Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

I don't think it's too much to ask that he gives the Bills a fairer shot than the open market. This payday doesn't exist without the Bills.

I guess I'm saying he should be grateful. Teams weren't banging his door down a year ago for reasons of his own creation.

Understand the sentiment. But he did well exceed his salary last year. Maye Bills owe him ?

Definitely the receptionist who gave EJ a big hug on draft weekend.

But seriously, I'm willing to wager the Bills sign him. That this is ALL smoke.

: )

Sure hope so!

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with all the restructuring of contracts and letting go Mario, I thought the Bills could afford both?

CBF

they can if they work it right and he's asking for what he's really worth - but - he could be pricing himself too high for his actual value. Another team with cap to burn and the need to hit the minimum spending could put together a deal way bigger than the Bills could (or should). Still sucks either way.

Chicken Little is back?

yes, once I have a chance to change my profile pic. Really, he's always lurking...

Understand the sentiment. But he did well exceed his salary last year. Maye Bills owe him ?

His salary last year was his value due to his circumstances. He was a big risk and it paid off for both parties.

The team don't really owe him anything more than fair compensation. If he can get more elsewhere, good luck to him. I'd just like to see him show an awareness of the situation.

I was worried about this. We got a discount on him last year and we were rewarded for it with Pro Bowl play. He doesn't owe us anything more. Expecting to get him for less than market value was a pipe dream.

Agree 100%.

This is more of a Bills salary cap management problem (and can't afford him) rather than the narrative that Richie Incognito owes the Bills somehow.

His salary last year was his value due to his circumstances. He was a big risk and it paid off for both parties.

The team don't really owe him anything more than fair compensation. If he can get more elsewhere, good luck to him. I'd just like to see him show an awareness of the situation.

Let me rephrase, did anyone expect a pro bowl season and leader from him? I think he well exceeded expectations.

Playing devils advocate a little for you Bloke!

If they sign Father Cro and not Richie I will show up at OBD with pitchforks

I will be right behind you with the torches

Agree 100%.

This is more of a Bills salary cap management problem (and can't afford him) rather than the narrative that Richie Incognito owes the Bills somehow.

The two are not related. You've been shown multiple times that they can sign him without doing cap gymnastics.

The issue appears to be that he wants a premium guard contract ($6M-$7M per year AAV), but that the Bills don't want to pay a 33-year old guard that they plucked off the street that kind of money.

If they were going to spend at that rate, they may as well go get Kelechi Osemele

Edited by thebandit27

Agree 100%.

yep. simple as that

The two are not related. You've been shown multiple times that they can sign him without doing cap gymnastics.

The issue appears to be that he wants a premium guard contract ($6M-$7M per year AAV), but that the Bills don't want to pay a 33-year old guard that they plucked off the street that kind of money.

not to be rude, but is # real?

not to be rude, but is # real?

I don't know what he's asking for, but I would think that a contract similar to Clint Boling's deal would make sense, and Boling signed for $5.2M per last year. Boling, however, was 26 when he signed.

For a 33-year old guard, $4.5M per would probably be right. If they're upset with what he's asking for, that would seem to imply that he wants significantly more than that.

Let me rephrase, did anyone expect a pro bowl season and leader from him? I think he well exceeded expectations.

Playing devils advocate a little for you Bloke!

I certainly didn't, that's for sure. I've said it multiple times recently that I'm just happy that Richie seems to be in a better place mentally than he probably has been since before his college days. He impressed on and off the field and the amount of interest in him is a credit to his rehabilitation.

I think he still represents a risk factor for a big contract though. I wouldn't chase him with an open chequebook given his age. I'd like him back but not at any cost.

It's not the end of the world if he leaves and I'd get it if he does. It would sting a little for the reasons previously discussed though.