket has increased over the years. I think it used to be around $150 back in the early 2000's but has steadily increased to over $300. They scaled it back for basic a few years ago and went down to $180, but now they are up over $240. I guess most of that is probably Goodell's fault. I wish there were alternatives as I am not a bandwagon guy here in Patriots and Giants land.

I don't think I will talk to retention when I call back. As a long time DTV subscriber(2001), I have the classic package that costs more than any other package except premiums. I am going to go with the mid tier package that costs $70 per month as all my previous credits are expiring. Has anyone here switched their TV package to afford the cost of Sunday ticket?

My biggest complaint has been how much the price of Sunday ticket has increased over the years. I think it used to be around $150 back in the early 2000's but has steadily increased to over $300. They scaled it back for basic a few years ago and went down to $180, but now they are up over $240. I guess most of that is probably Goodell's fault. I wish there were alternatives as I am not a bandwagon guy here in Patriots and Giants land.

That's what I have done in the past...and just ended up keeping it and going with deals for some of the premiums...and BTW I'm in the same frickin state as you, down in New London County....

It's the commissioner's fault that DirecTV has raised the price of Sunday Ticket? Is it also his fault that they've raised their prices on other programming?

I used to go to bars to watch games, burger, a few beers, plus tip, $50 easy, times thirteen (two Miami, plus one prime time televised locally) comes to $650 minimum. I'm happy to pay DTV.

BINGO! And when the wife and sons show up at the bar, things escalate quickly. It makes far more sense financially for me to watch at home. I still go to the huge Bills bar early in the season. I start saving money in later games, but it's not financially motivated. I just get sad....

I wish it was the other way around, I'd like to join the excitement when things were getting good late in the season!

BINGO! And when the wife and sons show up at the bar, things escalate quickly. It makes far more sense financially for me to watch at home. I still go to the huge Bills bar early in the season. I start saving money in later games, but it's not financially motivated. I just get sad....

I wish it was the other way around, I'd like to join the excitement when things were getting good late in the season!

but your are still paying for tv which is stupid.

its like buying a ticket still.

plus,you cant get it unless you pay for the upper tv package and not basic and they add this and that fee.

you have to keep knocking them down which is bullpucky.

they are so effing stupid by design, that if you dont call to cancel after getting it for a year they start charging you for next year even if you dont order it and even if you are on a basic package that doesnt qualify for the nfl ticket lol

just wait 5 weeks and get it cheaper in season I suppose but its bull **** in all directions

Actrually you do have the option to turn off auto renew, you need to contact them to turn it off.

Am curious as to how you feel that stupid by design?? Seems pretty smart on their part if you ask me. They may be annoying by design, but not stupid!

they are so effing stupid by design, that if you dont call to cancel after getting it for a year they start charging you for next year even if you dont order it and even if you are on a basic package that doesnt qualify for the nfl ticket lol

Actrually you do have the option to turn off auto renew, you need to contact them to turn it off.

Am curious as to how you feel that stupid by design?? Seems pretty smart on their part if you ask me. They may be annoying by design, but not stupid!

Ed... this is the guy that thinks Craig Sager is trying to make money off his cancer. That may help your questions.