Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well as terrible as last week was, can't say things aren't going our way today.

Dolphins lose

Chargers lose

Steelers lose

Jets losing

That's true.

Now if we can get our starters in there and win a few games, the season can be salvaged.

I'm reminded of the line from the movie War Games - the only way to win the game is to not play. I'm actually more optimistic about the Bills making the playoffs at this point, not because I think they are particularly good, and I certainly have no confidence in the Bills' blowhard overrated joke of a head coach, but because after you get past the top of the AFC there are simply no good teams and the Bills may be the best of that bad lot.

has the bar really been set so low, that the idea of this team sniffing a wildcard spot - playing the way they are - excites you guys?

this roster has talent and a professional coaching staff to prepare them.

if they can't get their collective head out their collective ass in the second half, and dominate opponents - then i could care less about them stumbling their way into a post-season tourney.

you play to make your mark.

you compete to win.

they may still have it in them to play tough disciplined ball - to becoming a team with a purpose. if we see that happen in the next 9 games - then let the chips fall where they may.

Edited by BackInDaDay

has the bar really been set so low, that the idea of this team sniffing a wildcard spot - playing the way they are - excites you guys?

this roster has talent and a professional coaching staff to prepare them.

if they can't get their collective head out their collective ass in the second half, and dominate opponents - then i could care less about them stumbling their way into a post-season tourney.

you play to make your mark.

you compete to win.

they may still have it in them to play tough disciplined ball - to becoming a team with a purpose. if we see that happen in the next 9 games - then let the chips fall where they may.

When teams that don't have to contend with being in the same division as Brady / Belichick for a decade and a half make the playoffs with crappy records ( and don't have to deal with some god awful streak because of it) I'll just take the cheap playoff berth, thank you. Baby steps...