Liberal Protests

B-Man

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I would love to see what the consensus is with that group regarding what they feel defunding the police means.  

You’d have a sincerely difficult time getting antifa to give you their thoughts as a majority of them probably struggle to spell “defund”. Then; they’d call you a fascist for pointing out their incompetence at which time they would threaten to burn down your home and kill your goldfish and if you react in a defensive manner; you’re labeled “the problem”.

Edited by The Guy In Pants

31 minutes ago, GG said:

The tide certainly isn't turning, and in fact is gathering steam.  This is probably how the Chinese felt at the dawn of the Cultural Revolution, and certainly how Russians felt at the beginning of the Stalinist purification.  Don't ignore the powerful forces who are now the main outlets of "truth"

The speed at which this is happening is jaw dropping.   Something snapped and the playing field is changing right before our eyes.   The mob is in control and the ones that are supposed to be speaking out against this depravity have been either too timid or have gone silent. 

Too much ground has been lost this past two weeks.  This is snowballing.  I’m seeing it in a number of different metrics.

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

The speed at which this is happening is jaw dropping.   Something snapped and the playing field is changing right before our eyes.   The mob is in control and the ones that are supposed to be speaking out against this depravity have been either too timid or have gone silent. 

Too much ground has been lost this past two weeks.  This is snowballing.  I’m seeing it in a number of different metrics.

You have to remember what is behind this and how long they’ve been building it. This isn’t an accident. It’s purposeful.

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

You have to remember what is behind this and how long they’ve been building it. This isn’t an accident. It’s purposeful.

100%

While Conservatives have done a good job with the grooming judges and focusing on the court systems, they have ceded complete control to academia.

This what we are seeing was inspired and fostered through the Universities.  The PC/safe space kids who we used to mock have grown up and are littering society in positions of influence.   The dynamic has to change.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Magox said:

100%

While Conservatives have done a good job with the grooming judges and focusing on the court systems, they have ceded complete control to academia.

This what we are seeing was inspired and fostered through the Universities.  The PC/safe space kids who we used to mock have grown up and are littering society in positions of influence.   The dynamic has to change.

Exactly.  When  you have college professors teaching "children" that American is evil this is what we end up with.  And it's only going to get worse I'm afraid.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

100%

Absolutely. In a battle between the education system and the parent; the system has the upper hand. Over time; they can change the kinds of the parent through the mind of the child. I cannot remember for the life of me; which book that was in so I apologize. 

Suppression of the imagination and the destruction of a sense of individuality render children prone to manipulation. Manipulation gives you what we have now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Magox said:

100%

Universities?  Try 6th grade.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Gone with the Wind is now racist.

Holy fvck this is pure insanity.

There had better start being a push back against this DISGUSTING cancel culture or we as a society are fvcked.

From what I understand, Quinton Tarrentino movies are next, book burning coming real soon

I will take my part of the blame for not speaking up earlier. I have a good friend who got in trouble for retweeting a white supremacists. Now there was an investigation at the school and I allowed it to happen without mocking the entire process and said the process was fine since my friend had not known he was a white supremacists. The reason it was so absurd is my friend is black and the  great grand child of slaves and grand child of sharecroppers. 

• Sad 1

Any truth to the rumor that the Whitestone bridge is being demolished tomorrow?

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

:blink:

Dammit Ted, you missed the opportunity to say Shirley this is satire.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GG said:

The tide certainly isn't turning, and in fact is gathering steam.  This is probably how the Chinese felt at the dawn of the Cultural Revolution, and certainly how Russians felt at the beginning of the Stalinist purification.  Don't ignore the powerful forces who are now the main outlets of "truth"

GG's right. They're not cooling off, they're escalating.

That's why it's important that everyone do what they can in their own sphere of influence to push back, because they won't stop until they hit resistance, and right now they're not getting any.

They're trying to create the impression that their movement has overwhelming support for 2 reasons. 1. To make people afraid to challenge them, and 2. Bandwagon effect.

It's shown that people are instinctively inclined to adopt the beliefs they perceive as being held by the majority. That's why they skew polls. It's to influence others.

I'm not suggesting anyone should tank their career and go out in a blaze of glory, but we need to do what we can to let other people know they're not alone. Outside of California, we're the majority. Even rational Democrats (oxymoron, I know) think this is getting out of hand. But we're being bullied into silence and compliance, and the weaker among us are getting swept away in the tide.

If we sit quietly and wait for things to go back to normal we're going to be waiting until the cows come home. And the cows just hopped on a one way train to the slaughterhouse.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

GG's right. They're not cooling off, they're escalating.

That's why it's important that everyone do what they can in their own sphere of influence to push back, because they won't stop until they hit resistance, and right now they're not getting any.

They're trying to create the impression that their movement has overwhelming support for 2 reasons. 1. To make people afraid to challenge them, and 2. Bandwagon effect.

It's shown that people are instinctively inclined to adopt the beliefs they perceive as being held by the majority. That's why they skew polls. It's to influence others.

I'm not suggesting anyone should tank their career and go out in a blaze of glory, but we need to do what we can to let other people know they're not alone. Outside of California, we're the majority. Even rational Democrats (oxymoron, I know) think this is getting out of hand. But we're being bullied into silence and compliance, and the weaker among us are getting swept away in the tide.

If we sit quietly and wait for things to go back to normal we're going to be waiting until the cows come home. And the cows just hopped on a one way train to the slaughterhouse.

I try not to post much on my FB page about politics because I don’t want to be “ that guy”.

I have to try to be as non political as I can about this so what I’ve been doing is been posting some of the extreme absurdities of the woke mob.  

I can’t just do nothing about it.  I have to try to shine a light on what’s happening.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

I try not to post much on my FB page about politics because I don’t want to be “ that guy”.

I have to try to be as non political as I can about this so what I’ve been doing is been posting some of the extreme absurdities of the woke mob.  

I can’t just do nothing about it.  I have to try to shine a light on what’s happening.

I'm in a similar situation. I don't want to marginalize myself, and I have "friends" in my professional community and don't want to get blackballed, but I can't stay silent.

I will post things that are not too controversial in the comments section or on my main profile, and I make a point to like the posts of those with the balls to speak up so as to show support, but I started a closed group for people I trust where I can be more direct. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I'm in a similar situation. I don't want to marginalize myself, and I have "friends" in my professional community and don't want to get blackballed, but I can't stay silent.

I will post things that are not too controversial in the comments section or on my main profile, and I make a point to like the posts of those with the balls to speak up so as to show support, but I started a closed group for people I trust where I can be more direct. 

Closed group

Thats a good idea.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

There is a petition to get Disney to change Splash Mountain, no more Song of the South or Zipedy do dah, too racist...for real

Most of the dipshits complaining about Song of the South have never seen it and don't know the first thing about it. They just know some other dip shitz said it was racist and that was enough for them.

1 hour ago, GG said:

What's next?  Jake from State Farm?

Jake's already gone. They remade the commercial. Now Jake's black and they took out the punchline.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Jake Fromm State Farm got busted by a text message to a "friend".  Be careful. 

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Jake Fromm State Farm got busted by a text message to a "friend".  Be careful. 

Yes we should all be afraid of the cancel culture.  That will solve it.

I'm not really in love with what Fromm said but shouldn't he get at least a few points for being mostly anti 2nd amendment?  That's the in thing now isn't it?

6 hours ago, Hedge said:

Would a drone strike be considered to be on foreign soil like when Obama did it?  Are those things accurate enough to target hippies?

7 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Most of the dipshits complaining about Song of the South have never seen it and don't know the first thing about it. They just know some other dip shitz said it was racist and that was enough for them.

Jake's already gone. They remade the commercial. Now Jake's black and they took out the punchline.

Still can't figure out the strategy of taking one of the funniest commercials they made and reproducing it minus what actually made it funny...

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Yes we should all be afraid of the cancel culture.  That will solve it.

Amen....

• Like (+1) 1

Could you just imagine if right wing militia took over 7 blocks of a major US city, the outrage and coverage from the national news media.  Not only would it be the biggest story in the US, it would be major international news.

Just another example of how broken of an institution that the media have become.  

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5