Liberal Protests

B-Man

12 minutes ago, Magox said:

Could you just imagine if right wing militia took over 7 blocks of a major US city, the outrage and coverage from the national news media.  Not only would it be the biggest story in the US, it would be major national news.

Do you remember the national outcry when protesters were invited into the Michigan State House during the lockdown? I remember reading abut white supremists, Nazi paraphernalia, and how armed right wingers stormed the building...

....and, the worst sin of all, how they were going to kill someone's grandmother by congregating like that

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Do you remember the national outcry when protesters were invited into the Michigan State House during the lockdown? I remember reading abut white supremists, Nazi paraphernalia, and how armed right wingers stormed the building...

....and, the worst sin of all, how they were going to kill someone's grandmother by congregating like that

It's beyond distressing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

and wasn't their main point that they basically just wanted to get back to work????

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Magox said:

Could you just imagine if right wing militia took over 7 blocks of a major US city, the outrage and coverage from the national news media.  Not only would it be the biggest story in the US, it would be major international news.

Just another example of how broken of an institution that the media have become.  

Did the folks in Seattle just get finished watching The Wire and think... Yeah, that's a good idea.

21 minutes ago, Magox said:

Could you just imagine if right wing militia took over 7 blocks of a major US city, the outrage and coverage from the national news media.  Not only would it be the biggest story in the US, it would be major international news.

Just another example of how broken of an institution that the media have become.  

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

It's beyond distressing. 

Been posted already, but calls for a reposting. Hypocrisy concept doesn't exist in their world, and even if it did it would mean something different than what it actually means. Zero attempt being made to hide anything anymore.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Magox said:

You mean when a bunch of ranchers invaded open land in Nevada?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

and wasn't their main point that they basically just wanted to get back to work????

I honestly do not know how a state can legally bar one group, over a certain size, from congregating because it poses a risk of illness and death to other people; however, actively allow another group to congregate in exactly the same manner. The entire reason for the ban is, as we have been told, the health and welfare of others.

There were no provisions for the motive behind the gathering, it didn't matter, the congregation itself was simply a matter of "life and death" to others.

I live near Raleigh, NC. The Governor, Roy Cooper, has a standing order that there will be no gatherings allowed of over 25 people. A race track, Ace Speedway, which is essentially an outdoor event, opened back up in a nearby county several weeks ago, against the order. We have had protests almost every day. Protesters are still out in droves. The State has  now issued a restraining order and taking action against the speedway. 

The reason:

"Dr. Mandy Cohen, secretary of the state health department and the lead official in shaping polices to contain the coronavirus outbreak, said Wednesday that Ace hasn’t responded to the abatement order issued Tuesday declaring the speedway an “imminent hazard for the spread of COVID-19,” due to the crowds of spectators there the last three weekends."

https://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/20200610/state-takes-legal-action-against-ace-speedway-with-restraining-order

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Occupy Wall Street Showed Us How Seattle’s ‘Autonomous Zone’ Will End

Ten years ago radicals occupied a park in New York City, today's "autonomous zone" in Seattle will likely suffer its same fate.

JUNE 11, 2020 By David Marcus

History has a tendency to repeat itself. This is especially true for the radical left not only because their playbook is about as thick as a communion wafer, but because it wallows constantly in nostalgia. ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter, and other assorted leftist groups see themselves in the tradition of the anti-fascist resistance in Spain of the ’40s and the barricade stormers of Paris 1968. But in looking at the nascent occupation of a few blocks in Seattle this week, another event springs to mind. Occupy Wall Street.

It was nearly 10 years ago that protesters took over Zuccotti Park in lower Manhattan to create their autonomous occupation. What they quickly brought to life was a bizarre wonderland of progressivism and anarchy. As is often the case in such movements, there was a sharp divide between the intellectual leaders of the movement and the black block anarchists itching for a fight.

In the case of OWS, these two groups held separate sections of the park. The college kids on one side, held General Assemblies, ran a library, organized a newspaper and free food. The Anarchists on the other side of the park pounded out their rhythms in drum circles, the smell of drugs wafting and the tired look of junky eye scattered among the faces.

These are groups within the revolutionary movement that need and tolerate each other but they don’t always get along all that well. The anarchists are suspicious that rather than truly seeking revolution the intellectuals seek only to install themselves as the new group in power. The intellectuals know that at any moment anarchist action could undermine their entire enterprise.

More at the link

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I honestly do not know how a state can legally bar one group, over a certain size, from congregating because it poses a risk of illness and death to other people; however, actively allow another group to congregate in exactly the same manner. The entire reason for the ban is, as we have been told, the health and welfare of others.

There were no provisions for the motive behind the gathering, it didn't matter, the congregation itself was simply a matter of "life and death" to others.

I live near Raleigh, NC. The Governor, Roy Cooper, has a standing order that there will be no gatherings allowed of over 25 people. A race track, Ace Speedway, which is essentially an outdoor event, opened back up in a nearby county several weeks ago, against the order. We have had protests almost every day. Protesters are still out in droves. The State has  now issued a restraining order and taking action against the speedway. 

