Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

Patriots and Dallas I am guessing are two of those losses so we can allow one more after that.....God it sucks to have to concede two games every year to the Pats.

They really need to win these next 2 games. Win these next 2 & we are in very good shape going into the last half of the season. NE is a lost, but I am not willing to throw in the towel against Dallas just yet. If htye keep going the way they are going they will be out of the playoff picture when December rolls around.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranking the teams on the playoff bubble

Russell Wilson's Seahawks and Todd Gurley's Rams are currently out of the playoff picture. Which squad is better positioned to make a push? Gil Brandt ranks 10 bubble teams set for big second halves.

5) Buffalo Bills (3-4)

It won't be easy for the Bills to overtake the other wild-card contenders in the AFC, but there's reason for optimism, not least because of a talented defense. While that unit has underachieved some, especially in the sacks department (Buffalo has 11, tied for 29th, after leading the NFL with 54 in 2014), it still ranks 13th overall and sixth against the run. My main question with Buffalo centers on the quarterback. Tyrod Taylor hasn't been bad, but he's inexperienced, and that can hurt come crunch time. I'm not ready to write the Bills off quite yet, of course, but I like the wild-card contenders ahead of them -- including the Jets -- more.

0ap3000000573074.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is a pretty weak effort on NFL.com.

@AroundTheNFL

Rex Ryan's Bills haven't beaten a team with a winning record -- are they primed for a fall? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572872/article/four-teams-set-to-tumble-down-the-stretch

It's not exactly an in-depth analysis, but it's pretty spot on. We have only won 3 out of our 7 games, and they came against sub-par teams. The teams we beat have a combined record of 7-15.

That being said, we also lost to some great teams. Let's see how we fare the next two weeks and we will be able to make more accurate judgements

It's not exactly an in-depth analysis, but it's pretty spot on. We have only won 3 out of our 7 games, and they came against sub-par teams. The teams we beat have a combined record of 7-15.

That being said, we also lost to some great teams. Let's see how we fare the next two weeks and we will be able to make more accurate judgements

Patriots opponents record is 21-30.

Edit

The Bills opponents record is 27-24

Its a misleading stat nonetheless.

Edited by What a Tuel

Miami @ 3-4

Philly @ 3-4

Dallas @ 2-5

Skins @ 3-4

KC @ 3-5

Houston @ 3-5

NYETS @ 4-3 - (2x)

Putrids @ 7-0

If it comes down to the Bills and NYETS

week 17 in Buffalo 11,934 tickets available from $42

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The Jets will fall off because Fitzpatrick is not that good and Geno is even worse. We've seen that show before. He and Chan start well then DC's adjust and shut them down. I wonder how good of an OC Chan could be with a top-notch QB prospect to work with.

He's always made due with either sub-par journeymen, gimmick QBs, or Aikman at the end of his career.

WHEN the Bills get to 5-4 they will be sitting in the 6th spot. No far-fetched scenarios needed.

Edit

The dominance of the Pats and the ineptitude of the Bills is part of what make those stats look the way they do.

If the Pats had lost 4 of their 7 games (like the Bills have) their opponents' record would be 25-26.

If the Bills had won all their games (like the Pats have) their opponents' record would be 23-27.