Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

Feel free to look back at my posts on the subject. Posted this early into the season. Incognito wants to be paid like a Pro Bowl guard. Bills saying he doesn't have that type of value because of his past and age and want him at less than market value given the circumstances. It was inevitable that there would be a clash. Now that they released one of Incognito's best friends on the team in Urbik I don't think he's going to be jumping through hoops to give the Bills any kind of discount. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits free agency

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to look back at my posts on the subject. Posted this early into the season. Incognito wants to be paid like a Pro Bowl guard. Bills saying he doesn't have that type of value because of his past and age and want him at less than market value given the circumstances. It was inevitable that there would be a clash. Now that they released one of Incognito's best friends on the team in Urbik I don't think he's going to be jumping through hoops to give the Bills any kind of discount. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits free agency

Other than Ferrari automakers I think his past history is not that big of a concern anymore. he knows he has a couple of years (maybe) to make some serious money. Then it's over. he won't screw that up. I really can't believe I am now in his corner. But last year was awesome for the guy and the run game. if this hang up including the media hyperbole sure to continue. And say they are within say a million a year. The Bills would be foolish not to pay There are a number of Bills way overpaid on the roster now. Not named Ritchie.

why didn't the bills sign him to a longer deal initially that they easily could have gotten out of ?

That is a really interesting question. I don't remember any specifics around the time of the signing. Maybe that's all Richie was willing to sign for at a price the Bills were willing to pay.

So what if you gave him a chance?

He played lights out all season and went to the Pro Bowl

Pay the man.

Dont be cheap and expect a discount just because you gave him a chance.

Yes you gave him a chance and he rewarded you with a Pro Bowl season

CBF

+1. Pay the damn man! Tired of the Bills letting go of solid key players throughout the year. He made the Pro Bowl and deserves a paycheck. Offer him a bit more!

Only thing I don't know is, what is he asking for?

+1. Pay the damn man! Tired of the Bills letting go of solid key players throughout the year. He made the Pro Bowl and deserves a paycheck. Offer him a bit more!

Only thing I don't know is, what is he asking for?

well I'm assuming it's a lot compared to his value but who knows. FA market value is skewed in his favor as there is a lot of money out there. Bears, Raiders, Jags, Rams, NYG all have a ton of space.

It's been reported he wants to stay and I doubt the Bills are actually low balling him as the media wants to make it sound. I remember the Bills releasing numbers to the media on the Dareus deal and then saying the talks were stalling to put pressure on the agent. I think he signed the following week.

He wants Pro Bowl guard money. But he's not your typical Pro Bowl (replacement) guard. He has a past and to say teams out there will overlook that is silly. He played nice and he will get some offers but hes not going to see the same offers he would have if he didn't have a past. But you never know, there might be a super desperate team that will show him the money. Don't know if that's a risk the Bills are willing to take

Eric Wood still remains......who is his buddy

Pay the man.

CBF

And they could have easily cut him if he didn't perform well in camp, so they gave themselves a chance to get a good player and he delivered. If they gave him a 2 year deal and this was the contract year - I could see the Bills having a point. But to expect a discount because of just an opportunity to come to camp when all the risk was on him - that's garbage IMO.

RI's contract demands are those of his agent. Most players depend on agents to get as much as they can for them. And agents, of course, play the game because they're cut will be bigger. Many a player has left a team that they enjoyed playing on and really wanted to stay with because their agents convinced them to go after the bigger bucks. Hopefully, RI will only play that game to a point, otherwise we're in very big trouble.

Pay the man.

CBF

I agree.

But this is the Buffalo Bills who have a history of thinking OG's are a dime a dozen. I kinda knew he would want the going rate for a top OG and he played well enough last year to deserve it.

The top is 8.5 and Cogs sure as hell is better then Levitre who is getting 7.8 from the Falcons. The demand is far greater than the supply of quality OG's.

Pay him or he is gone and Glenn will look not so great with some bum next to him.

I was worried about this. We got a discount on him last year and we were rewarded for it with Pro Bowl play. He doesn't owe us anything more. Expecting to get him for less than market value was a pipe dream.

On the other hand, this offense suits his skill set very well and he may have trouble in another setting. That's worth something too.

The Bills made it clear when they dumped Levitre that they don't value guard play enough to pay one like an all pro. If that's what Incognito wants, then I have little doubt he will be released.

I thought this **** was supposed to stop when the old man died.

Bills fans are cheap. Edited by vincec

On the other hand, this offense suits his skill set very well and he may have trouble in another setting. That's worth something too.

The Bills made it clear when they dumped Levitre that they don't value guard play enough to pay one like an all pro. If that's what Incognito wants, then I have little doubt he will be released.

Bills fans are cheap.

We carry the torch!

JO should have inserted a team option when they did the deal last year and Richie was desperate to resume his NFL career.

How do you know he did not try?

Richie does not owe the Bills a discount. At 33 you have this one last time to try and sign a multi year deal.

Has anyone brought up the fact that Richie may have looked so good last year because he took a year off? i get he was hungry to prove he could play, but that lasts so long.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975