Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two wins have doubled the Bills playoff chances from 21% to 42% according to fivethirtyeight's prediction model. They are now right in the thick of it:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

The Bills should get some help this weekend as well. Cleveland might lose out so I'm not counting on them, but Denver, Cincy and the Vikes (w/Bridgewater) should do us some favors.

Curious how they think the 5-4 Jets have the same chance at making the playoffs as the 3-5 Chiefs.

Curious how they think the 5-4 Jets have the same chance at making the playoffs as the 3-5 Chiefs.

Well the chiefs aren't that good but have won 2 in a row so that increases their odds. The Jets have lost 3 or their last 4. Not really mathematical but looks bad on the jets and good on the chiefs. But yea, they need to jump at least 3 teams to get in so I don't get it either.

Irrelevant to many. Not the morons who can't do the proper research.

Hold on to what you got

https://youtu.be/ejtbdY7Q-Os

If you can excel lot of criticism

Then you'll know you're on your way

If you can excel on your journey

Then you know my heart is yearning

Life Lesson from PPP? Even the people you vehemently diagree with are capable of making your day with the perfect reggae song at the perfect time.

"I gotta tell ya Ton' man, earlier in the day, I was feeling really ****ty man. Really down in the dumps. Lost a little money...

Hey you know what? Forget about it huh, forget about it.

Yeah, !@#$ it man! I can't be worried about that ****. Life goes on man!"

Man, I forgot what its like being "in the hunt", there IS a reason to watch football this weekend even with no Bills game - need to root for other teams to lose!! :beer:

This is cool, but, the really cool part will come when we get back to knowing that, "come on, it's the (this year, the Jets/Steelers/Raiders) and they will blow it because they are who they are, meanwhile, we'll win because, come on, it's the Bills".

Leading up to the "no punt" game against the 49ers and Steve Young? Everybody in the divison still had a chance. But the fact is, even with my memory, I don't remember who/what/how. Because? It did not matter. I knew we'd win, and while I can remember every single word to every single Led Zeppelin song, and every song, and album, in order, I only do so because that is important.

I don't memorize anything. It just comes to me. I can read my 8th grade history book right now. It still matters.

When we get back to "It's a toss up betwen raking the leaves, taking a nap, and watching the games today(Sunday) I know don't matter. The Bills are better, and are playing Monday, and none of this is worth remembering, because these other teams are merely toys, that we'll let fight themselves, and crush when they finally get to us. Hell, losing Monday doesn't even matter."?

Then that will be something to remember, because we will finally be back to our normal mindset.

Casserly's assertion we only scored 9 offensive points does not account for the fact the Jets have the #4 defense in the NFL, #1 run defense in the NFL, and we ran for 148 yards on them.

I do not agree Pittsburgh and Oakland are clearly better than the Bills and Jets. If Ben doesn't play today, and McKown does, they could lose to the Browns. The more weeks Ben is out, the losses will pile up. By the second week, opposing teams figured out Landry Jones. Oakland has improved, but who is to say they are better than the Bills.

Casserly's assertion we only scored 9 offensive points does not account for the fact the Jets have the #4 defense in the NFL, #1 run defense in the NFL, and we ran for 148 yards on them.

I do not agree Pittsburgh and Oakland are clearly better than the Bills and Jets. If Ben doesn't play today, and McKown does, they could lose to the Browns. The more weeks Ben is out, the losses will pile up. By the second week, opposing teams figured out Landry Jones. Oakland has improved, but who is to say they are better than the Bills.

I don't either. But just like everyone else, Casserly has an opinion. In the end, what he thinks doesn't matter since all of these teams have to make it happen on the field. McCown is out today, so it'll be Manziel vs. Landry Jones in the Steelers and Browns matchup.

Thanks 26. I heard the Pettine interview on NFLR TR morning, and he eluded McKown would be healthy enough to play. Let's hope Manzel plays well.

On a side note, Bradley, Lewis, Fisher, Pettine, and a couple of others all have weekly spots on NFLR. I'm surprised they didn't approach Rex for a national spot. He is whether you love or hate him, one of the most interesting persons to interview. I think it would be fun to have him on NFL Radio every week, and continue to expand the Bills exposure outside of Buffalo.

I remember when I was in my early 20's I moved to Tampa, and there were tons of Bills fans down here because they were so good.

Anyway today should be fun I can watch the games knowing we already won. I'll watch the Steelers and Raiders without a doubt. It should be fun rooting against them. Manning should crush the Raiders.

Exactly

My buddy was getting so pissed at the jets game and I'm like calm down this is a defensive game we are playing to limit mistakes and that's why we won

If we came out trying to score 30 on offense we get ran out of the building

I'll have to click the link. 22 points - 7 for the pick 6 is 15 is it not? Does he not count all FG's? the offense had to get the kicker within FG range. Or was he eluding to the 3 turnovers that left the Bills with great field position?

I might agree that w/o that short field the score might have been the 1 TD.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever