Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

When teams that don't have to contend with being in the same division as Brady / Belichick for a decade and a half make the playoffs with crappy records ( and don't have to deal with some god awful streak because of it) I'll just take the cheap playoff berth, thank you. Baby steps...

Even if the Pats weren't in this division the Bills still wouldn't make the playoffs.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the Pats weren't in this division the Bills still wouldn't make the playoffs.

Perhaps not this season. I'm pretty sure the Bills wouldn't be in the midst of a fifteen year drought though. Teams have gotten in at 8-8 or less in other divisions. So I'll take it if they do. No shame in that . Just a playoff berth please.

When teams that don't have to contend with being in the same division as Brady / Belichick for a decade and a half make the playoffs with crappy records ( and don't have to deal with some god awful streak because of it) I'll just take the cheap playoff berth, thank you. Baby steps...

for me, playing tough and smart is a step forward, and anything less is a disappointment - regardless of where either lead

has the bar really been set so low, that the idea of this team sniffing a wildcard spot - playing the way they are - excites you guys?

this roster has talent and a professional coaching staff to prepare them.

if they can't get their collective head out their collective ass in the second half, and dominate opponents - then i could care less about them stumbling their way into a post-season tourney.

you play to make your mark.

you compete to win.

they may still have it in them to play tough disciplined ball - to becoming a team with a purpose. if we see that happen in the next 9 games - then let the chips fall where they may.

I'll be happy to make the playoffs just because it would be a nice change of pace after 15 years, but if the Bills limp in at 8-8 or 9-7 that won't change my opinion that Rex sucks big time.

Midway through the season with a bunch of bad teams and good teams playing bad - I guess now is the time to talk scenarios.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

Raiders, NYETS and Steelers are in the way. The NYETS will fall away very soon. The Steelers are they prime competition and the Raiders, who have surprised the NFL thus far, play each other Sunday in Pittsburgh

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/oak

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/pit

This AFC wild card race is wide open!

Let's get to 4-4 going into that huge TNF game against NJ!

Let them worry about the Fish first

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/buf

What do they have left:

OAK: at PIT, MIN, at DET, at TEN, KC, at DEN, GB, SD, at KC

PIT: OAK, CLE, bye, at SEA, IND, at CIN, DEN, at BAL, at CLE

BUF: MIA, at Jets, at NE, at KC, HOU, at PHL, at WAS, DAL, JETS

JETS: JAX, BUF, at HOU, MIA, NYG, at TEN, at DAL, NE, at BUF

MIA: at BUF, at PHL, DAL, at Jets, BAL, NYG, at SD, IND, NE

What do they have left:

So, what you're saying is, we really need a win this week

What do they have left:

Looking at that, we have the easiest road by far.......I mean if we were actually good

What do they have left:

Looking at this I like our chances.

We have 2 losses left or were out.

I don't think it will take 10 - 6 to make the playoffs this year, I think 9 - 7 can do it. The 5th and 6th seed currently have one more loss than us (and good luck Jets with Geno), the 7th seed, Pittsburgh also has 4 losses, but have played one more game than us so they have 4 wins as well.

Keep winning - especially over the next two weeks and we'll (obviously) be going in the right direction...

it will be a close race to the finish that is for sure. Close enough to a MUST win the next 2 of 3 games followed by MUST win 2 of 3 games followed by MUST win 2 of 3 games.

Patriots and Dallas I am guessing are two of those losses so we can allow one more after that.....God it sucks to have to concede two games every year to the Pats.