Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

This was one of the Twitter sources that said yesterday he had heard the terms had been met on a 3 year deal

@reinagel_daniel

Per source close to Incognito, nothing new to report except that we will know in 48 or less hours if he will return or not. #Bills

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how important Incognito was for the running game this past season, I really think that he is a must sign. I don't think we will be able to find a replacement that will be able to play at his level, particularly with our salary cap constraints.

Have you read the Jahri Evans thread?

This was one of the Twitter sources that said yesterday he had heard the terms had been met on a 3 year deal

@reinagel_daniel

Per source close to Incognito, nothing new to report except that we will know in 48 or less hours if he will return or not. #Bills

Take it or leave it offer on the table?

I'm thinking it might be go get your best offer and give us a shot to match it.

I had an employer to that to me. Once I found an offer and went through that grind, I wouldn't consider them

That article of RI in the Buff News made it feel like he was a goner

Whaley claimed he was a " priorty" to resign IMO that was just smoke.

Why?

Perhaps he was a priority, yet his demands are much higher than what the team feels he should be paid.

We shall see soon enough; no reason to speculate at this point

Why?

Perhaps he was a priority, yet his demands are much higher than what the team feels he should be paid.

We shall see soon enough; no reason to speculate at this point

Sure it's speculation. Listening to his interview on his high opinion of Roman. then media reports saying he was lowballed, then no contact for 4 days. leads me to believe they want a bargin or the BS hometown discount. Personally most if not all people want to be paid market value. maybe the Bills offer is below that. Even thouugh he has said multiple times he wants to come back.

Is this team and Whaley truly focused on winning? Or just happy with medicority?

Edited by Best Player Available

That scenario would make a ton of sense.

As perturbed as i am the deal is not already done. This concept of " give us a chance to match" is really quite wise.

and so much of this can be posturing for the general audience or even players waiting for a new contract.

let me say this though. If they do match they had sure better find away to make sure he is glad of his decision. Thats is huge when hiring an employee.

Possibly Marios fridge to shoot up with a shotgun or rpg's.

I hope they don't offer anything stupid to keep him. He is 33 and had a fine year, but likely to regress. The question is how much and at what cost. i don't want to be sitting here next year at this time and seeing a bad contract over head.

He is replaceable IMO. You make your best offer that fits your cap situation, it would be nice to have him back, but don't go nuts!

I have no insider information...just an intuition that Richie re-signs tomorrow. 3 year deal -- with about $6 million in his pocket and total value $13.5 million...base salaries -- $2 million, $2 million, $3.5 million...cap hit is $4 million in 2016. 10th highest paid guard is $5.2 million per (according to Tyler Dunne's TBN article)...this is an age discount.

Wood extends to get the Bills about $3 million in room.

Wednesday, Gilmore signs a deal that nets the Bills about $5 million in space in 2016 - 5 years $52.5 million;

By the end of the month, Glenn signs a deal that is 5 years, $58 million and nets Bills another $5 million in space.

The Bills go from there...bringing in 3 ex-Jets for the D...

Jim Overdorf gets a raise and a kiss on the cheek from Kim...he blushes...

I have no insider information...just an intuition that Richie re-signs tomorrow. 3 year deal -- with about $6 million in his pocket and total value $13.5 million...base salaries -- $2 million, $2 million, $3.5 million...cap hit is $4 million in 2016. 10th highest paid guard is $5.2 million per (according to Tyler Dunne's TBN article)...this is an age discount.

Wednesday, Gilmore signs a deal that nets the Bills about $5 million in space in 2016 - 5 years $52.5 million;

By the end of the month, Glenn signs a deal that is 5 years, $58 million and nets Bills another $5 million in space.

Lol. Thanks I was wondering what was going to happen. Who wins presidential election Nostra?

Sure it's speculation. Listening to his interview on his high opinion of Roman. then media reports saying he was lowballed, then no contact for 4 days. leads me to believe they want a bargin or the BS hometown discount. Personally most if not all people want to be paid market value. maybe the Bills offer is below that. Even thouugh he has said multiple times he wants to come back.

Is this team and Whaley truly focused on winning? Or just happy with medicority?

Is this a serious question?

I would love to sign him and I feel like this might be a problem that Bills might be facing this year, not having money to do the things they want. The fact that they couldn't get a deal done with Glenn worried me but they must have some sort of plan though I strongly doubt they are just scrambling uncontrollably, looking for pennies under their couch cushions.

Considering how important Incognito was for the running game this past season, I really think that he is a must sign. I don't think we will be able to find a replacement that will be able to play at his level, particularly with our salary cap constraints.

Do you really understand or watch the guard play throughout the league to make that statement? If you do, kudos. I just can honestly admit I don't spend time honing in on guards around the league to say he can't be replaced.

Do you really understand or watch the guard play throughout the league to make that statement? If you do, kudos. I just can honestly admit I don't spend time honing in on guards around the league to say he can't be replaced.

I think the only thing we need to look at was the guard play the previous year. It was brutal. Chris Williams, Cyril Richardson and to a lesser degree Urbik. Richie really did wonders for the line. Continuity for the leagues top rush O would be nice.

