Buffalo Bills in Movies and TV

cthodge

I was watching Hot Rod this morning (awful movie, I know), but as Andy Samberg was getting ready to do his final jump in the movie, I noticed a man wearing a Travis Henry Bills jersey in the crowd. It just caught my eye and got me thinking, where else have I seen references or signs of the Bills in movies or television shows. Besides movies like Second String and Draft Day, where have you seen the Bills on the screen? The only other one I can think of offhand is Malcolm in the Middle. The brothers had a Bills rug in their room for a majority of the series.

I was watching Hot Rod this morning (awful movie, I know), but as Andy Samberg was getting ready to do his final jump in the movie, I noticed a man wearing a Travis Henry Bills jersey in the crowd. It just caught my eye and got me thinking, where else have I seen references or signs of the Bills in movies or television shows. Besides movies like Second String and Draft Day, where have you seen the Bills on the screen? The only other one I can think of offhand is Malcolm in the Middle. The brothers had a Bills rug in their room for a majority of the series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118789/and the X-Files are the two biggest for me.

I recall, in American Wedding, the guys made a trip into the city to get Michelle's wedding dress. As they headed into town, their was a night time aerial shot in which there was an illuminated Bills logo on the roof of a downtown building.

That Jim Carey movie where is Bruce Almighty set in Buffalo, I thought there was a Bills reference. I know Carey likes Buffalo, and is from Canada.

There was a Sabres reference as the new station covered the team in some of the background shots. But I don't remember a bills one. Could be wrong.

That Jim Carey movie where is Bruce Almighty set in Buffalo, I thought there was a Bills reference. I know Carey likes Buffalo, and is from Canada.

he grew up fairly close to the border and when he was a kid he would watch Irv Weinstein on Channel 7. That's where that came from.

David Milch of Hill St Blues and creator of NYPD Blue (as well as creator of the great Deadwood, which is now getting a movie) is from Buffalo and often put Bills stuff into the background of Hill Street and NYPD Blue. Also Tom Fontana, who was a writer and producer of Homicide: Life on the streets (St. Elsewhere, Oz) is from Buffalo and did the same.

The Jim Carrey movie "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109040/involves a kicker who missed the big kick in a Super Bowl. It's the Dolphins not the Bills but I always thought the kicker was inspired by some weird version of Scott Norwood.

Buffalo 66, to me, is the prime example in this genre with Bruce Almighty leading in the Sabres reference category.

There was a Bills reference in one of the Naked Gun movies

There were Bills references in the 90s Superman series because actor Dean Kane was a Buffalo Bill for a very brief stint in training camp

More to the point, OJ Simpson was a co-star in the first Naked Gun movie, in addition to his otherwise not so illustrious pre-White Bronco chase career.

Buffalo 66 is the first one that comes to my mind. On a sidenote, there are all kinds of crazy stories about Christina Ricci when that movie was being filmed. Apparently she peed on a table at a bar on Chippewa.

First thing that came to my mind was Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs

There was a Bills reference in one of the Naked Gun movies

There were Bills references in the 90s Superman series because actor Dean Kane was a Buffalo Bill for a very brief stint in training camp

show was called "Lois and Clark: the new adventures of superman"...Dean Cain was drafted by Bills to play Safety....in season 2 of the show, Clark Kent bumps into a Bills player on the street and says "Hey don't you play for the Buffalo Bills?"...cant recall the player tho...there are several occasions where Clark refers to the Bills throughout the 4 seasons of the show

I was watching the Kevin Costner new classic Draft Day on Sunday and if there is ANY doubt that Russ is really in charge of football Ops, watch the flick! I'm amazed no conspiracy theorists have called this out...

Lil Wayne has a few Buffalo Bills lyrics too - "I'm all about my Bills like Buffalo", "Two girls on one pole. I don't tip, I pay Bills, ladies call me Buffalo." I think there are a couple others as well.

Just so you know why we can never win a Super Bowl while this guy is still around...

Nice. I have a soundbyte from the xfiles that is on my itunes and randomly plays 'it's a conspiracy. Buffalo will never win a superbowl"

Yup:

ChristinaApplegate3.jpg

It is so sexy when a woman wears Bills gear. Give me that over victorias secret

Edited by Pete

I think there was a made for TV movie about the Bills in the early 2000's. It was on TNT or something like that. It revolved around the team getting food poisoning and using replacement players or some nonsense and it was not very good

Just looked it up- here is the synopsis:

Second String is a direct-to-TV film from 2002 about the Buffalo Bills football team who find its first string (led by real-life Bills quarterback Doug Flutie, who had left the team by the time the film was released) out for a month after a food poisoning incident, leading the team's head coach, "Chuck Dichter" (portrayed by Jon Voight), to hire an insurance salesman named Dan Heller (played by Gil Bellows) as the team's backup quarterback.[1] Teri Polo also appeared as Heller's wife; Flutie, Mike Ditka, Chris Berman, Van Miller, Bills cornerback Donovan Greer and Ken "Pinto Ron" Johnson appear as themselves. The film originally aired on TNT.

Edited by SF Bills Fan

In an episode of Punked, Ashton is wearing a Billls Bledsoe jersey.

In 90210 there is an episode where there is a transfer student from Buffalo and one of the guys say nothing good comes from Buffalo and they lost 3 Super Bowls in a row. The other guy corrects him and said it was 4 in a row.

In the movie Grudge Match Stallone says to De Niro that he had a gambling problem in the 90's and lost all his money betting on the Bills in the Super Bowl. De Niro said they went 4 times in a row, I thought they would win at least one!

In the move Two for the money, Pacino and McConaughey are at dinner and Pacino is talking about someone he doesnt like who asked him who he liked in the Buffalo/Miami game.

McConaughey laughed and said did you tell him Buffalo?

CBF