Liberal Protests

B-Man

I was 11 during the riots in 1968. I had more sense than the rioters then. I asked my parents why  they were destroying their own neighborhood instead of coming into the suburbs.  My parents reply.. "They're idiots."

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

VERY GOOD NEWS............

Peaceful Black Protesters Shut Down Antifa After They Tried to Get Violent In Minnesota

The violent group, known as “Antifa,” can often be found wherever a protest is happening, attempting to escalate the anger of protesters, encourage destruction, and often engages in violence. Since the protests in Minnesota over the unjust killing of George Floyd happened, you can bet Antifa has shown up.

However, a group of actual black protesters isn’t letting them get violent.

Standing in front of a police precinct, Townhall’s Julio Rosas arrived just in time to watch a black man speaking to a group of people. According to reports, the crowd that had gathered outside the police precinct was, for the most part, peaceful. White members of Antifa, however, began to attempt to do what they do and begin escalating the situation with violence.

Before it got anywhere, a black man spoke up and addressed the crowd.

He assured people that they aren’t trying to shut down anyone’s speech, but they weren’t going to allow anyone to start getting violent, understanding that if that started, the black members of the crowd would get the bulk of the response.

“We’re going to keep our social distance, and we’re not going to allow somebody in the crowd to throw some bulls**t and then we feel the bulk of that,” said the man. “We’re not allowing that no more. That’s the reality of what we’re dealing with right now.”

Were there any actual black people at the '***** the police' racial justice rally?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I would think there is a ton of prosecutorial due diligence to be done, collaborating local, state and federal officials to get this right.....perhaps our fine TBD counsel Koko78 can weigh in......I'm guessing that an extensive review of the evidence is necessary to bring proper charges to fit the crime....and charges ARE forthcoming.......the damage of a flimsy case being presented to a jury with loopholes could or would lead to FAR worse civil unrest consequences.....not that it would make a damn bit of difference to the "looters" with a different purpose IMO.....

From what little I've seen about this (which isn't much), it looks really bad for the cops.

With that said, I really cannot conceive a valid reason for the officer to keep his knee on the man's neck for ~8 minutes after subduing him. Especially a man who was apparently drunk.

Looks like he, initially, did not resist the officers, as they had claimed:

Of course, there is a significant amount missing from this footage, such as from the initial encounter through the man being cuffed, etc., and it doesn't show what led to the officers using such force a few moments later.

Edited by Koko78

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yeah, not defending them either. Just acknowledging there are a lot of variables involved with respect to the other officers (primarily the two officers at Floyd's feet). To me, Chauvin, the one with his knee on FLoyd's neck, and Thao, the one standing, are the officers whose complete (Chauvin) or primary (Thao) focus was on Floyd . They should have recognized the seriousness of FLoyd's complaints.

But, we have to begin with the fact that there was absolutely no need for Chauvin to even apply that kind of force at all - much less for eight minutes. Floyd was down, handcuffed, and didn't represent any kind of a threat. From the time he was arrested and handcuffed, I never saw anything in Floyd's behavior, on the various videos to warrant what Chauvin was doing.

I have already read that both Chauvin and Thao had histories of complaints and each had been sued. Thao's lawsuit included particularly brutal accusations and was settled out of court. Don't know the details of any of the complaints, so, I don't want to speculate too much.

However, my initial sense of it is that it is less about race and more about the characters of Chauvin and Thao. Just a feeling.

Like you said, we will be learning a whole lot more.

This is an excellent post and spot on.  It seems absurd to me that an officer would, in a similar situation lay the white guy on a pillow in the same circumstance just because he was white.

Btw, I’m troubled by all this as so many are.  I’m with you on being patient, letting the facts come out as to cause of death, toxicology report etc. 

That said...the way this has been presented is also disturbing.  I’ve seen news coverage and footage of Floyd being lead from the car in cuffs, moved to a store front as the reporter suggests “the police report indicated he was resisting, but this tape shows him complying with the officers.”.  The next clip shows the officer kneeling on his neck.

