Liberal Protests

B-Man

Just now, BillStime said:

Keep trying, Gloria. Keep trying to change the subject you chimed in on and don't put words in my mouth...

I must have confused you with another poster named BillStime who loved to pop in about how Trump's actions led to a runaway Wuhan crisis and deaths?   If it's not you, I apologize.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GG said:

I must have confused you with another poster named BillStime who loved to pop in about how Trump's actions led to a runaway Wuhan crisis and deaths?   If it's not you, I apologize.

Keep spinning, Gloria.  How did relations deteriorate between 2009 & 2016?

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Keep spinning, Gloria.  How did relations deteriorate between 2009 & 2016?

There's a little oval box in the upper right of this page, with a magnifying glass inside.  Try it.

• Like (+1) 1

How did relations deteriorate between 2009 & 2016?

I discussed it in this thread.  Do your own homework.

Why do you unconditionally support people whose incompetence unnecessarily killed thousands of NY'rs

Just now, GG said:

I discussed it in this thread.  Do your own homework.

Why do you unconditionally support people whose incompetence unnecessarily killed thousands of NY'rs

26 minutes ago, GG said:

I'm not doing your homework for you, Sue.

15 minutes ago, GG said:

I'm not doing your homework either.    Unlike you, I don't hit and run.

Neither BillZStime nor Gary ever do any homework. Their posts are the very definition of the internet drive by. 98 % of their posts are embarrassingly simple minded memes, accompanied by intellectually equivalent one liners, designed to do nothing but incite. The other 2% might have some substantive content; however, it is always plagiarized from some other source and they never engage in any follow up debate because they literally have no original thoughts of their own.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Too lazy to scroll through the thread and read for yourself?

The 1,000s of dead NYS residents appreciate your support and vote.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

But that is victim blaming. :rolleyes: Poor little guys whacking the cops with boards were taken and were arrested. And so forcibly! They were just there to protest, dontchyaknow?

I think they missed a guy in a white shirt with a skateboard that was smacking some of the cops in the back with it when they were arresting one of the other "protesters." I hope they got him later.

I ***** love that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Too lazy to scroll through the thread and read for yourself?

The 1,000s of dead NYS residents appreciate your support and vote.

No, I'm not lazy. Stop hiding. Let's hear your comments on how relations deteriorate between 2009 & 2016? Your words, not mine. We can play this game all day.

I'll bite - racists came out of the woodwork to hate on the president of that time period for obviously racist reasons. Other racists caught on that it was now okay to be openly racist. Then an obviously racist president comes into power, and the racists are empowered.

See PPP

No, I'm not lazy. Stop hiding. Let's hear your comments on how relations deteriorate between 2009 & 2016? Your words, not mine. We can play this game all day.

You are lazy, because this was discussed in THIS forum last week.  

Now about those unnecessary deaths that you cheered in the last 2 months?

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I'll bite - racists came out of the woodwork to hate on the president of that time period for obviously racist reasons. Other racists caught on that it was now okay to be openly racist. Then an obviously racist president comes into power, and the racists are empowered.

See PPP

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GTFOHWTS 

Just now, GG said:

I wasn't the daily cheerleader of 1,000s of unnecessary deaths

I'll spell it out for you:

• You hate Obama like I hate Trump.
  • I hate Trump because he IS racist.
  • You hate Obama because you ARE racist.

See how easy that was?

Now, regarding unnecessary deaths - who absolutely destroyed our pandemic infrastructure? Who ignored his own intelligence back in November?  Who is unnecessarily putting lives at risk by jump starting his rallies and requesting participants to sign COVID waivers ahead of his rally?

This guy:

giphy.gif

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GTFOHWTS 

True - this place was racist as hell long before Obama

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GG said:

They are equally bad at this point.  Let's see if he's able to rebound.

I'm not doing your homework either.    Unlike you, I don't hit and run.

