Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

I was dead set against the signing of Richie Incognito. I thought this guy was going to be a bad seed for the Bills. Much to my surprise, he proved me wrong by being a model citizen and playing his ass off for the Bills. We paid the guy $1.1M this year, and he performed at a $7M level. Richie already lost $6M, so why should he give away any more money? Sign the guy to a 3 year, $22-24M deal, with $10M guaranteed. Put in some game and performance bonuses so you make sure he gets to the end of the deal. You gotta pay this guy, he earned it. Richie has already lived up to his end of the bargain, time for the Bills to live up to theirs.

Youre comparing him to guys 3-7 years younger that have no history of issues to get to that price point

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's too much to ask that he gives the Bills a fairer shot than the open market. This payday doesn't exist without the Bills.

I guess I'm saying he should be grateful. Teams weren't banging his door down a year ago for reasons of his own creation.

It's a business.

Youre comparing him to guys 3-7 years younger that have no history of issues to get to that price point

His age already limits the length of the deal and by extension the signing bonus, I feel like a good agent won't allow it to also limit annual take. His camp will argue the short, lower risk deal we get as a result of his age should pay the player what he's worth. Take some off the top for off the field concerns but that'll only go so far at this point. In my opinion his annual compensation shouldn't be too far from the top guards in the league, maybe 5 or 6 million, maybe a bit higher. Edited by Aaron

Pegs is Cheap!

No reason he should take a lesser deal, players need to look out for themselves because the League sure wont when they are done. It's not like he's a QB or Mario who are set for life. Pay the man!

just my daily dose of doom

The Bills do hate you B-)

I don;t blame Incognito for trying to get the best deal for himself. This is likely his last shot at a good contract and he played well enough this past year to get one. I blame the Bills for being in a Cap position that does not allow them to retain a key member of the O-Line. I want Richie back, but I don;t blame himm for seeking the best deal he can get and if that's not with Buffalo, then so be it.

He got his ass kicked vs. Eagles ! He's 33 ! Take the raise that they can give you Richie or leave ! Whaley will find someone !

He got his ass kicked vs. Eagles ! He's 33 ! Take the raise that they can give you Richie or leave ! Whaley will find someone !

Name a single player signed by Whaey on the o-line that is worth anything. i'll wait.

I agree.

But this is the Buffalo Bills who have a history of thinking OG's are a dime a dozen. I kinda knew he would want the going rate for a top OG and he played well enough last year to deserve it.

The top is 8.5 and Cogs sure as hell is better then Levitre who is getting 7.8 from the Falcons. The demand is far greater than the supply of quality OG's.

Pay him or he is gone and Glenn will look not so great with some bum next to him.

A history? One guard a prior regime let walk who turned out was a bust? Okay...history.

I agree.

But this is the Buffalo Bills who have a history of thinking OG's are a dime a dozen. I kinda knew he would want the going rate for a top OG and he played well enough last year to deserve it.

The top is 8.5 and Cogs sure as hell is better then Levitre who is getting 7.8 from the Falcons. The demand is far greater than the supply of quality OG's.

Pay him or he is gone and Glenn will look not so great with some bum next to him.

Do you not see the contradiction in what you're saying here?

You chide the team for thinking OGs are a dime a dozen, yet pay no mind to the fact that the team had the #1 running game in the NFL with a street FA and a 3rd round pick manning the guard spots.

You say that they should pay Richie whatever he wants, but then go on to mention Levitre, who was massively, absurdly overpaid.

If they can make it work with Richie for $4M/year type money, then yes, they should. If he expects a top-tier guard contract, then they should move on and pick up someone like Mathis, Boone, Evans, Schwartz, or Brooks from the FA crop.

You chide the team for thinking OGs are a dime a dozen, yet pay no mind to the fact that the team had the #1 running game in the NFL with a street FA and a 3rd round pick manning the guard spots.

You say that they should pay Richie whatever he wants, but then go on to mention Levitre, who was massively, absurdly overpaid.

If they can make it work with Richie for $4M/year type money, then yes, they should. If he expects a top-tier guard contract, then they should move on and pick up someone like Mathis, Boone, Evans, Schwartz, or Brooks from the FA crop.

Agreed. Richie needs to get paid for Richie. Good for him. The Bills had a statistically strong run game. Was that because of RI or their scheme or both. I say both. But, RI is older, has some issues and the scheme and Roman could have made him look better than he was which was still very good. He did get run over and through in the Philly game. Statistically he was the best Guard in the NFL since 2006. I don't think that was all RI. Nor was he the best Guard in a decade (not even close).

All in all, I believe a poster mentioned Boling was around $5.2 M last year. I think that contract lines up. So, IMO take his age and other potential issues into the equation and I once again agree $4 M/year is about market value. If we need to pay him $5 M I say get it done and IMO the Bills would as well. I am guessing RI is asking for much more. And, he isn't worth MUCH more. If the scheme, Roman and Kromer had something to do with RI being the best Guard in football last year and in the last decade I believe we can replace him. I also believe Glenn was the much more important piece on the left side of the line.

Overall, I hope we sign Richie to a contract and that it will work out for both him and us. But, $5 M/year is the max that should be paid.

This is a business.

If he had a terrible year, they would have let him go.

Since he had a great year, I don't blame him for looking out for himself.

I would hope that he gives the Bills a chance to match his best offer.

If we can't afford him, so be it. He will be 33, after all.

Agreed. Richie needs to get paid for Richie. Good for him. The Bills had a statistically strong run game. Was that because of RI or their scheme or both. I say both. But, RI is older, has some issues and the scheme and Roman could have made him look better than he was which was still very good. He did get run over and through in the Philly game. Statistically he was the best Guard in the NFL since 2006. I don't think that was all RI. Nor was he the best Guard in a decade (not even close).

All in all, I believe a poster mentioned Boling was around $5.2 M last year. I think that contract lines up. So, IMO take his age and other potential issues into the equation and I once again agree $4 M/year is about market value. If we need to pay him $5 M I say get it done and IMO the Bills would as well. I am guessing RI is asking for much more. And, he isn't worth MUCH more. If the scheme, Roman and Kromer had something to do with RI being the best Guard in football last year and in the last decade I believe we can replace him. I also believe Glenn was the much more important piece on the left side of the line.

Overall, I hope we sign Richie to a contract and that it will work out for both him and us. But, $5 M/year is the max that should be paid.

That poster was me :lol: , so naturally I agree!

Well if you want to be able to give extra money to players for having a good season also need to take away from players with bad.

And no Urbik can not be used to threaten Ritchie. I heard he was cut because Ritchie was losing a lot of money to him in poker games and they thought Ritchie would look at this as a bonus.

: )

Richie was not a standard street FA.

That poster was me :lol: , so naturally I agree!

this is going to piss off half of us no matter what happens. Without speaking to dollars, this is more of a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush kinda situation.

We was what he did under Roman and Kromer, next to Glenn and Wood. He did pretty darned alright.

I am not qualified to talk dollars or contract