Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, depending on how the contract is structured I'm pretty sure we might have enough left to get a day 2 or 3 free agent like we did with Graham and Lawson.

If the first year is in the $4M-$4.5M range, which I suspect, then they'll have about $3M in space to spend once 4:00 p.m. tomorrow hits.

If the first year is in the $4M-$4.5M range, which I suspect, then they'll have about $3M in space to spend once 4:00 p.m. tomorrow hits.

Hmm, I might take that back then. Hopefully you free up a little more by locking up Glenn and Gilmore long term, but at this point we just have room for the rookies.

Hmm, I might take that back then. Hopefully you free up a little more by locking up Glenn and Gilmore long term, but at this point we just have room for the rookies.

Well, I think the plan would be to spend that ~$3M on a key FA or two, and then get Glenn/Gilmore signed to extensions after the draft to create the space required to sign the rookies.

Sure, you're gambling that you can get those two done, but in reality the rookie contracts can wait until June at the earliest.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/08/nfl-free-agency-grades-rumors-contracts

Bills re-sign OG Richie Incognito

Details: Three-year, $15.75 million deal. Probably a smart move for both teams. Incognito still has the lingering stain of the Dolphins scandal (and a bad reputation overall) on him, so he was probably always going to get better money from the Bills. They get their best lineman back with more work to do. Grade: A-