My question..,what happened in between?  How did they go from standing peaceably to on the ground with a knee on the neck?  Context matters here.  Clearly there is footage that was recorded...where is it?  

• Thank you (+1) 2

I don't understand why these cities let the looters flex for a few nights burning their own neighborhoods down.  Baltimore did that a few years ago.  

The Minneapolis mayor looks like yet another elected official in over his head.  This pandemic has revealed many an elected phony, and it looks like he's another one.  

Do we have any videos of Floyd BEFORE he was cuffed?

Maybe it would give us a better inclination as to why that cop kneeled on his neck.

That cop should have NEVER kneeled on his neck when Floyd was already cuffed.

There probably will be a lot more to this case, so I will wait for more evidence.

At first glance though, all 4 cops should go down and go down hard.

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is an excellent post and spot on.  It seems absurd to me that an officer would, in a similar situation lay the white guy on a pillow in the same circumstance just because he was white.

Btw, I’m troubled by all this as so many are.  I’m with you on being patient, letting the facts come out as to cause of death, toxicology report etc. 

That said...the way this has been presented is also disturbing.  I’ve seen news coverage and footage of Floyd being lead from the car in cuffs, moved to a store front as the reporter suggests “the police report indicated he was resisting, but this tape shows him complying with the officers.”.  The next clip shows the officer kneeling on his neck.

My question..,what happened in between?  How did they go from standing peaceably to on the ground with a knee on the neck?  Context matters here.  Clearly there is footage that was recorded...where is it?  

There are four officers involved: Officer Chauvin (the one who had his knee on Floyd's neck), Officer Thao (the one standing in the video), Officer Lane, and Officer Kueng. From the video I have seen, it appears as if Officers Lane and Kueng are the arresting officers. You are right, they arrest Floyd and place handcuffs on him at a vehicle. They then lead him onto the sidewalk. At no point, did I see anything that suggested to me that Floyd was resisting. 

Then there is surveillance footage showing those two officers leading Floyd to a patrol vehicle across the street. As Floyd steps off the curb, he falls. At that point, he is on the ground on the driver's side of the vehicle.

The next time he is seen on video is the bystander video where Floyd is now face down on the ground on the passenger side of the vehicle. Officer Chauvin has his knee on Floyd's neck, Officer Thao is standing over them, and Officers Lane and Kueng are at Floyd's feet.

Like you, I have no idea what happened in between. There is surveillance video that captured all of it; however, only part of it has been released.

This is a news clip that shows the surveillance camera video from across the street. I don't know how much was released to the media, but, the news only shows it up to the point Floyd falls stepping off the curb.

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

There are four officers involved: Officer Chauvin (the one who had his knee on Floyd's neck), Officer Thao (the one standing in the video), Officer Lane, and Officer Kueng. From the video I have seen, it appears as if Officers Lane and Kueng are the arresting officers. You are right, they arrest Floyd and place handcuffs on him at a vehicle. They then lead him onto the sidewalk. At no point, did I see anything that suggested to me that Floyd was resisting. 

Then there is surveillance footage showing those two officers leading Floyd to a patrol vehicle across the street. As Floyd steps off the curb, he falls. At that point, he is on the ground on the driver's side of the vehicle.

The next time he is seen on video is the bystander video where Floyd is now face down on the ground on the passenger side of the vehicle. Officer Chauvin has his knee on Floyd's neck, Officer Thao is standing over them, and Officers Lane and Kueng are at Floyd's feet.

Like you, I have no idea what happened in between. There is surveillance video that captured all of it; however, only part of it has been released.

This is a news clip that shows the surveillance camera video from across the street. I don't know how much was released to the media, but, the news only shows it up to the point Floyd falls stepping off the curb.

I think that footage is very important.  The narrative is a compliant man was executed on the street in broad daylight.  The unreleased video may actually support that narrative, making a horrible situation that much worse.  On the other hand, if Floyd resisted or reacted violently, at least you can process how things went from A to Z in about 3 minutes. Maybe there is something to learn from for future situations beyond what is painfully obvious. 

