Meanwhile…at Big Blue HQ

He can't take criticism, which is why things went south so fast here. Coming from SU where everyone worshiped him, he wasn't used to people ripping on him.

If you're a Bills fan, that's what you do.

If you want to save money on car insurance, switch to Geico. :w00t:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is going on here! :wallbash:

-- The Giants interviewed former Bills coach Doug Marrone on Saturday. He appears to be a strong candidate, possibly even a front-runner, as there are some involved with the search who seem focused on finding a coach with previous NFL head-coaching experience. The Giants consider Marrone a program-builder based on his work in the college ranks at Syracuse and their belief that he had the Bills on the right track before taking a $4 million buyout last year after the team was sold. Buffalo was 9-7 in 2014, Marrone's second season there. That is the only winning season the Bills have had since 2004 and just their second since the turn of the century.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/45844/the-latest-on-the-giants-coaching-search

WTF is going on here! :wallbash:

-- The Giants interviewed former Bills coach Doug Marrone on Saturday. He appears to be a strong candidate, possibly even a front-runner, as there are some involved with the search who seem focused on finding a coach with previous NFL head-coaching experience. The Giants consider Marrone a program-builder based on his work in the college ranks at Syracuse and their belief that he had the Bills on the right track before taking a $4 million buyout last year after the team was sold. Buffalo was 9-7 in 2014, Marrone's second season there. That is the only winning season the Bills have had since 2004 and just their second since the turn of the century.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/45844/the-latest-on-the-giants-coaching-search

I'm sold. Let's get this guy!

Oh, wait...

Schefter: Doug Marrone the favorite to succeed Tom Coughlin #Giants nyg.247sports.com/Bolt/Schefter- via @247Sports

http://nyg.247sports.com/Bolt/Schefter-Doug-Marrone-the-favorite-for-Giants-job-42799217

I would have preferred that he go to the Jets, but this will be ok, too. The NY media will have a field day with him.

And the Giants arent an organization to mess around with. Theyre not the struggling Bills, Jags, or Orangemen. They expect to win now, with a QB, WR, and defense that can do it.

I bet he'll be in over his head in NY, which is obviously where we want him to be.

I want to see Marrone embarrass himself out of the league just as much as the next guy for the way he disrespected Buffalo. But the fact is there are plenty of positives in the jags offensive numbers Marrone can point to on the interview trail. He can even present himself as a miracle worker. 32 to 10 in scoring offense. Bortles up more than 20 points in rating and near the top the league (35) in TD passes with Marrone and Hackett.

Instead of calling himself a miracle worker, do you think he could call himself a....saint?

Not sure how this keeps happening, buuuuut Saint Doug being mentioned in the top tier of would-be candidates to replace Coughlin:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/30/who-would-be-the-candidates-to-replace-giants-coughlin/

Sean Payton and Doug Marrone mentioned for the same job... :blink:

I really hope Marrone goes to the Giants if he gets hired at all. With his smug personality he would be destroyed by the media there! I don't think he would last more than a season, maybe two tops.

I know this isn't a popular position in Buffalo but I thing Marrone is a very good head coach. He reminds me a great deal of Bill Parcells, who also didn't set the world on fire his first couple of years as a head coach. I think the guys is very good leader of men, he hold people accountable (which is something that Rex does poorly) and he definitely has the fire in his belly. He had the courage of his convictions to stand up to Whaley on EJ and he is surly as hell, also like the Big Tuna.

The only issue I have with him is he seems to be very very conservative with his offensive approach, 3 yards and a cloud of dust won't work in the NFL today. However that is the same way Parcells started out and he evolved into a risk taker and pretty good offensive balance.

How long before Schefter reports Marrone to Philly?

Over/under is 17 minutes.

I'll take the over for $50 but looking forward to a morning tweet that "Doug Marrone highly sought after but too qualified for positions already filled...may voluntarily choose to remain with substandard Jags O-line".

@SalSports

Looks like Ben McAdoo, not Doug Marrone, is now favorite to be NYG HC, closing in on a deal according to about a thousand reporters on my TL

McAdoo was the favorite from the start; everyone in NYC assumed he'd be the guy. His offense was initially an adjustment for Eli but now it's humming. They didn't want to disrupt that in addition to having to rebuild the defense.