Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

just for discussion...move eric wood to RG

Glenn, Incognito, Mack, Wood , 1st round pick Jack Conklin

now you've got something

Guys.

Mack is not taking less than his previous deal ($8M/year), or he wouldn't have opted out.

He's most certainly not taking less than what Richie wants.

Wood is not a very good guard; he's a much better center.

I actually don't have a problem with Conklin, but I do think he's a reach at 19. I think they're better off bringing in a vet like Bushrod or Barksdale to compete at RT.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just for discussion...move eric wood to RG

Glenn, Incognito, Mack, Wood , 1st round pick Jack Conklin

now you've got something

I don't know about that. Why is it automatically assumed that Wood can play guard well? Also that isn't the whole equation. Mack is going to get a huge contract. How are the Bills going to afford all of those players? Mack is looking at $10M per year, RI is in line for $5M-$6M per year and Glenn is looking at $11M+ per year. How the hell would the Bills make that work? And, yeah, first year hits can be minimized somewhat, but how about everything beyond that? Plus there is the very real possibility that Wood can't be effective at RG. Edited by BarleyNY

So we were frustrated on tuesday, close on wednesday, and now we're back to frustrated?

:lol: With no relevant comments from the interested parties, let's just roll with the cycle of frustration and being close for entertainment purposes only.

This is a strong DL draft . I would pay Richie , cut Kyle Williams for enough cap space (hate to do it) draft a DT.

After Cyril and Kujo miss , the OL draft is no sure thing.

If they were going to cut Kyle, it would have happened yesterday.

This is a strong DL draft . I would pay Richie , cut Kyle Williams for enough cap space (hate to do it) draft a DT.

After Cyril and Kujo miss , the OL draft is no sure thing.

Yea, good luck to this scouting dept replacing an all-pro LG like Incognito in the draft after the first round. Anyone else recall what this team tried to replace an above-average OG in Andy Levite with?

Five mill for Chris Williams to play 3 games. Colin Brown cut after 6 six games and after the team watched him play in some real games. Doug Legursky as backup center who needed to start at OG was released the next off-season. Sam Young another dud at OG. Lots of fans singing the praises of John Miller in the pre-season and until he actually played. Erik Pears at RG was the worst idea ever!!

Not resigning Incognito will have a far more reaching effect for the entire line then just losing one player. It will hinder both the run game and Tyrod's development and also make both players on either side revert back to what they looked like in 2013-2014 or worse if they think Cyril Richardson will fill that role.

He's NOT a 'discount' player. He's a pro bowler. Work out something to get him back here, or be prepared for the O-line to go downhill at the guard position again when another team does pay him what he's worth.

Yes the salary cap situation sucks right now, but find a way to make it work to keep the line together.

He's NOT a 'discount' player. He's a pro bowler. Work out something to get him back here, or be prepared for the O-line to go downhill at the guard position again when another team does pay him what he's worth.

Yes the salary cap situation sucks right now, but find a way to make it work to keep the line together.

Pro Bowler doesn't have the same meaning as it used to. If that were the case, Tyrod Taylor is a Pro Bowl QB in the last year of his contract....shouldn't he be re-signed to a huge deal?

Pro Bowler doesn't have the same meaning as it used to. If that were the case, Tyrod Taylor is a Pro Bowl QB in the last year of his contract....shouldn't he be re-signed to a huge deal?

He's already under contract. RI isn't. If Taylor goes to the Pro Bowl this season he'll be in line for his big payday too.

Evan Mathis is the best comparison to Richie in my mind and last year he over played his hand. He was offered and turned down a 5.5 million deal to play for a contender. He was a pro bowler and 2nd ranked pff og. So that is starting rate for Richie. Add in that he has several off field issues and I have to think the Bills are pushing for the 4 million a year range. Richie probably wants closer to that 5.5. I want them to keep RI but do NOT under any circumstance want to keep him at 5.5 for 3 or so years. Neither of those numbers are good for the Bills.

Yea, good luck to this scouting dept replacing an all-pro LG like Incognito in the draft after the first round. Anyone else recall what this team tried to replace an above-average OG in Andy Levite with?

Five mill for Chris Williams to play 3 games. Colin Brown cut after 6 six games and after the team watched him play in some real games. Doug Legursky as backup center who needed to start at OG was released the next off-season. Sam Young another dud at OG. Lots of fans singing the praises of John Miller in the pre-season and until he actually played. Erik Pears at RG was the worst idea ever!!

Not resigning Incognito will have a far more reaching effect for the entire line then just losing one player. It will hinder both the run game and Tyrod's development and also make both players on either side revert back to what they looked like in 2013-2014 or worse if they think Cyril Richardson will fill that role.

Good post Nil. Don't undervalue RI. He's worth a decent contract. I get the he should be grateful comment, but for him he was out for almost two years with no money and this is it for him. Last contract. He can probably give us three very good years. If we want this #1 running team repeatedly and critical to our offense, then we better have a great OL,