On the issue of race in America or in general?  I won’t get into the general issues; those are for a different time and it’s an issue that I don’t particularly care to consider in any context.  The race question, however, requires additional definition.  To be clear, are you saying that Obama and Trump are equally bad on the issue of race in America?

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

On the issue of race in America or in general?  I won’t get into the general issues; those are for a different time and it’s an issue that I don’t particularly care to consider in any context.  The race question, however, requires additional definition.  To be clear, are you saying that Obama and Trump are equally bad on the issue of race in America?

On the race alone, Obama squandered a golden opportunity.  How many people know of his My Brother's Keeper Initiative?  He was too weak to keep pushing that program in the face of the more radical BLM movement.  Which in essence is emblematic of Obama's no-backbone term.

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

See PPP

The MO of the week (weak).  Call everyone and anyone a racist with nothing to back it up.   It's an extremely lazy way to argue.  And very boring as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2020 at 11:07 AM, Magox said:

This is a somewhat lengthy article, but I highly recommend it.  Jonathan Chait is a leftist and at times can be partisan.  But he has been speaking out about the "illberal left" for quite some time.  He had a really eye opening article that I remember reading back in 2015.

Excerpt from the tweeted article from below.

This should be shared far and wide.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GG said:

On the race alone, Obama squandered a golden opportunity.  How many people know of his My Brother's Keeper Initiative?  He was too weak to keep pushing that program in the face of the more radical BLM movement.  Which in essence is emblematic of Obama's no-backbone term.

I’ll chalk that up as a yes.  Wow.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The MO of the week (weak).  Call everyone and anyone a racist with nothing to back it up.   It's an extremely lazy way to argue.  And very boring as well. 

Jim - if @Buffalogal and @GG are going to make statements without backing them up and keep deferring to address their statements - one has no choice but to assume the worst.

Sucks.

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

This should be shared far and wide.

Rob, for me this is the biggest threat that this country has faced in my lifetime.  I've already said my piece on this but the growing influence these little moral objectionists is a frightening thought.  It's bad enough they are littered through Big tech, the news rooms, corporate board rooms, sports, Hollywood and Academia.  But what worries me most is if there are enough of these ***** that get voted in to enact God knows what.  

In any case, here is another Really good piece from Ross Douthat who is a Conservative with a small C.  He put together a really eloquent well thought out piece that is hot off the presses.

Kendi, meanwhile, represents the revolutionary aspect: In Politico last year he imagined a constitutional amendment establishing a “Department of Anti-Racism … comprised of formally trained experts on racism,” that would be “responsible for preclearing all local, state and federal public policies to ensure they won’t yield racial inequity,” for monitoring public officials who express ideas the experts consider racist and for using “disciplinary tools” when “policymakers and public officials” remain recalcitrant in what the department labels bigotry.

Whatever this is, it is not Barack Obama-era liberalism — indeed, under Kendi’s definitions, some of Obama’s views might merit disciplinary action — but a much more revolutionary successor.

We are living in the beginning of some Orwellian times.  It's only going to get worse, Academia is a factory for these moral authoritarians and they have a stranglehold of the institution.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’ll chalk that up as a yes.  Wow.  

If you take emotion out of it, please tell me the great things for race relations that occurred between 2009 - 2016?  Were there no riots?  Did innocents not lose their lives?  Were police not ambushed?  Were black lives improved?

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Jim - if @Buffalogal and @GG are going to make statements without backing them up and keep deferring to address their statements - one has no choice but to assume the worst.

Sucks.

Have you stopped cheering for unnecessary deaths?

3 minutes ago, GG said:

If you take emotion out of it, please tell me the great things for race relations that occurred between 2009 - 2016?  Were there no riots?  Did innocents not lose their lives?  Were police not ambushed?  Were black lives improved?

Go back and review all my comments on where I praised the death of anyone. I'll wait.

Go back and review all my comments on where I praised the death of anyone. I'll wait.

The only thing was missing was the smiley emoji

@Rob's House 

Another article that just came out today as well from Andrew Sullivan who has been out in front on this issue battling the Orwellian moral objectionists. 