The reason:

"Dr. Mandy Cohen, secretary of the state health department and the lead official in shaping polices to contain the coronavirus outbreak, said Wednesday that Ace hasn’t responded to the abatement order issued Tuesday declaring the speedway an “imminent hazard for the spread of COVID-19,” due to the crowds of spectators there the last three weekends."

https://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/20200610/state-takes-legal-action-against-ace-speedway-with-restraining-order

I'm near Raleigh as well and have been following the speedway story. Even in my small town there was a BLM protest march last week that my wife and I witnessed gathering during our evening walk. Local police approached the group and offered to chaperone them down the street and block side streets as they marched to ensure safety. It was all peaceful and made possible through cooperation between the police and the public. However, there were at least 75-100 people in the group, which clearly violates NC phase 2 order of no gatherings larger than 25 people outdoors.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm near Raleigh as well and have been following the speedway story. Even in my small town there was a BLM protest march last week that my wife and I witnessed gathering during our evening walk. Local police approached the group and offered to chaperone them down the street and block side streets as they marched to ensure safety. It was all peaceful and made possible through cooperation between the police and the public. However, there were at least 75-100 people in the group, which clearly violates NC phase 2 order of no gatherings larger than 25 people outdoors.

LOL. I am up in Wake Forest...

Like everyone else, I have no problem with peaceful protests all  day and night. However, you would think it sets a precedent allowing outdoor gatherings over 25 people.

Maybe one of our resident attorneys could weigh in...

• Like (+1) 2

Anarchy in Seattle

City Journal, by Christopher F. Rufo

Original Article

Seattle’s hard-Left secessionist movement has claimed its first territory: six blocks in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. For the past week, Black Lives Matter and Antifa-affiliated activists have engaged in a pitched battle with Seattle police officers and National Guard soldiers in the neighborhood, with the heaviest conflict occurring at the intersection of 11th and Pike, where law enforcement had constructed a barricade to defend the Seattle Police East Precinct building. Hoping to break through the barricade, protesters attacked officers with bricks, bottles, rocks, and improvised explosive devices, sending some officers to the hospital.

RBBg08c.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

LOL. I am up in Wake Forest...

Like everyone else, I have no problem with peaceful protests all  day and night. However, you would think it sets a precedent allowing outdoor gatherings over 25 people.

Maybe one of our resident attorneys could weigh in...

The night before the larger peaceful march a smaller subset of that group of 5-10 people roamed the streets of my subdivision. They were loudly chanting and banging mailboxes. This went on from 11 pm to well past 1 am. The police were also aware of this as well and followed them, but did not stop them. I was awake during the time and did not hear anything personally,  but I'm at the bottom of a cul-de-sac.  Needless to say neighbors who had this going on directly in front of their homes at 1:30 am were not happy that the police allowed it to continue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Folks, what is going on in Seattle is just the start.

If they are allowed to be successful...............

Imagine if many cities blocks are closed off to these thugs in every other major city in the country?

We do not want a heavy military force on domestic soul for military operations, but at what point does Trump not have another choice but to do this?

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

The night before the larger peaceful march a smaller subset of that group of 5-10 people roamed the streets of my subdivision. They were loudly chanting and banging mailboxes. This went on from 11 pm to well past 1 am. The police were also aware of this as well and followed them, but did not stop them. I was awake during the time and did not hear anything personally,  but I'm at the bottom of a cul-de-sac.  Needless to say neighbors who had this going on directly in front of their homes at 1:30 am were not happy that the police allowed it to continue.

We are fortunate, we live on 6 acres in the woods off a dead end road. To find us you literally have to be lost :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let me guess....Cary???  I read about some ridiculousness that went on there.  I have a sister that lives in Cary

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

This is a somewhat lengthy article, but I highly recommend it.  Jonathan Chait is a leftist and at times can be partisan.  But he has been speaking out about the "illberal left" for quite some time.  He had a really eye opening article that I remember reading back in 2015.

Excerpt from the tweeted article from below.

Politics is a matter of life and death. If you start with the premise that one side has a monopoly on truth, you inevitably land on the conclusion that questioning its ideas is dangerous.

The question isn’t whether the Times should apply any ideological standard to its columns; it always has. The question is whether the appropriate standard is one that lends itself so readily to abuse. The norm of suppressing a belief because somebody saying it makes them or others unsafe has left a trail of absurd or horrifying episodes in academia and elsewhere that many progressives insisted didn’t matter because It Wouldn’t Happen Here. And yet as this norm spreads, its central flaw has never been resolved: Any definition of “unsafe” that aims for a Tom Cotton will hit a David Shor or a Lee Fang.

Edited by Magox
  • Thank you (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The Autonomous Zone in Seattle is hilarious.

Three days in and they’re already starving, and are being brutalized by a self-ordained warlord.

Three.  Days.

I was looking at some pics today and can't stop laughing.  It reminds me of a mix of 18-20 years old getting kicked out of parents house because they are drug addicts and kids selling lemonade on the side of the road.

It's a glorified flee market.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

On 6/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, BillStime said:

Still waiting for your examples of how “Obama definitely fanned the flames and set race relations back to before the '60s. For a man that could have united, he definitely was the great divider-in-chief.”

@Buffalogal Still waiting GF!

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

We are fortunate, we live on 6 acres in the woods off a dead end road. To find us you literally have to be lost :lol:

So, you have to be lost to find your way back home? I see a new purpose for those with dementia. (side note: I'm experiencing that in my family)

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The Autonomous Zone in Seattle is hilarious.

Three days in and they’re already starving, and are being brutalized by a self-ordained warlord.

Three.  Days.

Ah, the resurgence of the protection rackets. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Here is a conversation I had with a VERY Christian friend of mine recently:

Me:  It doesn't make sense that government leaders said "no church services due to Corona!!"  but then turned around and supported and even participated in protests.  Maybe you should remind them that you too are protesting the brutal murder of a man of color by the authorities.

Him:  Oh no!  We're not protesting it....we're celebrating it!

Me: Ahhhh, I think I see your problem.