Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

The dominance of the Pats and the ineptitude of the Bills is part of what make those stats look the way they do.

If the Pats had lost 4 of their 7 games (like the Bills have) their opponents' record would be 25-26.

If the Bills had won all their games (like the Pats have) their opponents' record would be 23-27.

That's the point. If those sucky teams would have beaten us, they would have been 10-12 rather than 7-15. It's why I said it is a misleading stat. I should've said useless.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiders lose

Pitt loses Big Ben

Jets win but we can take care of business this Thursday

Steelers have a crazy hard schedule after the bye week - Seahawks, Colts, Bengals, Broncos and Ravens (who I believe will still play them tough)

Raiders only have 3 tough teams left on schedule so probably best they lost yesterday

Jets - just sweep em

Raiders lose

Pitt loses Big Ben

Jets win but we can take care of business this Thursday

Steelers have a crazy hard schedule after the bye week - Seahawks, Colts, Bengals, Broncos and Ravens (who I believe will still play them tough)

Raiders only have 3 tough teams left on schedule so probably best they lost yesterday

Jets - just sweep em

The Raiders have faced 2 within their division. The AFCW is typically competitive within IIRC. Based on my recollection their Dec sched doesn't look that easy

Chiefs, @ Bronco's, Packers, Chargers and @ Chiefs

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

fivethirtyeight is updated for the week. Bills are up to a 28% chance to make the playoffs and an 8-8 projected record. The Jets have a 50% chance and 9-7 projected record. Obviously Thursday night is going to have a tremendous impact on their projection. They have the odds of that game Jets 56%-44% Bills. That's tight.

Edited by BarleyNY

Who to believe NFL.com or CBS ?

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture 7th seed Buffalo

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace 7th seed Raiders

We need a real win streak right now.

So this week we need cleveland, vikings(hopefully teddy plays), denver and bengals.

Big Ben won't rule himself out for the Browns game

Now irrelevant. The Bills are now the #1 wildcard team.

Division Record, and Conference Record are ours.

From this point on, the Bills control their own destiny.

While it was true that this game had a huge swing impact...that swing is now for us.

If we had lost, every clown with access to a microphone or youtube would be telling us how terrible that was.

But, we didn't lose. So, I'm here to laugh at the clowns, and remind you all how great it is.

We need a real win streak right now.

So this week we need cleveland, vikings(hopefully teddy plays), denver and bengals.

The last two wins have doubled the Bills playoff chances from 21% to 42% according to fivethirtyeight's prediction model. They are now right in the thick of it:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

The Bills should get some help this weekend as well. Cleveland might lose out so I'm not counting on them, but Denver, Cincy and the Vikes (w/Bridgewater) should do us some favors.

Edited by BarleyNY

Now irrelevant. The Bills are now the #1 wildcard team.

Division Record, and Conference Record are ours.

From this point on, the Bills control their own destiny.

While it was true that this game had a huge swing impact...that swing is now for us.

If we had lost, every clown with access to a microphone or youtube would be telling us how terrible that was.

But, we didn't lose. So, I'm here to laugh at the clowns, and remind you all how great it is.

Irrelevant to many. Not the morons who can't do the proper research.

Hold on to what you got

https://youtu.be/ejtbdY7Q-Os

If you can excel lot of criticism

Then you'll know you're on your way

If you can excel on your journey

Then you know my heart is yearning

If the season ended today ...

The Bills snatched a wild card placeholder away from the Jets (and the Steelers) with a win Thursday. See where the rest of the league stands in the Playoff Picture heading into Week 10

Come on Minny vs Raiders and let's hope the Browns get Josh McCown back vs Pitt

The Jets, well, we took care of that business...

@AdamSchefter

Browns are expected to start Johnny Manziel vs Pittsburgh on Sunday, per source.

Roethlisberger listed as questionable for Sunday