Liberal Protests

B-Man

Just now, BillStime said:

Still waiting for feedback on how Obama fanned the flames and set race relations back to before the '60s?

Specific, concrete examples... you know; kinda stuff like THIS:

As Americans Shift on Racism, Trump Digs In

At Dallas talk on police and race, Trump shrugs off 'bad apples’ and again vows to ‘dominate the streets’

The White House took heat for excluding the county’s three top law enforcement officials, who are all black, from an event that at times felt much like a campaign rally, albeit far smaller than usual for Trump

This is just one week... such a great uniter-in-chief - right @Buffalogal

I could have sworn there was an extensive discussion on it last week.  But I wouldn't expect a brain dead hitman to read it.

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone else been noticing that with each passing day the remaining protestors are looking more and more predominantly white, out of work, bored to death, hyper empathetic, twenty somethings?  This is what happens after the government takes away your job, and tells you to stay inside for three months! 

1 minute ago, GG said:

Correct, and the police chief was referring to the 911 calls, not the police response.   Why would the CHAZ residents start calling the police?

Maybe you're confused. They're calling 911 to get help with crimes. There are armed guards preventing police from entering the CHAZ. Police don't show, so another 911 call is made. All I'm saying is triple the calls doesn't necessarily mean triple the crimes, considering the setup.

3 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

They're autonomous.

They don't need police response. Let them figure it out on their own. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll all kill each other.

Agreed. I'm not arguing they should get response, as the lack is directly caused by them. Just pointing out that 3x calls =/= 3x crimes.

8 minutes ago, GG said:

I could have sworn there was an extensive discussion on it last week.  But I wouldn't expect a brain dead hitman to read it.

Awe, GEEGEE - you're pathetic. 

@BuffaloGal never backed up her feeeeeelz

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Awe, GEEGEE - you're pathetic. 

@BuffaloGal never backed up her feeeeeelz

Let's get back on topic that you pray at the altar of the people who are responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths in NYS.

Just a snippet of incompetence that led to unneeded death.

Three transfers from Health + Hospitals' Woodhull in Brooklyn came in one night “coding” and in need of resuscitation within 30 minutes of getting there, another Bellevue doctor said. All three died. Under normal protocol, patients on the verge of death are rarely transferred.

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Let's get back on topic that you pray at the altar of the people who are responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths in NYS.

deflect much?

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

deflect much?

Make sure you genuflect when you pray at the altar

The virus has hit New York harder than any other state, cutting through its densely populated urban neighborhoods and devastating the economy. New York state’s death toll of 30,575 accounted for 7% of the world’s deaths and 27% of American deaths as of June 11, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

33 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Still waiting for feedback on how Obama fanned the flames and set race relations back to before the '60s?

Specific, concrete examples... you know; kinda stuff like THIS:

As Americans Shift on Racism, Trump Digs In

At Dallas talk on police and race, Trump shrugs off 'bad apples’ and again vows to ‘dominate the streets’

The White House took heat for excluding the county’s three top law enforcement officials, who are all black, from an event that at times felt much like a campaign rally, albeit far smaller than usual for Trump

This is just one week... such a great uniter-in-chief - right @Buffalogal

She won’t respond.  She can spout off the alt-wrong cliches but she can’t back them up with those pesky little things called facts. 

23 minutes ago, GG said:

I have him on ignore. I'd never know if he mentioned me if he was not quoted (and I saw in another post he tagged someone who was not me). ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GG said:

There was an extensive discussion.  But extensive doesn’t mean complete. And the question about Obama’s active divisiveness remains unanswered.  

Of course, the Obama question is a convenient way to distract from the feats of the current president, which involve demonizing protestors, cowering in a bunker when the people seek his voice on an issue of social change, attempting to use the military to squelch free speech with which he disagrees, refusing to stop the veneration of loser, traitorous Confederate military figures at present-day military bases, and effectively beginning his 2020 presidential campaign in the location of the worst racial massacre in United States history.  

So spare me your alt-wrong BS about a bunch of snowflakes in Seattle who put up some hamfisted cardboard signs and your conspiracy theories about Antifa, the left, and anything that doesn’t fit your groupthink nonsense about Donald Trump. Reasonable minds can disagree on economic policy, the best means of border security, health care, and other policy questions and still get along.  There is no reasonable mind, however, that can suggest that any inaction on the part of Obama in the racial equality field is equivalent to Donald Trump’s greatest hits in this area.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

There was an extensive discussion.  But extensive doesn’t mean complete. And the question about Obama’s active divisiveness remains unanswered.  