In yesterday’s New York Times, in a news column, there was a story about the attempted purge of an economics professor for not being adequately supportive of the protests of recent weeks. It contained the following sentence, describing research into racial inequality: “Economics journals are still filled with papers that emphasize differences in education, upbringing or even IQ rather than discrimination or structural barriers.” But why are these avenues of research mutually exclusive? Why can’t the issue of racial inequality be complicated — involving many social, economic, and cultural factors that operate alongside the resilience of discrimination? And wouldn’t it help if we focused on those specific issues rather than seeing every challenge that African-Americans face as an insuperable struggle against the hatred of whites?

The crudeness and certainty of this analysis is quite something. It’s an obvious rebuke to Barack Obama’s story of America as an imperfect but inspiring work-in-progress, gradually including everyone in opportunity, and binding races together, rather than polarizing them. In fact, there is more dogmatism in this ideology than in most of contemporary American Catholicism. And more intolerance. Question any significant part of this, and your moral integrity as a human being is called into question. There is little or no liberal space in this revolutionary movement for genuine, respectful disagreement, regardless of one’s identity, or even open-minded exploration. In fact, there is an increasingly ferocious campaign to quell dissent, to chill debate, to purge those who ask questions, and to ruin people for their refusal to swallow this reductionist ideology whole.

The orthodoxy goes further than suppressing contrary arguments and shaming any human being who makes them. It insists, in fact, that anything counter to this view is itself a form of violence against the oppressed. The reason some New York Times staffers defenestrated op-ed page editor James Bennet was that he was, they claimed, endangering the lives of black staffers by running a piece by Senator Tom Cotton, who called for federal troops to end looting, violence, and chaos, if the local authorities could not. This framing equated words on a page with a threat to physical life — the precise argument many students at elite colleges have been using to protect themselves from views that might upset them. But, as I noted two years ago, we all live on campus now.

Here is a link to the article he referenced at the end...This was written two years ago warning of what we are seeing.

"We all live on campus now"

Edited by Magox
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Glee?  You are terrible at this.

No, it's actually easy when you do your own homework and spot a partisan grave dancer.  

The internet is forever:

Sorry, but you Trumpholes suffer from Trump Distortion Syndrome - (not) sorry you and Trump gets called out non stop for Trumps stupidity.

Remember when the US president was viewed as the leader of the free world - not as incompetent, laughing stock?

50,000 Americans are dead. ???

• We are losing 10,000 every 4 days.
  • 26% of all global deaths are Americans, although we are 4% of the world population
  • At this pace, 100,000 will be dead in 3 weeks. We need some action NOW! Stop showing up media!

Trump continues to do nothing. Fox News continues to spread lies and disinformation. Republicans continue to silently enable him.

This is genocide.

More excuses from someone who has NEVER accepted responsibility.

Trump denied and people died.

53,000 Americans are dead. In the coming days, we will pass milestones of deaths in the Vietnam War and Trump’s 60,000 prediction.

At some point, Trump and our federal government are going to need to bring in competent experts and actually come up with a plan and do something!

There are many more.  So please remind me again on who's the sick one in this discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GG said:

37 minutes ago, GG said:

The only thing was missing was the smiley emoji

35 minutes ago, GG said:

I wasn't the one gleefully reporting daily deaths.

And since minorities were disproportiantely dying from the virus, doesn't that pretty much make him a racist as well?

• Like (+1) 3

GLEE? THATs GLEE? 

That's not me sweeping reality under the carpet like conservative America. You can pretend that all is well but those are FACTS.

image.thumb.jpeg.525e3d44cc5b73b62f98c749f80cee33.jpeg

On 6/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, billsfan1959 said:

And since minorities were disproportiantely dying from the virus, doesn't that pretty much make him a racist as well?

Awe, how cute - @Deranged Rhino approves.

LMAO

Edited by BillStime