Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chefs beat down of the Donkeys really hurts. I'm not liking having to play the Cheatriots in Foxboro on Monday night followed by the Chefs in KC on a short week.

A short week is Sunday to Thursday.

From what I heard Manning entered the game with foot an rib injuries abd wasn;t fully ready but the coach acquiesced to Peyton's wishes and started him.

We're on the the Cheatriots. Lets worry about KC next week.

Oakland @ Detroit

NYETS @ Houston

Kansas City @ San Diego

One saving grace: Raiders and Chiefs still play twice. Hope they split and take each other out in the process.

I looked at the schedules when the Raiders were closing the gap on the WC. So do the Chargers. I expect a split for both opponents.

A short week is Sunday to Thursday.

From what I heard Manning entered the game with foot an rib injuries abd wasn;t fully ready but the coach acquiesced to Peyton's wishes and started him.

We're on the the Cheatriots. Lets worry about KC next week.

Sunday to Thursday is a shorter week than Monday night to Sunday, but both are short. Having to travel twice makes it tougher. What's the typical schedule after a MNF game away? Do teams fly back the following day or red eye it back? Either way they aren't practicing on Tuesday and they'll be traveling on Saturday too. Not the end of the world, but it isn't going to help. Edited by BarleyNY

Sunday to Thursday is a shorter week than Monday night to Sunday, but both are short. Having to travel twice makes it tougher. What's the typical schedule after a MNF game away? Do teams fly back the following day or red eye it back? Either way they aren't practicing on Tuesday and they'll be traveling on Saturday too. Not the end of the world, but it isn't going to help.

Not sure. I thing most teams fly back the same day / night

man all the other contenders have joke games. Houston? Detroit? UGH.

Yeah, the Bills have a tougher road ahead than their competition. Fivethirtyeight had their playoff odds jump up to 42% after TNF, but fell back to 36% after Sunday. I was surprised it wasn't higher due to where they sit now (6th spot) until I started looking at schedules. A tough, but not insurmountable, task.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

Oh man the Chiefs' schedule is cake.

But again, it just comes down to us winning. Chiefs have to dig themselves out of a hole now.

And that's reflected in 538's latest playoff chances update:

Steelers 59% (no surprise there, and apparently you actually have to kill Ben to keep him out)

Chiefs 56%

Bills 37%

Jets 27%

Texans 23%

Dolphins 14%

Jags (!) 14%

Raiders 7% (took a huge hit this week, not just because they lost, but because KC is passing them)

And of course, Colts are at 65%. Ahh, the beauty of a weak division ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

That Jacksonville game was so massive. The team should be 6-3 in a very good position.

Instead we have a very tough road ahead. I don't see how we don't get another 3 losses minimum. @NE, @KC, @WA will be very tough to win. Then there is Dallas at home at the end of the year with Romo back.

I think we finish 9-7 and get the last wildcard spot with a tie break over the Jets.

Edited by kobe808lak

The team pretty much needs to win one of the next two to have a realistic shot. Two conference losses including a tiebreaker with KC would be devastating. If they don't win one of the next two they'd probably need to run the table to get in.

The team pretty much needs to win one of the next two to have a realistic shot. Two conference losses including a tiebreaker with KC would be devastating. If they don't win one of the next two they'd probably need to run the table to get in.

Couldn't agree more. The Pats are banged up and we might actually have a shot at them. The Chiefs got handed the game from Peyton and still struggled to get the ball in the endzone. Gotta win one of those.

And that's reflected in 538's latest playoff chances update:

Steelers 59% (no surprise there, and apparently you actually have to kill Ben to keep him out)

Chiefs 56%

Bills 37%

Jets 27%

Texans 23%

Dolphins 14%

Jags (!) 14%

Raiders 7% (took a huge hit this week, not just because they lost, but because KC is passing them)

And of course, Colts are at 65%. Ahh, the beauty of a weak division ...

Statistics... and you wonder why Vegas makes so much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Jags now better odds than the Raiders??

Statistics... and you wonder why Vegas makes so much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Jags now better odds than the Raiders??

The jags have tenn and sd at home coming up followed by at tenn and then home against indy. Those are 4 winnable games. Then they have atl, new orleans and houston. 7-9 is probably where they end up but 8-8 is a shot.

The jags have tenn and sd at home coming up followed by at tenn and then home against indy. Those are 4 winnable games. Then they have atl, new orleans and houston. 7-9 is probably where they end up but 8-8 is a shot.

The Jags are still the Jags. They have won three ballgames, and two of those (BUF and BAL) were gift-wrapped and handed to them with a big bow on top.

They will not win more than 5-6 games. Put it in the bank.

Those teams are all looking at the Jags and saying "that's a very winnable game."

Couldn't agree more. The Pats are banged up and we might actually have a shot at them. The Chiefs got handed the game from Peyton and still struggled to get the ball in the endzone. Gotta win one of those.

They're getting two offensive lineman and Jamie Collins back this week. I think that has more of a net positive impact on them than losing Edelman. They're more healthy when they play us next week than they were this week.

That Jacksonville game was so massive. The team should be 6-3 in a very good position.

Instead we have a very tough road ahead. I don't see how we don't get another 3 losses minimum. @NE, @KC, @WA will be very tough to win. Then there is Dallas at home at the end of the year with Romo back.

I think we finish 9-7 and get the last wildcard spot with a tie break over the Jets.

The Chiefs have some games that they're rightly angry about losing too ...