Can We All Agree on One Thing

billsfan_34

I knew someone would say that haha- thats true to a point but good teams win enough to get into the playoffs- bad teams lose enough to not get there going on 16 years straight.

So playoff teams make the playoffs? Top notch analysis this thread has!

Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose. Time and time again we find a way to lose. Just some perspective of who we really are.

Some may call me crazy, but I believe last night showed progress towards being a winning team. For the past 15 years we have been a team that gave other teams opportunities to beat us, and the good teams capitalized on those opportunities and did beat us. I feel like last night we took a step forward. Instead of giving the Pats* clear opportunities to take over we generated opportunities for ourselves. Now we did not capitalize on them, we aren't there yet, but I feel like we created a lot of opportunities to take that game over, and I do not believe that is something we have done in the recent past. The next step is to capitalize on the opportunities we create like the teams you see doing consistently well like the Pats*, Packers, or Steelers.

Some may call me crazy, but I believe last night showed progress towards being a winning team. For the past 15 years we have been a team that gave other teams opportunities to beat us, and the good teams capitalized on those opportunities and did beat us. I feel like last night we took a step forward. Instead of giving the Pats* clear opportunities to take over we generated opportunities for ourselves. Now we did not capitalize on them, we aren't there yet, but I feel like we created a lot of opportunities to take that game over, and I do not believe that is something we have done in the recent past. The next step is to capitalize on the opportunities we create like the teams you see doing consistently well like the Pats*, Packers, or Steelers.

I agree with what you said, but the one thing that concerned me is tyrod taylor's game. If he doesn't turn out to be a quality QB, the bills will find themselves between 7-9 wins every year

I agree with what you said, but the one thing that concerned me is tyrod taylor's game. If he doesn't turn out to be a quality QB, the bills will find themselves between 7-9 wins every year

Yeah, I mean I have hope that he will continue to develop, but there's no excusing that performance. It was bad. Ball placement was off all night, and that's on him. Let's see how he rebounds in a very difficult place to play at Arrowhead. I have plenty of faith in Tyrod, but I have also been very much for us bringing in another qb prospect to develop through the draft as well. I think Tyrod is solid enough to buy us some time to either a) let him pan out into a quality starter, or b) find a prospect that can develop and learn the system for a year or so before being thrown into the fire. At the end of the day only time will tell, but I am pleased with our current trajectory.

Guys- TT has 8 NFL starts in his career. Do we have to remind again Peyton manning who will be a first ballot HOF went 3-13 his rookie year. Cam Newton went 6-10 his rookie year.

Not every rookie season is going to be like Brady and Rothlesberger. It's more common for a QB to struggle somewhat in the beginning and grows into his role. I'm not placing a guarantee on TT, but he has done somethings really well.

Guys- TT has 8 NFL starts in his career. Do we have to remind again Peyton manning who will be a first ballot HOF went 3-13 his rookie year. Cam Newton went 6-10 his rookie year.

Not every rookie season is going to be like Brady and Rothlesberger. It's more common for a QB to struggle somewhat in the beginning and grows into his role. I'm not placing a guarantee on TT, but he has done somethings really well.

YES! someone with a brain

Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose. Time and time again we find a way to lose. Just some perspective of who we really are.

How about "You are what your record says you are?" Those are things people say when they don't want to think about what actually happens in games. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I just find it amusing that because the bills didnt beat a undefeated team its same old bills

Its not

That game was winnable and we absolutely lost it all on our own- like we always do. The defense played good and the Bills offense and special teams was grose.

How about "You are what your record days you are?" Those are things people say when they don't want to think about what actually happens in games.

Ok fair enough- our record says we lost 5 games- 3 of those we found a way to lose.

Been a Bills fan since 1972. There have been more down years then up for sure. But, it changes, and the good years are great. A piece of advice, don't relegate yourselves to being defined by 15 years of no playoffs.

Ive been one just as long- no playoffs for most likely 16 years straight tells me all I need to know. The only good years were the late 80s to mid 90s- then 1999 where we found a way to lose to the Steelers against their 3rd string- I was there.

I just find it amusing that because the bills didnt beat a undefeated team its same old bills

Its not

Lets revisit this over the next 2 weeks? Sound good?

That game was winnable and we absolutely lost it all on our own- like we always do. The defense played good and the Bills offense and special teams was grose.

Ok fair enough- our record says we lost 5 games- 3 of those we found a way to lose.

