Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or we finish 10-6 and stay home in January, which if Pitt wins this Sunday is a very possible outcome sadly.

Well you better be rooting very hard for the Bungles to win.

It'd be incredibly ironic if we squeeze into the playoffs, only to face NE at NE in the first round. :lol:

And then win.

I am. If you look back a couple of pages you will see I am even considering watching that game on Sunday over ours. A win for the Bills will feel very hollow if the Steelers win.

But you just got to continue to win and hope other things happen. I'm not going to get down if we win...I'm still going to hope that things happen the way they need too.

Being a Bills fan.

So if we finish 10-6, we basically will play in NE, Denver, or Cinci. Not sure which would be better. You would think Cinci given their history of losing n the playoffs, but my hope would be the Pats. No one would expect us to win, and a win over the Pats in the playoffs would be so rewarding. We'll never make the SB so to knock them off would be great.

It's not as if we have a better shot at beating Denver or Cinci.

Still a long way away but right now I got to be honest I would rather play the pats in NE than Cinci. I get the feeling Cincy/Dalton are due to break out of their playoff slump.

To me, every year the "hill to climb" feels the same.

At this point in the season we all talk about how 10-6 might not get it done due to the records of other teams in the mix and their schedules.

Then, as the weeks go by a 9-7 team ends up slipping in because teams lose games nobody thought they would lose.

I see the same thing this season. Just look at the Eagles Patriots* game. A team that had "quit on its coach" and had given up 45+ points two weeks in a row in blowout losses goes into the den of Satan and pulls out a W.

Is it REALLY more improbable that John-na Football could lead Cleveland to a W vs Checkdown Alice and the Chiefs? What about Philip Rivers, who at any time could throw for 500+ yards?

You just never know in this league, but you can almost bet on a handful of upsets over the next 4 weeks that could tilt the table in the Bills favor IF they win out and go 10-6.

Edited by TheFunPolice

To me, every year the "hill to climb" feels the same.

At this point in the season we all talk about how 10-6 might not get it done due to the records of other teams in the mix and their schedules.

Then, as the weeks go by a 9-7 team ends up slipping in because teams lose games nobody thought they would lose.

I see the same thing this season. Just look at the Eagles Patriots* game. A team that had "quit on its coach" and had given up 45+ points two weeks in a row in blowout losses goes into the den of Satan and pulls out a W.

Is it REALLY more improbable that John-na Football could lead Cleveland to a W vs Checkdown Alice and the Chiefs? What about Philip Rivers, who at any time could throw for 500+ yards?

You just never know in this league, but you can almost bet on a handful of upsets over the next 4 weeks that could tilt the table in the Bills favor IF they win out and go 10-6.

I'm with this. Just focus on the Bills getting it done. They need to win the games to get there. We can worry about tie breakers and all that nonsense in the last week of the year. If the Bills don't win, it's meaningless anyways. Just like last year vs. Oakland. Just get the job done first.

Deion and Marshall did a bit on NFL network predicting the records for AFC wild card contenders. They only did the Jets, Chiefs and Steelers, go figure, but Deion predicted the Steelers would lose their next two and Marshall thinks the Jets will lose to us week 17. That would be the ideal scenario, as it would mean we could theoretically lose one more game and still get in. I really want to see Pittsburgh lose this week. That will help us a great deal.

Ha! they ignored the Bills in the conversation, but pretty much included us as that scenario would get us in.

Steelers are better than the Bengals and I think they win by more than 10

The Bengals are the better team overall. Better D, better talent top to bottom. The Steelers have a better offense but the gap between the two team's offenses isn't as great as between the Ds. The great equalizer, as always, are injuries. Bengals D has a few key players out this week. Also, if bad Dalton shows up it will cost them the game.

What to root for in Week 14

1212-dalton-roethlisberger.jpg

It's another week to keep a close eye on the rest of the contenders in the AFC Wild Card race. Here are the games to watch and who to root for this weekend.

The AFC Wild Card race still has a number of contenders left with four games to play. Buffalo currently sits in the eighth spot with only the top six in the AFC advancing to the postseason. The Bills could use some help this weekend to improve their position in the standings and with potential tiebreakers. Of course it’s all assuming the Bills can not only post a win Sunday, but in the weeks that follow. Here’s a look at what Bills fans should be pulling for on Sunday.

Fantastic....SD winning at KC will be stretch. Dont' expect the Titans to go into NY and beat the Jets....THe bengals always choke against the Steelers and I don't see them defeating them at Ketchup field,

FYI: The Bengals already beat the Steelers this season and today's game is in Cincinnati.