Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

It's probably not as pronounced as the report claims.

I've said all along that the winning approach, IMO, would be to give him a 2-year deal worth $7.5M that's fully guaranteed.

You can structure it with $3M and $4.5M cap hits to keep the impact relatively low, he gets his guaranteed money (more than the $5M that Boling got), he gets to stay here, and he gets the chance to get one more contract if he can still play in 2 years.

Two years / 7.5m seems awfully low, to me, for a top 5-7 guard in the league. Even if you wanna say top 10.

That puts Incog at less than 4m while Iupati signed for 8m annually. Incognito's age = shorter deal = lower signing bonus = less risk to the team. But his strong play means he's worth at least half a Lou Potty, imo. Around 5m, maybe a bit more seems fair to both sides.

Edited by Aaron

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver lining. If Glenn struggles without playing next to an All-Pro next year, his asking price drops.

That could happen but that also implies they won't get a deal done before the season. I think they will because of cap concerns, so it could be a recipe for disaster. Overpaying a "good" LT only to watch him regress next to an average or below average replacement at LG.

Silver lining. If Glenn struggles without playing next to an All-Pro next year, his asking price drops.

wait a minute. Glenn plays worse is a silver lining?

a bit odd

you know the meaning of silver lining perhaps not, My Friend Chan?

Two years / 7.5m seems awfully low, to me, for a top 5-7 guard in the league. Even if you wanna say top 10.

That puts Incog at less than 4m while Iupati signed for 8m annually. Incognito's age = shorter deal = lower signing bonus = less risk to the team. But his strong play means he's worth at least half a Lou Potty, imo. Around 5m, maybe a bit more seems fair to both sides.

5+ for two at least.

Good teams don't pay 33 year old free agents big money or give them long term deals- sorry. At this point he is worth barely over the league minimum, despite his awesome year last year.

Evan Mathis got a 1 year $2.5 million deal from the Broncos at 33 last year after getting cut by the Eagles. I think Ritchie's worth at least that.

Edited by The Jokeman

That could happen but that also implies they won't get a deal done before the season. I think they will because of cap concerns, so it could be a recipe for disaster. Overpaying a "good" LT only to watch him regress next to an average or below average replacement at LG.

lets keep mixing and matching till we all die from old age?

Or stick with what worked?

I don't know.

i would think experience should be a teacher.

pay the left side then fix that horrid right side and go win the trenches

Evan Mathis got a 1 year $2.5 million deal from the Broncos at 33 last year after getting cut by the Eagles. I think Ritchie's worth at least that.

did he probowl?

Silver lining. If Glenn struggles without playing next to an All-Pro next year, his asking price drops.[/quote

You think if they don't re-sign Incognito and Glenn's play suffers as a result that he'd be for sure out the door? You're dreaming.

It's definitely low for a total money amount, but it IS fully guaranteed.

That's the carrot; it's possible that the total number may need to be higher

Silver lining. If Glenn struggles without playing next to an All-Pro next year, his asking price drops.[/quote

You think if they don't re-sign Incognito and Glenn's play suffers as a result that he'd be for sure out the door? You're dreaming.

Where did I say this? Maybe you're the one dreaming.

wait a minute. Glenn plays worse is a silver lining?

a bit odd

you know the meaning of silver lining perhaps not, My Friend Chan?

5+ for two at least.

A small good thing from a large bad thing.

Is Glenn playing okay in 2016 and being able to re-sign him more beneficial than him playing at an unaffordable All-Pro level?

Anyone else think that Mathis' one year, $2.5M deal with Denver just MIIIIIIGHT have been a little bit about ring chasing?

The year prior, like Ritchie, yes he did.

then i am on board! thanks Jman !!

Is Glenn playing okay in 2016 and being able to re-sign him more beneficial than him playing at an unaffordable All-Pro level?

If we lose a solid LG to prove a point? yes.

Anyone else think that Mathis' one year, $2.5M deal with Denver just MIIIIIIGHT have been a little bit about ring chasing?

nope. never.

but now i have : )

" If Glenn struggles without playing next to an All-Pro next year, his asking price drops."

That wouldn't make his price drop, it'd make it almost assured that he'd be gone.

" If Glenn struggles without playing next to an All-Pro next year, his asking price drops."

That wouldn't make his price drop, it'd make it almost assured that he'd be gone.

Why? You think he'd get more on the open market?

Well then the gold lining must be for the Bills to re-sign Richie and then they both suck. Imagine the leverage they'd have then?

Well then the gold lining must be for the Bills to re-sign Richie and then they both suck. Imagine the leverage they'd have then?

We lost Ritchie once in free agency, to do it again be foolish. Granted I trust Whaley more than Nix as he seems to get how to build a team.

I never fully trust "sources." But I get both sides. RI had a good season and wants to get paid. The Bills don't want to pay big money to an older G who may still be a crazy person.

As much as he helped Glenn, I think Glenn being fully healthy was a huge benefit. I still think you can't pay Gs too much money. They are replaceable as long as you have a better plan than C Brown.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

We lost Ritchie once in free agency, to do it again be foolish. Granted I trust Whaley more than Nix as he seems to get how to build a team.

I dont trust him at all.

But i do hope he knows what is right.

I never fully trust "sources." But I get both sides. RI had a good season and wants to get paid. The Bills don't want to pay big money to an older G who may still be a crazy person.

As much as he helped Glenn, I think Glenn being fully healthy was a huge benefit. I still think you can't pay Gs too much money. They are replaceable as long as you have a better plan than C Brown.

or doug legursky or ......

The bills didn't lose him. They didn't want him.

hmmm..

a bit of politics perhaps?

or chris williams. how many million was that for 4 games?