NFL Sunday Ticket 2016

Well I called once again. This time the lady was very friendly & she actually introduced herself as part of the retention department. I told her my story & said after having the weekend to think about it I decided to cancel my cancelation. She said well lets see what we can do. After about 10 minutes she came back & said the best I could do is give you $50 off of the Sunday ticket & $5 off your bill for next 12 months. At this point I am defeated & told her give me the $5 off a month but I don't want the Sunday Ticket. I thanked her for her time & that was that. I may still call one more time next week. What can it hurt. This will be the first year I don't have Sunday Ticket since 2006 I believe.

Edited by Gordio

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I called once again. This time the lady was very friendly & she actually introduced herself as part of the retention department. I told her my story & said after having the weekend to think about it I decided to cancel my cancelation. She said well lets see what we can do. After about 10 minutes she came back & said the best I could do is give you $50 off of the Sunday ticket & $5 off your bill for next 12 months. At this point I am defeated & told her give me the $5 off a month but I don't want the Sunday Ticket. I thanked her for her time & that was that. I may still call one more time next week. What can it hurt. This will be the first year I don't have Sunday Ticket since 2006 I believe.

That's too bad....strange as I've never had a problem talking with them...I didn't always get great deals but usually very good ones.....

I believe this is your problem "I do have 2 years left on my contract also. Not sure if that plays into it." What did you recieve when you agreed to a 2 year extension?

This is the first year I probably won't hassle them over the Ticket. Reason why- I'm getting direct tv for free for a full year. I've been with them since the beginning and my contract was up. Once I called to seriously cancel, they gave it to me free of charge for a year. I'd feel greedy if I called back and said, I need the Ticket free too

I believe this is your problem "I do have 2 years left on my contract also. Not sure if that plays into it." What did you recieve when you agreed to a 2 year extension?

I got a free genie upgrade & free sunday ticket for the year I believe. That was last year. I had 1 year left on my contract last year after agreeing to this so after that I had 3 years left. Now I got 2 years left.

I received a VERY generous deal last year, paid about $85/month all year which included ST Max. The start of training camp usually prompts me to "make the call," so I'll do so again soon. FWIW, I usually blame the wife, telling the rep she's badgering me to cut the cord...for special effects, I usually have the wife yelling at me from the next room over; I tell the rep, "Can you hear what I'm up against here?" LOL!

Edited by Ned Flanders

I usually wait until closer to the season. I then also try to get retention and very politely say 'look, I'm not dumping you but you got to at least help me out with some credits to bring that price down". That usually pays for at the very least half of it and then I ask for free pay pay channels to make my other half happy and they ALWAYS throw me some free Showtime to shut me up. Of course with ATT now running the show they may be tightening their belts to pay for their investment.

...Is there anywhere on the DTV site that tells when your contract ends?

I received a VERY generous deal last year, paid about $85/month all year which included ST Max. The start of training camp usually prompts me to "make the call," so I'll do so again soon. FWIW, I usually blame the wife, telling the rep she's badgering him to cut the cord...for special effects, I usually have the wife yelling at me from the next room over; I tell the rep, "Can you hear what I'm up against here?" LOL!

:lol:

I received a VERY generous deal last year, paid about $85/month all year which included ST Max. The start of training camp usually prompts me to "make the call," so I'll do so again soon. FWIW, I usually blame the wife, telling the rep she's badgering him to cut the cord...for special effects, I usually have the wife yelling at me from the next room over; I tell the rep, "Can you hear what I'm up against here?" LOL!

Damn Flanders. Sounds more like wolowitz's mom from Big Bang Theory.

I made the call yesterday morning. The first lady in customer service must've been a newbie. She was very nice but didn't care about my 16 years of loyalty...and was not offering me any deal. I said i was going to cancel and asked for Retention.

While speaking to the retention guy, he claimed the best he could do was lower it to $35/mo x 6 months. I said, that's still $210 for the package and I'm having a hard time justifying that and staying with Directv. I told him i may need to cancel. He left the call for a few minutes while "consulting" with his manager. Came back and said if i agree to stay with Directv another one year he could give me $50 credit per month (for 12 months). That's $600 in credit for the year (and i wasn't gonna leave anyway). That will be more than enough to cover my Sunday ticket monthly price and then some.

I made the call yesterday morning. The first lady in customer service must've been a newbie. She was very nice but didn't care about my 16 years of loyalty...and was not offering me any deal. I said i was going to cancel and asked for Retention.

While speaking to the retention guy, he claimed the best he could do was lower it to $35/mo x 6 months. I said, that's still $210 for the package and I'm having a hard time justifying that and staying with Directv. I told him i may need to cancel. He left the call for a few minutes while "consulting" with his manager. Came back and said if i agree to stay with Directv another one year he could give me $50 credit per month (for 12 months). That's $600 in credit for the year (and i wasn't gonna leave anyway). That will be more than enough to cover my Sunday ticket monthly price and then some.

You just get the basic and not Max?

WOW just called and best I could get was 215$ for ST versus the 240$ price. Been with them for 20 years. Was in retention and she couldn't give me much and than transferred to some special promotions department and this was best. Told her too much will look into other services and call ended. Got agents in New Mexico not the ones in Idaho I used to get to that were always very helpful. Sounds like AT&T is really changing the culture

I called today and talked to first guy and he only offered $5 a month off the ticket. I received Showtime for free for 3 months but politely asked to speak with customer retention. Once there the best offer was $9 off. He said in reviewing my account history I received too many credits. I told him each time I received these credits it was for equipment upgrades. He was not swayed, so for the first time in 15 years I will not have the ticket. I do get quite a few games as both Jets and Patriots are on every week, but I'll have to find another way to catch the Bills games.

I called today and talked to first guy and he only offered $5 a month off the ticket. I received Showtime for free for 3 months but politely asked to speak with customer retention. Once there the best offer was $9 off. He said in reviewing my account history I received too many credits. I told him each time I received these credits it was for equipment upgrades. He was not swayed, so for the first time in 15 years I will not have the ticket. I do get quite a few games as both Jets and Patriots are on every week, but I'll have to find another way to catch the Bills games.

Man, i have a hard time understanding this. Do you think they should give this away? Did you think you would never have to pay for this service? Do you leave your cable company cause ESPN is not free and on the basic package?

I get trying to get a deal, but to not watch something you love cause you are not getting it free just boggles my mind.

Man, i have a hard time understanding this. Do you think they should give this away? Did you think you would never have to pay for this service? Do you leave your cable company cause ESPN is not free and on the basic package?

I get trying to get a deal, but to not watch something you love cause you are not getting it free just boggles my mind.

Maybe I'm the fool, but if they doubled the price I might look into other ways to catch the games, but I'd still be watching the games. Yes, there's one born every minute....