Ive been one just as long- no playoffs for most likely 16 years straight tells me all I need to know. The only good years were the late 80s to mid 90s- then 1999 where we found a way to lose to the Steelers against their 3rd string- I was there.

Lets revisit this over the next 2 weeks? Sound good?

History lesson. Lou Saban 2 was a lot of fun 72-75. Best offense in league in 75, led in both points and yards. Started 4-0 and beat the defending SB and to be champs-The Steelers in Pitt. Injuries killed the secondary.

The Chuck Knox years 79-82. Fun team, won a lot of games. Fergie in his prime, Joe Cribbs, Jerry Butler and the number 1 ranked defense in 1980.

Getting tired of the 15 year excuse with some on here. Get a grip, building a team is a process, learn to enjoy the ride, stop wallowing in your sorrows of the past-get over it.

Prior to that, we had one of the great runs a franchise has ever had from about 87-2000. It will change for the better again.

Its not

Another pragmatic man. It's a miracle!

Edited by The Thurmanator

Its not

It's the same old Bills. You can suggest otherwise with a simple "it's not" but that's not a compelling case. Do they have more talent than prior years, sure. Outside of that fact, it is the same old Bills. A .500 record in a down AFC is more the reason they're in the hunt than them being better.

Can't beat the Patriots. Same old Bills. When it comes time for that "get over the hump game" and prove they're not the same old Bills, they can't as evidenced by the loss to the Giants and the annual stinker to the Jags. The Giants game was that game this year. Home against a quality opponent. Laid an egg. Same old Bills. They lose to teams with better records like New England and Cincinnati and generally aren't even competitive in those games. They lead early in the first two and laid an egg. They never lead Monday. They're so-so against teams with similar records, and beat teams with they should beat. They're losses are against teams with a combined 37-13 record that obviously is skewed by the Patriots but in there are losses to a 5-5 and and 4-6 team. They haven't beaten a team with a record above .500 and their wins are against teams with a combined 20-30 record. Same. Old. Bills.

So when they lay another egg in KC Sunday, then maybe you'll see it. Book it, it's a loss. The script says so.... "get over the hump game" against a mediocre QB and a backup running back. That's Willie Parker and Tommy Maddox on line 1.

We are 500, one game out of the wildcard, and still very much in the hunt. We just got beat by 1 score by the defending super bowl champs. Get some perspective boys.

That Patriot team sucked and was a shell of what they normally are. The Bills STILL lost and proved once again that they are not a good team.

To me it's not that the Bills as team are middle of the road. It's they still have a few boneheaded players who make crucial mistakes at the worst possible times. Replcae those guys with players who don't do dumb things and they'll instantly get better

The only question left is when they lose to KC, how high do they draft a qb. This team is going to really suck for a while starting next year. An aging defense that probably doesn't re-sign Gilmore and is still in search of a legit qb.enjoy mediocrity while we have it because the rebuild is right around the corner.

Absolutely not. What, are you new here?

Damn- thanks for the reality check!

History lesson. Lou Saban 2 was a lot of fun 72-75. Best offense in league in 75, led in both points and yards. Started 4-0 and beat the defending SB and to be champs-The Steelers in Pitt. Injuries killed the secondary.

The Chuck Knox years 79-82. Fun team, won a lot of games. Fergie in his prime, Joe Cribbs, Jerry Butler and the number 1 ranked defense in 1980.

Getting tired of the 15 year excuse with some on here. Get a grip, building a team is a process, learn to enjoy the ride, stop wallowing in your sorrows of the past-get over it.

Prior to that, we had one of the great runs a franchise has ever had from about 87-2000. It will change for the better again.

There is no sorrow my friend just pointing out the obvious. The 15 year drought is a tell tale sign of futility and grose mismanagement. Yeah the fergie years were OK but wheres the ring? Not in this town. My life goes on and im hardly upset. In a few more weeks when the games really mean nothing I will get outdoors and enjoy My Sundays in other ways. Of course the home games I will be there at the stadium.

Another pragmatic man. It's a miracle!

Edited by billsfan_34

The only question left is when they lose to KC, how high do they draft a qb. This team is going to really suck for a while starting next year. An aging defense that probably doesn't re-sign Gilmore and is still in search of a legit qb.enjoy mediocrity while we have it because the rebuild is right around the corner.

Who is the guaranteed Andrew Luck franchise savior in this draft?

It's not that we are bad, but it's not like we are good either.

So you think we are mediocre? Most of us would agree that we have top talent and top coaching but a tough schedule. Look at who we lost to (minus the Jags). I think you are underestimating our talent and, more importantly, our team.