Of course, the Obama question is a convenient way to distract from the feats of the current president, which involve demonizing protestors, cowering in a bunker when the people seek his voice on an issue of social change, attempting to use the military to squelch free speech with which he disagrees, refusing to stop the veneration of loser, traitorous Confederate military figures at present-day military bases, and effectively beginning his 2020 presidential campaign in the location of the worst racial massacre in United States history.  

So spare me your alt-wrong BS about a bunch of snowflakes in Seattle who put up some hamfisted cardboard signs and your conspiracy theories about Antifa, the left, and anything that doesn’t fit your groupthink nonsense about Donald Trump. Reasonable minds can disagree on economic policy, the best means of border security, health care, and other policy questions and still get along.  There is no reasonable mind, however, that can suggest that any inaction on the part of Obama in the racial equality field is equivalent to Donald Trump’s greatest hits in this area.  

It remains unanswered by you, because you choose to ignore inconvenient facts.

The topic was Obama's inaction, and the current situation is a direct extension of that.  Trump's usual tone deafness on humanity is not relevant to the discussion of the fire that Obama ignited.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

It remains unanswered by you, because you choose to ignore inconvenient facts.

The topic was Obama's inaction, and the current situation is a direct extension of that.  Trump's usual tone deafness on humanity is not relevant to the discussion of the fire that Obama ignited.

Yeah, sure, it’s Obama’s fault.  Says the guy who has no facts to support his contention that Obama’s actions contributed to this mess and who supports a president doing his best imitation of the “best” of George Wallace and the worst of Richard Nixon. 

The term racist is thrown around way too often and too casually in today’s society.  But the position that you take here is one that inches your toward eligibility for that scarlet letter.  

Yeah, sure, it’s Obama’s fault.  Says the guy who has no facts to support his contention that Obama’s actions contributed to this mess and who supports a president doing his best imitation of the “best” of George Wallace and the worst of Richard Nixon. 

The term racist is thrown around way too often and too casually in today’s society.  But the position that you take here is one that inches your toward eligibility for that scarlet letter.  

when everyone is a racist, then nobody is a racist, correct?

Please explain how my statements are racist, because you choose to ignore the factual history of the deteriorated race relations between 2009 and 2016?

37 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have him on ignore. I'd never know if he mentioned me if he was not quoted (and I saw in another post he tagged someone who was not me). ?

Ignore me all you want but it is abundantly clear: 

You praise Trump because he validates your racism and xenophobia and that is worth everything to you.

Edited by BillStime

1 hour ago, GG said:

when everyone is a racist, then nobody is a racist, correct?

Please explain how my statements are racist, because you choose to ignore the factual history of the deteriorated race relations between 2009 and 2016?

It’s not those statements that are racist.  It’s your hypocrisy and your support for racism and xenophobia that pulls you toward that scarlet letter.  

It’s not those statements that are racist.  It’s your hypocrisy and your support for racism and xenophobia that pulls you toward that scarlet letter.  

Such as ....

Just now, GG said:

Such as ....

You condemn Obama for what you characterize as his inaction on issues of race and refuse to condemn what any reasonable mind would see as the flagrant and obviously inflammatory actions of Donald Trump on the same issue. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

You condemn Obama for what you characterize as his inaction on issues of race and refuse to condemn what any reasonable mind would see as the flagrant and obviously inflammatory actions of Donald Trump on the same issue. 

Could it be that the topic was why relations deteriorated between 2009 & 2016?

I've been perfectly clear that Trump is missing a humanitarian gene, and most of the time is his own worst enemy, such as now.  

Just now, GG said:

I've been perfectly clear that Trump is missing a humanitarian gene, and most of the time is his own worst enemy, such as now.  

So go on record.  Are Trump’s actions with respect to this issue worse than Obama’s inactions on the same issue? 

6 minutes ago, GG said:

How so? How did they deteriorate? How did Obama impact race relations?

And look VERY hard in the mirror while answering this question.

We will wait.

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So go on record.  Are Trump’s actions with respect to this issue worse than Obama’s inactions on the same issue? 

it's pretty simple - Trump doesn't possess a compassion gene.

But I always look at actions, instead of the Twittersphere bluster.  Right now, he's tone deaf to the overall mood, and the planned trip to Tulsa is moronic.  He should be a lot more conciliatory to properly distinguish the protests from the riots.

But even if he did that, do you think he would get the credit in trying to bridge the divide?

