Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We get it, you're pessimistic. Do you really need to reinforce that in each and every post you make?

If I was pessimistic, I'd see losses through the rest of the season. If I were optimistic, I'd see wins through the rest of the season. As it is, I see us winning a few, and losing a few, and likely missing because we have a tough road ahead. My apologies for being frustrated by that scenario after going through the same damned thing almost every year. Feel free to ignore my posts if they bother you.

Those teams are all looking at the Jags and saying "that's a very winnable game."

the jags lost to indy in ot 23-20, tb 38-31, jets 28-23 so they have been in these games. Im not saying they will but with those home games and a couple things go their way they can end up in the playoff hunt. The colts have the falcons, bucs and steelers next 3 weeks. The jags have a shot at the division.

the jags lost to indy in ot 23-20, tb 38-31, jets 28-23 so they have been in these games. Im not saying they will but with those home games and a couple things go their way they can end up in the playoff hunt. The colts have the falcons, bucs and steelers next 3 weeks. The jags have a shot at the division.

They certainly do. The South is truly up for grabs right now.

Why are people so pessimistic? If the Bills stay healthy, they control their own fate.

If the Bills win their three remaining home games, and beat the Chiefs, then 9-7 should get them in. All the home games are "must-wins"

The Chiefs game is probably the biggest "must-win" game on the road. Losing to the Chiefs would be a big blow to their chances.

Looking at the rest of the schedule game by game I thinks ends up:

Steelers 10-6

Bills 10-6 or 9-7 (but can't lose to Chiefs)

Jets 9-7 (Bills win tiebreaker if they both finish 9-7)

Chiefs 8-8

Raiders 8-8 or 7-9

Look I agree that the Chiefs game is probably the season. I understand how 538 would have the Chiefs ahead of the Bills- just look at their schedule and then look at ours. That being said, for the life of me, why the f*** to a handful of posters keep insisting that we're probably going to lose to freaking Dallas at home!?!?!

P.S. Don't look now but there is a scenario whereby the Broncos go 9-7 and we beat out them instead of the Chiefs. Definitely time to start rooting for their opponents.

And that's reflected in 538's latest playoff chances update:

Steelers 59% (no surprise there, and apparently you actually have to kill Ben to keep him out)

Chiefs 56%

Bills 37%

Jets 27%

Texans 23%

Dolphins 14%

Jags (!) 14%

Raiders 7% (took a huge hit this week, not just because they lost, but because KC is passing them)

And of course, Colts are at 65%. Ahh, the beauty of a weak division ...

Still, the Chiefs are basically one loss from elimination, maybe 2 if the other WC contenders fall apart. I don't think their odds should be over 50%.

I don't think our schedule is as hard as some are making it out to be. We are 3-1 on the road so far and play HOU, KC, WSH, PHI. Most of those teams are weak.

We beat the Colts and almost came back on the Pats in week 2.

Hell, I can see us winning the rest of our games.

Then again, we lost to Jacksonville & the Giants and almost lost to the Titans. I can see us losing the majority of our remaining games too!

This is why I will never bet on the Bills again - too much of my heart gets involved and not enough of my head.

That's why they play the games. We'll see . . . .

Here's hoping 10-6 or better!!

Still, the Chiefs are basically one loss from elimination, maybe 2 if the other WC contenders fall apart. I don't think their odds should be over 50%.

I don't think our schedule is as hard as some are making it out to be. We are 3-1 on the road so far and play HOU, KC, WSH, PHI. Most of those teams are weak.

Simply not true. They have 5 losses. 10-6 is a ticket to the playoffs so they can definitely afford 1 loss. If they beat the Bills, they can probably afford 2 losses because the Bills aint finishing higher than 9-7 if they lose to the Chiefs (unless they beat New England) and they would then own the tiebreaker.

If the jags end up the 4 seed and we end up the 5 seed with a better record we would host a wild card game right?

No of course not.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

If the jags end up the 4 seed and we end up the 5 seed with a better record we would host a wild card game right?

Nope.

Simply not true. They have 5 losses. 10-6 is a ticket to the playoffs so they can definitely afford 1 loss. If they beat the Bills, they can probably afford 2 losses because the Bills aint finishing higher than 9-7 if they lose to the Chiefs (unless they beat New England) and they would then own the tiebreaker.

No of course not.

Oh shoot, my bad. Thought they were 4-6 for some reason.

But hey if we lose to KC and NE we can still get to 10-6, technically!

Nope.

Oh shoot, my bad. Thought they were 4-6 for some reason.

But hey if we lose to KC and NE we can still get to 10-6, technically!

We could but we won't. I'm agreeing with a previous poster that the KC game is the season. Unless they beat New England, which I do not think is impossible. So in other words, they have to win 1 of their next 2, period.