• Like (+1) 3

The public response and media coverage of this is absolutely disgusting. I can't recall ever having seen such a widespread rush to virtue signal. Trayvon Martin doesn't hold a candle to this guy. My FB feed is filled with uber sanctimonious LAMPs, even from people I wouldn't expect it from.

An incident involving the use of excessive force by police that leads to the unnecessary death of a citizen is a terrible thing. Exploiting that death to create the false impression that there is a national trend of racially motivated violence against black men is also a terrible thing.

While we don't know the exact details about how this transpired, it seems clear the officers' actions were unwarranted. It seems equally clear that to this point we have seen no compelling evidence to suggest this was racially motivated or that there was any intent to kill.

The lack of evidence is irrelevant to the ignorant masses because the contrived media narrative fills in those gaps and cognitive bias confirms it. No further evidence is necessary.

The bigger point is that even if this was clearly and unquestionably an intentional killing motivated solely by race it would still fail to support the premise being pushed.

The general public is now accepting the false narrative that black men face a statistically substantial threat of death at the hands of white men/police based on two relatively ambiguous anecdotes in a country of 350 million people.

There is no empirical data to support this premise, but it is treated as fact based on anecdotal evidence, which is inherently unreliable.

A fact that everyone knows, but few will say, is that if George Floyd or the "jogger" were white you'd never have heard about them. We know this to be true because examples of white people being killed by police (or black men, for that matter) exist but never spark national outrage.

A few years ago body cam footage was released of an officer gunning down a young unarmed white guy at point blank range while he was surrendering and trying to comply with the officer's incomprehensible orders. It barely registered with the national media. No mayors gave crocodile tear filled speeches decrying the inhumanity of his "murder," nobody rioted in "protest", and no news outlets declared that it established proof of a national crisis.

The danger in creating the false perception of a crisis when that crisis does not exist is that it results in detrimental measures intended to address a situation that can never be remediated. 

When anecdotal evidence passes for empirical evidence the charade can effectively be continued into perpetuity because with such a large sample size it is statistically impossible to create a society in which the rate of similar incidents is zero.

One might ask what objective those perpetuating this myth seek to accomplish. It is hard to conceive of a positive outcome arising from this. This looks like another move in the media's unending quest to divide Americans along racial lines. Perhaps they seek to divide so that they may conquer.

The real questions raised by this incident are: whose conquest are they facilitating and for what purpose.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

White guy shows up with mask and hammer at the site of the first Minneapolis protest and starts breaking out windows at the Autozone. Gets accosted by protesters for breaking the windows. The locals ask if he's as a cop. 

Edited by Motorin'

16 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

The public response and media coverage of this is absolutely disgusting. I can't recall ever having seen such a widespread rush to virtue signal. Trayvon Martin doesn't hold a candle to this guy. My FB feed is filled with uber sanctimonious LAMPs, even from people I wouldn't expect it from.

An incident involving the use of excessive force by police that leads to the unnecessary death of a citizen is a terrible thing. Exploiting that death to create the false impression that there is a national trend of racially motivated violence against black men is also a terrible thing.

While we don't know the exact details about how this transpired, it seems clear the officers' actions were unwarranted. It seems equally clear that to this point we have seen no compelling evidence to suggest this was racially motivated or that there was any intent to kill.

The lack of evidence is irrelevant to the ignorant masses because the contrived media narrative fills in those gaps and cognitive bias confirms it. No further evidence is necessary.

The bigger point is that even if this was clearly and unquestionably an intentional killing motivated solely by race it would still fail to support the premise being pushed.

The general public is now accepting the false narrative that black men face a statistically substantial threat of death at the hands of white men/police based on two relatively ambiguous anecdotes in a country of 350 million people.

There is no empirical data to support this premise, but it is treated as fact based on anecdotal evidence, which is inherently unreliable.

A fact that everyone knows, but few will say, is that if George Floyd or the "jogger" were white you'd never have heard about them. We know this to be true because examples of white people being killed by police (or black men, for that matter) exist but never spark national outrage.

