Liberal Protests

B-Man

These are no longer riots.

History will look back on this as the beginning of America’s 2nd Civil War.

People are going to start getting shot at an alarming rate.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

There's no leaders of antifa, and no formal structure. So any moron can show up to public demonstrations clad in black and do whatever they want...

I did hear a leading civil rights attorney, Lee Merritt, articulate two needs to address unjust killing of people at the hands of the police.

One is federal legislation that revokes implied immunity so that officers need to have actual threats to administer lethal force. Under current law, officers only need the say they believed there was a threat to their lives to be found not guilty of wrong death. 

So objective guidelines in the use of lethal force is one rather than subjective standards. 

And two, they are pushing for comminity review boards of police conduct so that the community has the right to review the actions of officers who police them. 

People like Lee Merritt have never been in a situation where his life might depend on split-second decisions made entirely on subjective interpretations.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, meazza said:

Yeah, they're crazy Progs, the people we have been telling you are out of their minds.

in other news...

If there is one area that deserves a riot, it is Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Hollywood Hills, etc. 

These are some of the people that have been promoting and profiting off this dissension. Maybe if Bill Maher's house gets ransacked, he will change his tune.

Edited by Prickly Pete

14 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

People like Lee Merritt have never been in a situation where his life might depend on split-second decisions made entirely on subjective interpretations.....

Yep. There’s a reason why this isn’t the way things are done. It’s an awful idea. Unless you like having a lot of Police funerals per annum. A split second of hesitation could mean death for a law enforcement officer. Also, as to Motorin’ post - it’s not exactly true that all the officer has to do is say they believed a threat existed. It has to be a threat that a reasonable person would perceive. Definitely not a blanket excuse. Not relevant in the Floyd case, but certainly is in many others. Lawless criminals don’t care if they discharge their weapon at a cop. 

10 minutes ago, Prickly Pete said:

Yeah, they're crazy Progs.

Lots of ‘em out there. Converted and brought to you by CNN

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep. There’s a reason why this isn’t the way things are done. It’s an awful idea. Unless you like having a lot of Police funerals per annum. A split second of hesitation could mean death for a law enforcement officer. Not relevant in the Floyd case, but certainly is in many others. Lawless criminals don’t care if they discharge their weapon at a cop. 

I wish the people who have the worst opinions of law enforcement had even the slightest idea of what it is like to deal with emotionally charged, potentially violent situations, and knowing other people will have all the time in the world to evaluate decisions you have to make instantaneously.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep. There’s a reason why this isn’t the way things are done. It’s an awful idea. Unless you like having a lot of Police funerals per annum. A split second of hesitation could mean death for a law enforcement officer. Also, as to Motorin’ post - it’s not exactly true that all the officer has to do is say they believed a threat existed. It has to be a threat that a reasonable person would perceive. Definitely not a blanket excuse. Not relevant in the Floyd case, but certainly is in many others. Lawless criminals don’t care if they discharge their weapon at a cop. 

Lots of ‘em out there. Converted and brought to you by CNN

Put on CNN for the first time in along time, against my better judgement about 30 minutes ago.

Never watched Don Lemon for more than five minutes, but watched him for that duration.

He thinks he is wryly pitching a non violent support narrative. He loves the riots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, I am the egg man said:

Put on CNN for the first time in along time, against my better judgement about 30 minutes ago.

Never watched Don Lemon for more than five minutes, but watched him for that duration.

He thinks he is wryly pitching a non violent support narrative. He loves the riots.

Has he ever found that plane?

28 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Better police training and the mandatory use of body cameras should continue to be the goal.

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

You obviously don’t follow many influencers.  

Copernicus, Einstein 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

I’m not surprised. He’s the biggest racist on TV in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Better police training and the mandatory use of body cameras should continue to be the goal.

Copernicus, Einstein 

More accountability as well.  Again, it’s not normal that it takes this long for a cop to be charged in such a clear cut case.  

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

It’s a fine goal , however almost everything is caught on some type of camera these days. Training is always essential and is stressed now more than ever. Those things will not get rid of all bad apples, though. It’s not a perfect world. The Cop in the Floyd case went against any procedure manual out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No argument there. Training is better than it has ever been, officers are more educated than they have ever been, and law enforcement agencies are more diverse than they have ever been. What is really needed is an honest national dialogue where the starting point is not that law enforcement agencies are systemically racist.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

More accountability as well.  Again, it’s not normal that it takes this long for a cop to be charged in such a clear cut case.  

You have to get body camera footage, witness testimony, autopsy results, etc...  That's my guess of why it took that long.

6 minutes ago, meazza said:

There is no normal for how long it takes for arrests and charges to be made. Each case is unique. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No argument there. Training is better than it has ever been, officers are more educated than they have ever been, and law enforcement agencies are more diverse than they have ever been. What is really needed is an honest national dialogue where the starting point is not that law enforcement agencies are systemically racist.

