Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

Why do the Raiders keep handing out these contracts and screwing up market value for every other team in the league?

Well we are in fact working on signing our own players for the most part so I would say the draft is working pretty well?

so, you're happy with results s to this point. Let's stay the course. Gotcha.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the Raiders keep handing out these contracts and screwing up market value for every other team in the league?

The concept of capitalism is simple: buyers and sellers of a good/service establish the price in a market based on supply and demand. The price establishes the market. So the Raiders are not screwing up the market anymore more than the Bills did with Mario Williams or Marcel Dareus. The demand for the best guards is high, the supply is low and therefore the price is high. Lesser quality guards (see: Incognito, Richie) are in less demand and hence bring lesser prices from the market. If someone doesn't like the price, the don't pay.

I get where you are coming from, you are suggesting the Raiders overpaid which in turn resets the market higher for players of lower quality. In football, last year's prices are meaningless as the cap increases and teams with lots of money and maybe one glaring hole can go into the market and pay top dollar. It's how this system has worked since its inception.

All in all.... equilibrium reigns over the entire mess.

Let me ask you the same question then? what would you do.

Because i would hope Whaley's counter , as I previously mentioned, had best sway Richie convincingly that he is wanted and respected. I suspect that is done via the details of the deal.

If Whaley has a limit and someone beats it by twenty percent than i guess its no deal, but i would hope Overdorf left some room to bargain against any reasonable offers

LOL

If I was in the twilight of my professional career and an employer offered me a significant increase in salary with the caveat that I had to make a decision at that time? See ya.

If I was in the twilight of my professional career and an employer offered me a significant increase in salary with the caveat that I had to make a decision at that time? See ya.

And that is what i suspect Richie will do.

Business is business.

No offense but the "grind" you went through probably didn't involve Tempo or being put up at the nicest hotel in town.

I don't think NFL players view shopping themselves around quite the same way you or I would.

HAHA no offense taken. I'd have settled for pizza and wings.................or just pizza even

the raiders did this with assoumagi(sp) when they did that 3 year 45 mil all guaranteed deal a while back. just crazy. let's hope they put him at the tackle spot but they already have penn who is a steal at left tackle but getting older

@rand_getlin

For Kelechi Osemele and the #Raiders, the deal they've agreed to in principle will pay him an $11.7M per year base with a max value of $12M.

The highest paid guard in the league has been Mike Iupati at $8M per. This Osemele deal will reset the market in an incredibly radical way.

More on the deal OG Osemele and the #Raiders have agreed to in principle: 5-year deal worth a maximum of $60M (!). Absolutely massive.

Another option

@rapsheet

The #Broncos are releasing guard Louis Vasquez, source said. Clearly some space, as he was to hit at $6.75M.

Yes to this...great run blocker, can play tackle in a pinch, has been very healthy, and has the mobility and size.