Bills cannot go forward with Rex

Wiz

I don't see how the Bills can keep Rex because of the following:

1-Rex over-promised and under-performed badly.

2-He has undoubtedly lost the defensive personnel. Right or wrong(I believe they're right), they don't believe in his scheme. Don't think that Mario is speaking only for himself.

3-They'll have to re-tool the defensive personnel to suit Rex's scheme while a different coach took the very same players and made them one of the best in the league last year. Makes no sense.

4-Rex has lost the fans. Regardless of how much they will have to pay Rex to go away, by keeping him there will be very few kool-aid drinkers/season ticket buyers. I know I've been a Jim Jones follower season after season and am feeling like a fool.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rex destroyed a good team. He is a terrible, terrible coach and his record proves it. Rex is a loser, below .500. He got lucky once, but his luck has run out and nepotism should no longer be tolerated. Forget the name, look at the results. What Rex did with this team is pitiful and he should be run out of town with pitchforks.

Any half-competent coach that had this talent would have between 9-11 wins right now. The defense did not need a scheme change. Rex is an idiot to think he could make it better by blowing it up.

Marrone's downfall was Hackett. If a decent OC was brought in with Marrone and Shwartz we'd be sitting in the driver's seat in the WC, maybe even challenging the Pats, BUT NO!!!!! ASSCLOWN REX RYAN COMES IN AND F'CKS UP EVERYTHING.

PLEASE REMOVE THIS LOSER FROM ONE BILLS DRIVE.

Wanna bet?

I bet Rex gets another year. I also bet that proves to be a mistake. More Rex is a bad thing in my book. I'd love to be wrong, but if you're paying attention you might notice being a clueless windbag does not win games in the NFL. I'm ready for my first "Bills Break" in 50 years if this continues.

Yes, I'm currently disgusted but hope they start doing something right.

Besides all the defensive and coaching woes from Rex are the trickle down effect with penalties. I think he's a marked man by the Refs. It's known his teams are undisciplined. That reputation cannot be undone. Just get rid of him and the staff now. Pegs took a shot and it failed. He can swallow the buy out.

Rex destroyed a good team. He is a terrible, terrible coach and his record proves it. Rex is a loser, below .500. He got lucky once, but his luck has run out and nepotism should no longer be tolerated. Forget the name, look at the results. What Rex did with this team is pitiful and he should be run out of town with pitchforks.

Any half-competent coach that had this talent would have between 9-11 wins right now. The defense did not need a scheme change. Rex is an idiot to think he could make it better by blowing it up.

Marrone's downfall was Hackett. If a decent OC was brought in with Marrone and Shwartz we'd be sitting in the driver's seat in the WC, maybe even challenging the Pats, BUT NO!!!!! ASSCLOWN REX RYAN COMES IN AND F'CKS UP EVERYTHING.

He inherited an 8-7 plus gift win from the Pats team. Might end up 8-8. The constant is Brandon/Whaley. They can't put together a winning team.

Posted in another thread:

"You mentioned how well we played on defense last year. You know, fourth in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you. Because that's not where my expectations are. I know we'll lead the league in defense."

- Rex Ryan, January 2015

He's going to get a second year at least. And worse yet, he will be dismantling this team in the process. Trying to get the right pieces for his "genius" defensive scheme. Meanwhile, the talent we do have will age, and good players will be lost.

They can and will move forward with Rex. As it has been discussed many times here and elsewhere, he's not getting the boot after one season.

Support for this comment, anything to back it up?

I say that if the Bills end the year playing like this, and the defense continues to look like one of the worst, rather than the best, than the Pegulas cut their losses. It will be clear to the them that they made a big mistake.

Rex needs to go for many reasons. I think he is more focused on captains for chi tosses etc than game planning. A great example is last week he had a quality control coach putting up various signs to counter chip,jelly and the various signal senders from his sideline. So instead of a game plan he decides to make sure a quality control,coach or so end on sideline would mock Kelly with these goofy signs with chicken wings, Sabres logo etc on them. Never saw this discussed since was mentioned on radio but never saw it on Tv broadcast. The guy is a side show not a head coach worth a ****

Support for this comment, anything to back it up?

I say that if the Bills end the year playing like this, and the defense continues to look like one of the worst, rather than the best, than the Pegulas cut their losses. It will be clear to the them that they made a big mistake.

I would love for you to be right but doubt you are.

I want Rex gone badly. Rex isn't making $27.5 million for 1 season of coaching. He's going to be here next year. Coaches contracts are fully guaranteed. Terry Pegula does not want to look like a fool paying a coach $27.5 million for 1 year. He already got fleeced hiring this guy.....now we the fans get fleeced having Rex as our head coach for at least 1 more year, maybe even 2 if he can make the heroic run to 8-8 next season and place the blame of next years teams ineptness on someone else.

Much like Wannestadt, I think the game has passed Rex Ryan. The days of running and stopping the run have long passed. He belongs in a nice cozy studio with Cowher and company.

Posted in another thread:

"You mentioned how well we played on defense last year. You know, fourth in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you. Because that's not where my expectations are. I know we'll lead the league in defense."

- Rex Ryan, January 2015

Thanks for the shoutout

^ this!!!!!

This team was stacked and Rex and his clown staff made us a laughing stock of the NFL.Bring back Schwartz next year and send Rex packing and we go 13-3 @ worst.

Let's start the petition my friend! Jim Schwartz for head coach 2016-2017!

This was supposed to be a win-now roster, that's extremely cap heavy on defense. Rex took this job and was supposed to be able to get us over the hump and back to the playoffs right away. He was supposed to be able to maximize this talent, add some tweaks to the previous regime, and produce an elite product. Needing a full year (on to year 2) of having players adjust to the scheme and learn to communicate was not the preset expectations of the organization.

Now it's clear that full blown changes are going to be made on the defensive side of the ball. For what? To give a below .500 HC the players he needs?

The defensive players we have already proved they can be a playoff caliber defense in a wide 9 scheme.

Easier to get rid of one guy or revamp an entire roster that took years to build?

I guess that's the question.

Edited by jmc12290

You're being kind.

They can and will move forward with Rex. As it has been discussed many times here and elsewhere, he's not getting the boot after one season.

So it's been discussed. Doesn't mean it won't happen. Pugula got rid of three Sabres coaches during his short tenure as team owner. Rex is an absolute loser and embarrassment.

This season is an unmitigated disaster. But it's not Rex's fault! It must be Whaley's fault- he assembled an overrated roster. That twit on Wgr's postgame has pinned it all on Tyrod Taylor- he's not Cam Newton- so Taylor may be the issue. It must obviously be Mario Williams' fault- he's a lazy, immature, avaricious ne'er-do-well who has stirred the pot. Maybe it's Crossman or Thurman's fault. They should be replaced. Maybe it's Boobie Dixon's fault- he's fat. Could it be Dan Carpenter's? Or maybe it's Preston Brown's fault- he's the worst MLB in the league. But nooooooooooooo- it could not POSSIBLY be Rex's fault! He's a defensive mastermind- a genius (just ask him). The sooner this bovine charlatan leaves town, the better!