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How so? How did they deteriorate? How did Obama impact race relations?

And look VERY hard in the mirror while answering this question.

We will wait.

There's a little oval box in the upper right of this page, with a magnifying glass inside.  Try it.

Totally makes sense - definitely the right guy for the job.

White Nationalist White House Adviser Stephen Miller Drafting Trump Speech on Race

In what world are religious Jews part of White nationalism?  is this Bill DiBlasio's version of The New Order?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Nope. I want to hear from you.

I'm not doing your homework for you, Sue.

BTW, why do you unconditionally support people who allowed thousands to needlessly die through lies & incompetence?

19 minutes ago, GG said:

it's pretty simple - Trump doesn't possess a compassion gene.

But I always look at actions, instead of the Twittersphere bluster.  Right now, he's tone deaf to the overall mood, and the planned trip to Tulsa is moronic.  He should be a lot more conciliatory to properly distinguish the protests from the riots.

But even if he did that, do you think he would get the credit in trying to bridge the divide?

I’ll rephrase: are Trump’s actions with respect to this issue worse than Obama’s inactions on the same issue, yes or no?

20 minutes ago, GG said:

There's a little oval box in the upper right of this page, with a magnifying glass inside.  Try it.

The search function for this forum does not work. He would have better luck trying to find it through Google search using keywords. Or you could just explain your position. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’ll rephrase: are Trump’s actions with respect to this issue worse than Obama’s inactions on the same issue, yes or no?

They are equally bad at this point.  Let's see if he's able to rebound.

2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

The search function for this forum does not work. He would have better luck trying to find it through Google search using keywords. Or you could just explain your position. 

I'm not doing your homework either.    Unlike you, I don't hit and run.

7 minutes ago, GG said:

I'm not doing your homework for you, Sue.

BTW, why do you unconditionally support people who allowed thousands to needlessly die through lies & incompetence?

Well, Gloria, you're the one who made this blanket statement - why relations deteriorated between 2009 & 2016 - without any support.

I shouldn't have to go find something that simply may not exist... so get to it GEE GEE.

And WHAT? WTF are you talking about?  Who do you support?  Who lied and is incompetent?  I'm not following... but be careful - you really should go check out the latest COVID stats and acknowledge who destroyed our pandemic infrastructure and preparedness.  Whose lies and incompetence since November lead to needless deaths?

2 minutes ago, GG said:

I'm not doing your homework either. 

Unlike BillsTime, I don't give a ***** about your feelz about the previous president. 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Well, Gloria, you're the one who made this blanket statement - why relations deteriorated between 2009 & 2016 - without any support.

Otherwise known as a hit and run

2 minutes ago, GG said:

I don't hit and run.

LOL

Edited by Warren Zevon

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

I shouldn't have to go find something that simply may not exist... so get to it GEE GEE.

And WHAT? WTF are you talking about?  Who do you support?  Who lied and is incompetent?  I'm not following... but be careful - you really should go check out the latest COVID stats and acknowledge who destroyed our pandemic infrastructure and preparedness.  Whose lies and incompetence since November lead to needless deaths?

Keep praying:

"One planning lapse showed up in improper patient transfers. More than 1,600 largely Covid-19 patients in two of the state’s largest hospital systems were moved from overloaded hospitals to ones less hit, according to spokespeople for those systems. Some patients arrived in worse condition than when they left, sometimes without names and treatment information, said doctors and nurses at several hospitals."

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But that is victim blaming. :rolleyes: Poor little guys whacking the cops with boards were taken and were arrested. And so forcibly! They were just there to protest, dontchyaknow?

I think they missed a guy in a white shirt with a skateboard that was smacking some of the cops in the back with it when they were arresting one of the other "protesters." I hope they got him later.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GG said:

Keep praying:

"One planning lapse showed up in improper patient transfers. More than 1,600 largely Covid-19 patients in two of the state’s largest hospital systems were moved from overloaded hospitals to ones less hit, according to spokespeople for those systems. Some patients arrived in worse condition than when they left, sometimes without names and treatment information, said doctors and nurses at several hospitals."

Typical

giphy.gif

Typical

giphy.gif

Is that a representation of Cuomo's & DiBlasio's handling of the crisis?   

The guys you hold up as your examples?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Is that a representation of Cuomo's & DiBlasio's handling of the crisis?   

The guys you hold up as your examples?  

Keep trying, Gloria. Keep trying to change the subject you chimed in on and don't put words in my mouth...