Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

Franchising Glenn will take a lot of dough and I think that's what's impacting RI's negotiations, considering the entire cap situation the Bills are in. If OBD can get Glenn into a long term contract, that should free up enough money for RI so long as he and his agents remain rational.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills may kick themselves for doing a one year deal. Richie and his agent have to get all that they can....the guy is becoming ancient by NFL standards....

Not terribly tragic if worst case at this point is a great year for cheap

Problem is....Levitre wasn't pretty either. Keeping him even at a reasonable amount may not have given you production he had previously.

I agree. My point is Bills have not fixed Lg till Cogs and they went through quite a few players while getting QBs mauled and a weak run game besides. I do not care how they fix it but i don't care to watch 3 more seasons of crappy line play.

Looks like Urbik got cut... Could be a domino in this one

what!!!

that is a possiblilty.....unlikely....but possible

neither are going to sign before F/A.....why should they.

the bills are going to tag Glenn( update PFT reporting tagged).....probably non exclusive.....if he does get a high offer sheet, bills may elect to not match and take the 2 first round picks.

Richie is going to wherever the highest GUARANTEED money is...... this is his last deal.....it may not be here.

Yeah, I agree on everything except I still think it's a real possibility that RI signs before free agency starts. Word was that he did a good job burning through what he made previously so he's looking for the money that's going to last him for the rest of his life right here and now so, yes, guaranteed money will certainly be huge. Also the tag on Glenn seems like it is inevitable. Hopefully they get a long term deal done after they tag him.

What? A donut hole has a donut around it.

I think he meant donut hole like at Dunkin Donuts - the little donut bite.

Deep breath. Negotiating through the press is nothing new.

Yeah. It could be for a lot of reasons:

- they're far apart and he wants teammates, friends, etc. to put pressure on RI to drop his demands

- they're close and Whaley wants to get the deal done now and on his terms

I don't think it works well in this case either way. RI needs the money so I think that rules the day - besides, this is what agents are for. He does seem to be an emotional guy at times and public negotiating can push those buttons, though.

It'd be a shame to lose RI as he's the Bills' best offensive lineman right now. I'll say it again, the Bills only had three OLmen that really should have been starting in the NFL last season - Glenn, RI and Wood. They have to keep those three together if reasonably feasible.

He helped Cordy Glenn look better this year and the tag will cost the Bills approx $13m on him. And we're supposed to think Incognito is unreasonable for asking market value. At 33, they should have known it was coming.

based on Cogs age and despite his great season. At this point in his career OBD has to (if they are smart) to be thinking longer term. The O-line seems not to be a Whaley strength in drafting.

You bet I am.

HILARIOUS !!!

He helped Cordy Glenn look better this year and the tag will cost the Bills approx $13m on him. And we're supposed to think Incognito is unreasonable for asking market value. At 33, they should have known it was coming.

He helped Eric Wood look better you mean. Eric should be chipping in ; )

Our salary cap is killing us this year, that has not been an issue since the 90s. The franchise tag will be high for Glenn if it is 13.7mil for RT this year I am sure left will be 18 or more.

HILARIOUS !!!

He helped Eric Wood look better you mean. Eric should be chipping in ; )

I agree with you on this completely, he lost his Louisville mean streak

Our salary cap is killing us this year, that has not been an issue since the 90s. The franchise tag will be high for Glenn if it is 13.7mil for RT this year I am sure left will be 18 or more.

The tag for Glenn is $13.7M. It also does not distinguish between left and right tackle.

I agree with you on this completely, he lost his Louisville mean streak

Still keeping those 3 together is important.

QBs live matter !