Finding anyone - including Richie himself - to play at the level he did in 2015 will be tough. The Eagles game apart he was a stud.

No matter if he's a priority or not, you set a max number you're willing to give each player. It's basic budgeting really. Certain things in my life are a priority, but I'm not going to overspend on them.

No matter if he's a priority or not, you set a max number you're willing to give each player. It's basic budgeting really. Certain things in my life are a priority, but I'm not going to overspend on them.

Well then they must have forgot how a calculator works when they traded then extended the crazy McCoy deal. Doubtful they budgeted that kind of money for a back. No matter how good he has been. And His undying love for the Eagle at mid field in Philly.

Personally I'd bag all this nonsense and go for the kiss! And hopefully end it with Kim saying Terry who??

I had an employer to that to me. Once I found an offer and went through that grind, I wouldn't consider them

No offense but the "grind" you went through probably didn't involve Tempo or being put up at the nicest hotel in town.

I don't think NFL players view shopping themselves around quite the same way you or I would.

Well then they must have forgot how a calculator works when they traded then extended the crazy McCoy deal. Doubtful they budgeted that kind of money for a back. No matter how good he has been. And His undying love for the Eagle at mid field in Philly.

It is crazy. Anyone else notice that the running game was still pretty good even with Shady on the sidelines? This FO saw first hand what a top OG can do for not only the pass / run game, but in making the two players along side of him better players.

Unless it's a ridiculous amount, pay the guy. Then sign Jahri Evans to play RG :D

Rumors that Osemele is going to get 10m+/yr and Boone is going to get 8m+ don't bode well

I think a case can be made for Osemele getting paid large, but $8M for Boone? I think we're seeing agents trying to drive up prices during the legal tampering period. Things always get a little crazy around now. Let's see where things land. Of course, it only takes one team.....

I think a case can be made for Osemele getting paid large, but $8M for Boone? I think we're seeing agents trying to drive up prices during the legal tampering period. Things always get a little crazy around now. Let's see where things land. Of course, it only takes one team.....

$10M could be a bargain for Osemele at LT. Wish we could sign Glenn for that #

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Offer-Kelechi-Osemele-Aggressive-Deal/8b589dda-247a-4dec-b27b-75817071d887

Alex Boone projected market value $2.6M , that's better

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/alex-boone/market-value/

Edited by ALF

I think the only thing we need to look at was the guard play the previous year. It was brutal. Chris Williams, Cyril Richardson and to a lesser degree Urbik. Richie really did wonders for the line. Continuity for the leagues top rush O would be nice.

Not really. We need to decide if Cog is asking for ridiculous money and if there's another guard out there in FA with comparable skills for the money we're offering him. It's the prudent thing to do and appears that's what we are doing with Evans coming in.

Rumors that Osemele is going to get 10m+/yr and Boone is going to get 8m+ don't bode well

Osemele I can see--he's the best guard in football (with a nod to Kyle Long as well), and he can play tackle in a pinch.

Boone for $8M? Hadn't seen that...

$10M could be a bargain for Osemele at LT. Wish we could sign Glenn for that #

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Offer-Kelechi-Osemele-Aggressive-Deal/8b589dda-247a-4dec-b27b-75817071d887

Alex Boone projected market value $2.6M , that's better

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/alex-boone/market-value/

he won't be a LT presumably - that is for him to play guard.

Osemele I can see--he's the best guard in football (with a nod to Kyle Long as well), and he can play tackle in a pinch.

Boone for $8M? Hadn't seen that...

probably agents talking through the shills... But lots of teams interested in Boone so price will be jacked up

The Ravens want Kelechi Osemele to be their left tackle.

Baltimore is putting its money where its mouth is, offering Osemele a deal that would, according to multiple reports, make Osemele the second-highest paid offensive player on the team behind quarterback Joe Flacco.

Baltimore is putting its money where its mouth is, offering Osemele a deal that would, according to multiple reports, make Osemele the second-highest paid offensive player on the team behind quarterback Joe Flacco.

Then the door is open for Eugene Monroe to come right on over to Buffalo

That's good if the Ravens are planning on playing him at left tackle because then it sets the average for Glenn and doesn't give Incognito a reason to look for that amount to play guard.

No offense but the "grind" you went through probably didn't involve Tempo or being put up at the nicest hotel in town.

I don't think NFL players view shopping themselves around quite the same way you or I would.

And some players appear to do job hunting just to be wined and dined then return to their team.

I did that once, was flown to Florida, put up in hotel, had expense voucher and car and never intended on taking job. Never even applied for it but they called me cold from some database.

Edited by Koolaid

everything I have read is that he is going to be a Guard for the Raiders and now this

@rand_getlin

When the market opens tomorrow, Kelechi Osemele will become the newest member of the #Raiders. The two sides have an agreement in principle.

Osemele's market was incredibly hot. When the deal is announced, it'll blow the top off of the OG market. Huge get for the #Raiders.

@spotrac

Calculated value of $9.7M, but the Raiders likely went north of $10M to get their guy early.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I would never pay a guard that kind of money. I just don't see the bang for the buck.

If I told you you could have the best guard in NFL history (I wouldn't know who to name but stay with me) for $10 million it still seems like even that guy can only have so much impact on your offense given his position.