Yep, that’s where it goes south. They’re systemically anti criminal, because that’s what they’re supposed to do. Again, there is zero that was or is systemic about the actions of Chauvin. No one is trained to do that. The problem is the drivel from the NY Times, CNN etc. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, meazza said:

Just curious.. but what if the cause of death wasn’t related to the officer putting his knee on Floyd’s neck? You would still want the officer charged immediately? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Just curious.. but what if the cause of death wasn’t related to the officer putting his knee on Floyd’s neck? You would still want the officer charged immediately? 

At the very least, what he did was assault.  

If that was someone i knew, I’d be angry as well and no one would classify me as an SJW.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You have to get body camera footage, witness testimony, autopsy results, etc...  That's my guess of why it took that long.

Also have to determine if actions were criminal and at what level. 

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

This is very important. 

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Copernicus, Einstein 

I would like to add a more stringent hiring process. I know plenty of Marine friends who have found their way into law enforcement. As much as I love them they are unfit for the job. Some are probably fantastic and others can't let go of previous training and combat. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Can’t Police brutality be the problem here? Why is it necessarily race.

Way more white people are killed by police in the US than black people.  

Selective outrage. 

2 minutes ago, Needle said:

I would like to add a more stringent hiring process. I know plenty of Marine friends who have found their way into law enforcement. As much as I love them they are unfit for the job. Some are probably fantastic and others can't let go of previous training and combat. 

It’s a fine line. Military stresses discipline and following commands. Those are good things in many cases. Wimps don’t make good cops. 

5 minutes ago, meazza said:

At the very least, what he did was assault.  

If that was someone i knew, I’d be angry as well and no one would classify me as an SJW.

Assault could be just an appearance ticket in some states. 

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Building more trust between police and communities is the best way to accomplish that.  Finding more ways for police agencies to integrate their officers into the community should be the goal.

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Exactly. Why can each case not be evaluated based on the factors unique to that case. There should never be automatic assumptions.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Selective outrage. 

It’s a fine line. Military stresses discipline and following commands. Those are good things in many cases. Wimps don’t make good cops. 

The discipline is true but we have a number of combat vets who have made their way into law enforcement. I can tell you from experience that those men can be changed in a way that makes them unfit for the job.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Selective outrage. 

Assault could be just an appearance ticket in some states. 

Maybe.  Either way, I haven’t seen much aside from an autopsy report contesting that the police officer was responsible for his death in some way or another.

1 minute ago, Needle said:

The discipline is true but we have a number of combat vets who have made their way into law enforcement. I can tell you from experience that those men can be changed in a way that makes them unfit for the job.

I know that to be true, and I speak from experience. Again, it’s tough because it’s not always apparent at the outset.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Also have to determine if actions were criminal and at what level. 

This is very important. 

If the guy had a heart attack because he panicked because someone had a knee on his neck, the cop still needs the book thrown at him.  I get that determining what constitutes "the book" is determined by all of the circumstances.  I understand why it took four days.  

To me if the guy had 7 heart conditions and was high as a kite, the officer's actions still cause his death.  The seemingly established fact that he kept kneeling on the guy's neck for almost three minutes after no pulse could be found is something beyond my comprehension.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I know that to be true, and I speak from experience. Again, it’s tough because it’s not always apparent at the outset.

Yes and some make fantastic cops. I think a LEO should be evaluated throughout their career for their own well being and the publics. The job is insanely difficult.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If the guy had a heart attack because he panicked because someone had a knee on his neck, the cop still needs the book thrown at him.  I get that determining what constitutes "the book" is determined by all of the circumstances.  I understand why it took four days.  

To me if the guy had 7 heart conditions and was high as a kite, the officer's actions still cause his death.  The seemingly established fact that he kept kneeling on the guy's neck for almost three minutes after no pulse could be found is something beyond my comprehension.

Definitely not defending him or his actions, but it’s important to review the entire video and decide on appropriate charges. 

17 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Are you kidding me?

The thug in question had his knee on the neck of the man he murdered for over 7 minutes.  He continued to do so for a full 1:45 after the man went limp. The victim pleaded 15 times that “I can’t breathe”.

It would take a total *****, and a completely bad to the core cop, to make the argument that those pre-existing morbities weren’t actualized by the brutality of the thug murderer in question.

If you have 1000 “good cops” and 10 bad cops, and the 1000 good cops protect the 10 bad cops instead of outing them and seeing them prosecuted, you have 1010 bad cops.

All bad cops should be made too afraid to report to work.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That should be obvious considering black people only comprise about 13% of the population while white people compromise about 60%.  The best estimates are you're about 2.5 times more likely to be killed by a cop in your lifetime if you're black compared to white in the US.  However, black people are more likely to commit crimes so it's difficult to quantify how much racism (at all) is attributed to that number.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Copernicus, Einstein 

No amount of training or body cameras would have stopped what that clown did.

• Like (+1) 1