A few years ago body cam footage was released of an officer gunning down a young unarmed white guy at point blank range while he was surrendering and trying to comply with the officer's incomprehensible orders. It barely registered with the national media. No mayors gave crocodile tear filled speeches decrying the inhumanity of his "murder," nobody rioted in "protest", and no news outlets declared that it established proof of a national crisis.

The danger in creating the false perception of a crisis when that crisis does not exist is that it results in detrimental measures intended to address a situation that can never be remediated. 

When anecdotal evidence passes for empirical evidence the charade can effectively be continued into perpetuity because with such a large sample size it is statistically impossible to create a society in which the rate of similar incidents is zero.

One might ask what objective those perpetuating this myth seek to accomplish. It is hard to conceive of a positive outcome arising from this. This looks like another move in the media's unending quest to divide Americans along racial lines. Perhaps they seek to divide so that they may conquer.

The real questions raised by this incident are: whose conquest are they facilitating and for what purpose.

I assure you I am not a SJW but this video is one of the worst things I have ever seen by a police officer. Obviously the looting is unrelated to the proper outrage but this one of the first times the SJW narrative seems to be correct and I agree these cops need to be charged

19 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

If this the one in the hotel in AZ, the cop clearly executed the guy...on video...and I also believe he had a history of excessive force complaints. Found not guilty. Must have missed those news stories.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I assure you I am not a SJW but this video is one of the worst things I have ever seen by a police officer. Obviously the looting is unrelated to the proper outrage but this one of the first times the SJW narrative seems to be correct and I agree these cops need to be charged

There’s video of the incident he’s referencing. Funny how that one never made it to the mainstream media.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The point is not that the cops should be exonerated. The point is that the incident does not support the broader conclusion that it's open season on black men across the country. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Do we have any videos of Floyd BEFORE he was cuffed?

Maybe it would give us a better inclination as to why that cop kneeled on his neck.

That cop should have NEVER kneeled on his neck when Floyd was already cuffed.

There probably will be a lot more to this case, so I will wait for more evidence.

At first glance though, all 4 cops should go down and go down hard.

I don't get it.  It seems like there's always video of before and after, but not of the start of the actual encounter.  

43 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

White guy shows up with mask and hammer at the site of the first Minneapolis protest and starts breaking out windows at the Autozone. Gets accosted by protesters for breaking the windows. The locals ask if he's as a cop. 

“a cop”

:lol: 

Odds are much higher he’s paid by GS groups. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Anyone watching whats happening in Minneapolis?

News Alert May 29, 12:11 AM

Protesters in Minneapolis breach police precinct on third night of demonstrations over death of man in custody

People were gathering in cities across the country to protest the death of 46-year-old George Floyd.
In Minneapolis, where Floyd died, a hundreds-strong march demanded that four now-fired officers be arrested in a case that has generated nationwide outrage. The protesters set fires outside the precinct and ran through the empty facility after police fled the scene.

Read more »
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Hedge said:

The previous precinct that was burned was the 3rd. Another one is also in danger.

Where is the order to abandon the precincts coming from?

It almost looks like a trap. It definitely encourages the rioters to continue.

Current hot spots include: Minneapolis, Denver, Columbus, Louisville, Nashville, Phoenix, Los Angeles, and probably more that I missed.

What was done to George Floyd may have very well been murder, but the timing of this is interesting. Just as COVID restrictions begin to be eased, we have multi city riots. Aside from the normal crew of BLM, Antifa, and Soros agitators, I wouldn't be surprised if there are also knowingly infected COVID operatives circulating among the crowds, ranting and raving with spittle flying. Wait a few weeks, give it a couple of hops, and soon does this result in new virus flare ups, and a call to reverse the opening of the country...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have never been a cop but how hard it is to maintain control of a guy that is cuffed on his belly? I am sorry but I see no defense at all for what that cop did and he should be charged.

Especially when the guy's screaming I can't breathe which is why it got the attention of the bystanders.  I was surprised with how quickly they were fired.  Pry to prevent mass protests and riots which didn't appear to work.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Can you imagine if the Vikings win a Super Bowl?  We'll need to deploy the entire US military.