Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

absolutely and I don't think the Bills should overpay for him. Both sides make sense. If Richie can get a big time payday on the market at this age then more power to him. The Bills should not give a 33 yr old G a huge contract. I just hate that he would need replaced.

exactly....its not really him coming back as much as it is needing to replace him

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw numbnut Kornheiser say that. I can guarantee if it were the Patriots, he'd sing a different tune. He's the biggest Brady nuthugger out there.

I saw numbnut Kornheiser say that. I can guarantee if it were the Patriots, he'd sing a different tune. He's the biggest Brady nuthugger out there.

Not defending Kornheiser (didn't see the segment), but I do agree that no player owes their team anything when they reach free agency. This is a league without guaranteed contracts; teams don't have loyalty beyond the season, why should players? As others have pointed out, it's Richie's last chance for a payday in UFA and he missed two prime earning years already. He should do what's best for Richie -- but I think that is coming back to the Bills which I still expect to happen.

I do agree that no player owes their team anything when they reach free agency. This is a league without guaranteed contracts; teams don't have loyalty beyond the season, why should players?

That's not ACTUALLY true.

There are plenty of instances where the Bills have gone easy on players they should have cut or at least forced to take payouts but have cut them slack for one reason or another.

We used to assume in those instances that those players had compromising pictures of Ralph.

A most recent example was Eric Wood.

He was just plain bad in 2013 and 2014.

He deserved a serious paycut and he basically acknowledged that he was not playing well and was afraid he'd be cut because he was making so much coin.

But they didn't force a paycut on him.

Then enter Greg Roman with a new scheme that put them on the move/attack mode versus the physically superior DL they are up against.......and an inside pressure neutralizing mobile QB in Tyrod that put he and Incognito in positions to excel and..........surprise!........they both maxed out in 2015.

I do think it's reasonable for RI to accept discounted deal. I'm not counting on it, but the argument that the Bills are a cut-throat operation that shows no mercy is not correct. Ask Chris Kelsay. :lol:

On the wrong side of thirty, could care less if he returns. Not interested in seeing the Bills hand over a 33 old guard big money when guard is one the easiest position on the line to find a replacement. Alex Boone is younger and would be a much better investment.

Update

Buffalo Football Report Exclusive: Richie Incognito and the Buffalo Bills are close to a new deal.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1647976-bfr-exclusive-billsincognito-close-deal

LOLOLOLOL at most of the posts in this thread.

When will people realize that for the most part, Florio is a dooooooooosh.

Edited by eball

That's what happens in the Cauldron of Crap that is sometimes stirred by Pro Football Talk.

Florio, LaContorta, and a number of others are what suck about NFL "journalism"...

Alex Mack? Who is voiding his $8M/year contract, is somehow going to come here for less than Richie wants?

So, it's his $8m contract that makes him want to get out of Cleveland. I'm not so sure about that.

Moving Wood to Guard and restructure his deal more commensurate with his playing level would free up some cash.

Update Close? --- Because some douches decided to write some hyperbole. Sure maybe he signs today. or maybe the bills are still "frustrated" . One thing for sure is off season blabber is useless. i think the Update-Close! Is premature not a single "reputable" source is running with this. To include OBD.

So, it's his $8m contract that makes him want to get out of Cleveland. I'm not so sure about that.

Moving Wood to Guard and restructure his deal more commensurate with his playing level would free up some cash.

Never said it was the contract.

What I'm saying is that he isn't taking less than Richie, and probably not less than $8M per to boot

Mack wants to be the highest paid center in the NFL - and he likely will be with his next deal. Thats way too rich for the Bills and, quite frankly, why would the Bills go after someone to replace the best offensive lineman they have signed for the 2016 season?

Mack wants to be the highest paid center in the NFL - and he likely will be with his next deal. Thats way too rich for the Bills and, quite frankly, why would the Bills go after someone to replace the best offensive lineman they have signed for the 2016 season?

just for discussion...move eric wood to RG

Glenn, Incognito, Mack, Wood , 1st round pick Jack Conklin

now you've got something

Edited by papazoid

now you've got something

Conklin is a reach at 19 IMO. He's a 2nd rounder at best. I don't think any of the OTs are worth that pick except Tunsil and Stanley who will both be gone. I think a OT would be good pick though at some point, just not the 1st. Edited by YoloinOhio

Conklin is a reach at 19 IMO. He's a 2nd rounder at best. I don't think any of the OTs are worth that pick except Tunsil and Stanley who will both be gone.

actually, i think Conklin will be gone by #19

either way, there is a huge hole at RT

actually, i think Conklin will be gone by #19

either way, there is a huge hole at RT

i agree we don't have a solid starter there, but Seantrel is going to be able to play it sounds like. I don't have much hope for Kouandjoie at this point but it sounds like Mills is coming back for depth and I think they will draft one at some point. Conklin is pretty limited as a prospect.

now you've got something

now you've got something

Obviously no way they pay for both Incognito and Mack, but this would be cool with me.