Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Would this persuade even one person to vote Democrat? 

They don't think that way.

The Democrat strategy is put as many people as possible on welfare, so all they have to do during an election is to convince these lazy bums to get off their couch to keep their handouts.

32 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

They don't think that way.

The Democrat strategy is put as many people as possible on welfare, so all they have to do during an election is to convince these lazy bums to get off their couch to keep their handouts.

Facebook friend Dems keep posting Vote!  I wonder if they are OK with Republicans voting?

I've generally been of the opinion that liberals and conservatives are the yin and the yang of our political universe; that we both serve a purpose and both are necessary to keep things in equilibrium. Perhaps that is the case, but I'm increasingly thinking that the world has evolved a lot faster than we have, and that the overall societal purposes that liberalism brings to humanity is outdated and no longer serves a purpose beneficial to the species.

In primitive times, when people lived in small groups of not more than a few hundred people at most, tribalistic and collectivist tendencies likely contributed to the viability of the group. In modern times, so much of that is inapplicable, serves no beneficial purpose, and can be destructive, like an appendix.

I have become firmly of the belief that most liberals cannot be reasoned with. They're not even necessarily stupid (although many are) so much as they are overwhelmingly governed.by emotion, cognitive bias, and deference to authority. A perfect example of this is the utter obsession with bigotry while living in one of, if not the, least bigoted societies in the history of the world. Half these people talk as if we're living in 1930s Germany. 

Since Descartes we've understood that perception is not reality, but the break here is so stark that I often feel as though I'm living among people who are living in an alternate reality. I try to question myself, lest I be the one living in a state of delusion, but whenever I step back and take an objective look at incontrovertible facts it doesn't convince me that I am necessarily right, but it does confirm that the left is completely out of touch with reality.

I had an exchange with a leftist that perfectly illustrates the mindset I'm talking about. In response to his assertion that President Trump was encouraging and inspiring white supremacists I said the following:

I've seen nothing from him to suggest he's trying to inspire them. Just because they have a common enemy in the left doesn't make them allies.

All this racism and white supremacy talk is being done intentionally to drive a wedge between people by those who need that division to maintain power. Never take any politician at his word and never assume any politician has your best interest at heart.

Think about it. What is everyone so pissed off about? Take the partisan identity and media hype that puts every policy dispute on steroids out of the equation and focus just on the issues and there's really not that much of great consequence that most of us disagree about all that much.

We may disagree about where tax rates should be within a few percentage points, or how much government involvement we want in the health care industry, etc., but these aren't the things that drive people to hate each other.

I'm pretty sure I'm a lot more plugged in to mainstream right-wing thought than you or that Stanford professor, and as someone with nothing to gain by feeding you a bunch of *****, I can tell you that race is not a big concern for most on the right. The overwhelming majority of us reject the white nationalists and white supremacists just as much as we reject antifa and BLM. We're the people that judge others by their personality and character regardless of race/religion/sex. 

The people that tell you that our real motivations are bigoted are either lying power-brokers or useful idiots who think being "woke" makes them good people. But they're not the bastions of virtue they'd like you to believe. They're either manipulators or weak people trying to convince you (or more often themselves) that they're "the good ones."

Value real people who tell you the truth even if it might cause you to think less of them. You may not like their opinions but at least you know they're real."

His response to that was that Trump thinks white supremacists are good people and that I do too, then went on to tell me I couldn't see it because of my white privilege.

If this were an anomaly I wouldn't mention it, but this appears to be the prevalent mindset of the left. I just don't see how you can reason or compromise with people who think like this. They're nasty, hateful, evil people who believe they are righteous. It's a dangerous combination.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

His response to that was that Trump thinks white supremacists are good people and that I do too, then went on to tell me I couldn't see it because of my white privilege.

I don't know your friend's race,but I read an interesting editorial by David Brooks in the Buffalo paper Saturday that may help explain it.  One thing he said i totally believe. He did not provide where he got it from however.

White liberals describe racism as a bigger problem precluding black advancement than do African-Americans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/opinion/2018-midterms-realignment-partisanship.html

Edited by reddogblitz